Tuesday Ta Dah!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Tuesday Ta Dah!

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 am

Oh Wow, Elizabeth! Strangling anything is just awful. Is your friend lacking common sense or self-esteem or both?

Twins, you have a very busy day planned!

I had a lot of desk chores to do and those are done. Now I have to write 4 first-time visitor letters for the church. I was hoping for less because of my hand, but I will do them slowly.

Woke up with my hand curled up and underneath my head (a usual position) and that surely didn't feel good. I don't know if that's what woke me or the sunlight coming through the window.

I better get to those letters so I can catch the mail lady today. I had to go into a county search site and look at street addresses and figure out 2 because I couldn't read the handwriting. It's unbelievable how bad people's handwriting is.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:25 am

Off to get dressed.

Obviously, my day went downhill! On the other hand, I've done some emails for W&R to start them looking for a new place.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 pm

I had gotten a load of donations delivered in the jeep. Going to load toys for the next load. I put parts and pieces together and bagged them up and they are out the door. I am still bringing things up from the basement when I go down to do laundry or check on the freezer defrost progress. Closed the door overnite so I did not wake up to a mess yea! It is 90% thawed out.

The living room desk is staying clutterfree. So happy about that. Kitchen is better and the dining table. It us really helping having a zone focus each day to start out with one or two rounds.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:23 pm

I'm dressed. I spent far too long learning from youtube how to tie a hijab. I don't have any pashmina that looks good with what I wanted to wear (full length skirt, long sleeve, high neck top) but I will bring what I have and if my hair needs to be covered we can use that or one of the women's pashminas. It is hot. It also occurs to me no outside the family males will be there so the women may not be wearing their hijabs. We'll see, at least I'll be prepared with a hair brush, clips, and my buff which I can use to hold back my bangs and keep the hijab from sliding on my hair.

Next up, some data entry.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:06 pm

TA-Da's
** Math homeschool completed with both DS9 and DGD7. Life lessons discussed and hopefully learned about taking breaks from doing hard mental work when your brain is tired and bounce on the trampoline a few minutes then returning to your mental work.
** DS9 and DGD7 are walking the one mile to school to eat lunch. Then they will walk back home. They have walked this route many times with me. DD announced that DGD7 will be walking to and from school by herself this year so I want this route well practiced this summer before DGD7 walks it alone.
** Pillow covers and the arm rest covers on the living room loveseat are washed and back on. I am relieved they are clean without any damage.
** The laptop used by the kids to do their homeschool is updating. It has taken over 2 hours and is still not done.
** Instant Pot is filled with chickpeas. I am experimenting with adding dried vegetables that has been ground to fine powder. I've never used these dehydrated vegetables before so am seeking ways to incorporate them into recipes. I am testing with dehydrated bell peppersand dehydrated spinach. . I probably should have looked up recipes from others before I attempted this but I sorta like the feeling of being creative and trying the unknown. At least I like that feeling until it fails! LOL
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Home again. We had a great walk this morning.

Ta Dahs!
-9700 steps today
-dropped off the stuffed animals and some bed linens and towels to use in animal rehab
-visited dmom
-gassed up the car

Need to regroup next instead of goofing off....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:07 pm

I am running out of steam but have the jeep loaded with the next load. Had lunch sat down to take a breather break time is over I need to get back at it. Still working on the basement. Toys are out the door yea!

Waving to every one.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Nancy, you are doing great! Remember to take the breaks you need and to drink water!

I've been sorting through papers to line up the paperwork to-dos.

Found a bill that didn't get open. Held my breath as I unfolded it. Due date is today! Said a quick prayer of thanks.

I've done some scanning for church as well. I need to pull out my church audit file so I have it for tomorrow. I can put away my church closing file now that all the papers are sorted. So there's progress even if there are still papers everywhere. At least this time if I have to stash and dash for Thursday, I'll know nothing has fallen through the cracks.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:17 pm

I don't really have any ta-da's yet. First day "off" from Nana-duty in quite a few days -- and they will be arriving later anyway -- DGD around 5:00, DGS around 6:30. I'm really not doing much at all right now.

I guess my ta-da's would be DPCs... and they are more of a stupidity event rather than a ta-da.
:arrow: First one was sensible -- called dh's arthritis supplement people to slow down shipments -- he's over-stocked right now.
:arrow: Second one -- stupidity. I got a promise of a $50 gift card to Wmart if I accepted a "Value Package" something when I transferred Sirius satellite radio to the new car. Well, I am bound and determined to get that $50. * sheesh *
So yesterday, I got a card to call this number to get the gift card. Did that. I will still have to cancel the value package when it arrives or I'll be billed $24.95 monthly.
THEN they offered me ANOTHER $50 gift card if I accepted three free issues of magazines... so I did that too. I mean, $100 for four phone calls, I'm thinking -- b/c I'll have to call and cancel THOSE magazines too. * sheesh * I feel kinda stupid, but OTOH, dmom agreed that she had worked a lot harder for $100 in her day... so maybe I haven't signed up for a life sentence with these people. :roll: :oops:
:arrow: Third & fourth phone calls were not "dreaded" OR stupid -- just back & forth with dmom and ds, dmom had no real issues at all, ds had to schedule our time for the afternoon. He will be leaving again after t-ball practice, and ddil will be at class tonight.

:arrow: And then the post office, another stupidity move on my part (with encouragement from ds & ddil)...
Remember that Bible I was ordering for dmom to give dgs for his birthday? Well, it arrived, and I was so excited about it,
and THEN as dh immediately pointed out, it is NOT Just Like Mine... it is Nothing Like Mine... and dgs will be disappointed.
So I've got approx $70 of dmom's money in this, which I have already paid myself back, so if I return it, it goes to the credit card and I have to pay dmom BACK the $70... but dh is adamant that we can give him this Bible if we want to but we ARE going to get him a Bible that is Just Like Mine.
DH is right; dgs rarely ever ask for anything. (He put on his Santa letter to bring his little sister some books, and he is saving his clean-up money from his dmom to buy her a birthday present "but keep it a secret" he said.) So... he IS getting a Bible that is Just Like Mine.
DH advises to GO TO THE STORE and LOOK at the Bible in person. DO NOT order ANYTHING ELSE.
* sheesh *

So mostly, I have just spent $$$ in stupid ways today.

I'm going to go change the sheets and get started with routines. Maybe I'll feel more sensible then.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:47 pm

I have delivered that load of donations. Yea me. My friend was very excited to get more yarn for an afghan she is making for her dgson. Chrochet thread I got for weaving. She dIes thread workband high loft quilt batting. Thecrest was toys and kid furniture, some went to the trading post, rest went to the thrift shop.

Washer is going. Freezer is done defrosting and back in operation now.

I can measure my progress by the amount of empty totes I have in various rooms. :mrgreen:

Thank you for water reminder. I had tea earlier as well.

Return to “Post When You Can”