Tuesday Ta Dah!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday Ta Dah!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:29 am

Recycling an old title, we need some ta dahs for today to keep our spirits up!

What have you accomplished that is worthy of a ta dah? Big and small, we want to share the triumphs today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Tuesday Ta Dah!

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:36 am

hello sweet twins and all!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:36 am

Yesterday was one of those days that I get so focused on doing one thing that all the rest get left behind undone in the dust. No wonder I need multiple ta dahs for today!

Dfriend M has asked if I want to walk this a.m. at the nature park - will take two hours but I'm inclined to do it. She wants to leave in an hour so I need to have breakfast, walk my dog and do as much of a.m. routine as possible. So I'm sending her a message that I'm in....

Also need to finally (I hope) take the stuff to the friend doing wildlife rehab and see my mother.

Tonight I am scratching my creative itch by going to a hand lettering class. I need to work on the June Pro Gen assignment today, but I need to do a bunch of other stuff along the way, too.

Right now:
-breakfast and meds
-dress and brush teeth
-walk the ddog
-make the bed

And she's off!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:37 am

Waving back to bw2, and all who will be dropping in!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:38 am

I just caught myself as I went to post a Wednesday PWYC thread!

Went to bed too late, took a long time to fall asleep because I was on the 'wrong' side of the bed and had trouble figuring out how to get out of bed in the middle of the night because everything was reversed and my muscles must work from muscle-memory when I go to the bathroom at 3 a.m.! In the morning, it wasn't hard, just in the middle of the night.

I'm up. I've just finished tea and chocolate.

My first ta dahs:

Activated credit card
Opened mail
Watered balcony plants

I'm digging my way through paperwork right now.

Last night as I finished up my planner for the week, ds added tomorrow morning for breakfast to my week and a city church acquaintance has asked to come over to show my apartment to his wife. They are thinking of down sizing. That will be Thursday afternoon. While adding that to the online calendar, I noted dd had a mid-wife appointment this afternoon so emailed her to see if she needed a sitter or if they were planning to go as a family. Turns out dsil will skip this one and babysit and she'll scout out the new location (the office used to be a half block from their home but is now a bus ride away) to see if dgs will be happy there. He's recently started to refuse to leave the family doctor's waiting room and led me back to the main lobby of the hospital when I had him walking before his last appointment there!

Then as I decided to delete 50 emails (in order to work toward my in-box zero goal for the week) I found an open email confirming I have to audit pastoral charge books at 11:30 tomorrow. (Thankfully it was tomorrow and not yesterday - I had completely forgotten that commitment.)

This morning's email just had one from W&R saying they have managed to get out of their lease and are now searching for a larger place to live away from crazy neighbours. So I emailed them back with links to the bed bug registry and the police crime map. I don't know if I'll be seeing them tonight or not.

Now it is time for me to have breakfast, get dressed and then start in on getting the apartment to be viewed on Thursday. It is clean but the paperwork is really messy and overwhelming. I will probably put on a preaching podcast while working because I can't forget I have another service this weekend. I'm pretty busy the rest of the week, only Saturday is completely free.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:48 am

Back from appointment #1 with dh's orthopedist this morning. He now has reverse shoulder replacement surgery scheduled for August 2nd. I reminded him later that that probably puts his pre-op work smack dab in the middle of our anniversary,7/26, and going 'home' for my class reunion 7/28. Hopefully it will all work out just fine.

Have a follow up appointment at 11:30 with the surgeon who saw him in the hospital last month when he had the intestinal blockage.
Yesterday he spent over 8 hours on his feet at a nearby intersection while hazmat cleaned up a bad accident. Needless to say he was very tired.

Just emailed tonight's council minutes to the church secretary. For some reason I can't get my printer to work today -was fine last night. :evil:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:52 am

hello hello - waving back too
I have to head out the door soon - wishing you all a great week!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:55 am

I have dumped the trash and it is at the curb now. I have been loading things in the jeep to be donated so when it warms up a bit I will take that down. This might be a daily occurance for a while. H thinks I can load stuff in the truck but those are two person items. I dare not attempt alone ir risk hurting myself.

I watered the hens. When I was out doing the trash they were rattling their water bucket it was too dark to check when I was first out this morning. I for got to check it in the evening.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 am

~~~~waving Hi to all~~~~~

I had a glorious much needed 9 hour 14 minute night of restful sleep. This raises my weekly sleep average up to 7 hours 3 minutes so I am feeling relieved and thankful for that.

My Ta-DA's so far today -
** Kitchen opened (coffee & tea made, DW emptied, counters cleared, Alexa providing background music)
** Laundry daily load started
** Sprinkler moved and started on baby grass seedlings
** Checked on Kathryn & Ken's travelogue (yes, I know Kathryn isn't in Africa but I feel it is a joint effort because of the support she provides Ken)
** Swimming pool dailies done (filter replaced, chemicals checked, trash emptied)
** texting with DD. She is working another double shift today - 9am to 2am. DGD7 will be here.
** Trash day (DH has already gathered and put trash out)
** Watched the video feed of last night debate in our state house upcoming election.
** Watered flowers and plants on the front porch

today's plans & projects =
** Homeschool
** Project - Living room deep clean. Removed 2 of the couch pillow covers and wash them. Hoping they will go back on afterward being washed.
** Project - Vegetable garden - Fill Earthbox #3 with soil. Add lime and fertilizer. Mix well. Plant banana pepper seedling and tomato seeds.
** 1:30 take DS9 and DGD7 to weekly summer library program held at the school.
** 3:00 DH to Dr W appt
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:45 am

Good morning! I got a lot done yesterday: two short errands, bills and budget, animal org minutes and notes, and online tasks. The latter includes things like meds reorder and library recheck. What it did NOT include was computer jigsaws - I successfully avoided them!

However, I lost a lot of time to a phone call with the friend who has the dangerous x boyfriend and the cat. I was unable to convince her to let me come get him. She claims he loves the cat. Well, he also "loves" her and two other women with restraining orders! We talked about her dreams of when she gets back on her feet. One is a specific cabin in the woods. Not a bad goal EXCEPT that her plan to obtain it includes finding a man "like B" to go in on the "investment". According to her, she needs someone like B because he has handyman skills. However, her description of them was that he is unmotivated and took forever to get things done AND wasn't very skilled just sort of. Really, she described him as "sort of a handyman". B is also the guy who tried to strangle her. I am sure his handyman skills would be sufficient to build something to hide her body! I'm thinking new deck or hot tub. Her financial picture is bleak, but I hardly think it improved while she was supporting the also unemployed B, replacing the things he broke when he got violent, and paying the medical bills incurred when he tried to strangle her! (Harmony: it was not the cat he tried to strangle, but my friend).

While at N's place over the weekend, I met another of her friends who is being controlled by her x husband. Are all single women my age morons? (Question for self: Am I a moron? I may be avoiding men, but is my career path on track?) I told them, "Ladies our age have to be MORE picky not less. We don't have time to mess around with turkeys!" They just laughed at my use of the term ladies instead of women. Well, all female humans are women, to be a lady is an accomplishment!

Tonight's plan is Girls' Night Out with DD16. I have no idea what I am feeding her as usual. I do know that her plan for the amusement park won't happen, because it closes at 6. I need to do things around the house to be ready for the post-surgical lifting limitations. At minimum, I would like to get the bed stripped and remade and clean the bathroom. At payroll, I will be testing a query and MUST enter my time in the payroll system. I would like to get paid!

Return to “Post When You Can”