Wednesday Wanna Get it Done!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Wednesday Wanna Get it Done!

Postby lucylee » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Harmony & LadyM -- Waving to you two, also!!! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi Lucylee. Kids sound adorable!

Kathryn, a temperature regulator? Something like that anyway.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZABETH!

Wow, Sunny I lost track that your anniversary is your 50th! Real congratulations for that. Thanks for straightening me out on the date. I checked our member list here and they have it correct. I copy my names/dates from one year's calendar to the next and it beats me how I get things wrong occasionally. I did go out and change it.

Is Dee missing today?

Lucylee, the rule about hedge trimming: trim them so the bottoms parts are bigger, wider than the top parts. Kind of at an angle instead of straight up and down. The bushy stuff at the top shades the sun from the bottom part and will keep the bottoms from greening and growing the same as the tops. I've seen hedges that are all brown and dead looking at the bottoms and top heavy and green at the tops.

Course, that's easier said than done. Especially in the heat. Mine aren't trimmed at all, just a bushy bunch of green twigs. They need to get a bit bigger before I think about trimming.

We have a hot water tank now. Couple who does most of our plumbing came and left to get more parts and installed for us. They never charge us much for anything personal because we call them all the time for work jobs. DH said I should have written the check for a bit more, and I'm sorry I didn't think of it. They came here first before going to a couple other big jobs. Nice. One was a whole batch of units somewhere currently without water. :o It's nice to have hot water again. And I need to wash my hair.

Harriet, glad you were happy with your a/c work. Maybe he wanted you to look into face book so perhaps you would write something nice to tip the scales a bit more?

Twins, I'll just bet your picture is beautiful!

DH is at friend's with the suv. Working on the speedometer. (well the odometer). Maybe after 10 years I will have that working again!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 pm

Lucylee, I was writing up my analysis of the records and research plan to prove the father of an individual as my 25 June assignment to turn in. Since I got the answer, I'm wondering if in good faith I should complete the report and turn it in. The answer came from something I just ran across on Ancestry. I don't think I would have ever included searching for a pension file based on the mother's first husband's Rev war service in my plan. On second thought I might continue with what I'm doing and turn it in anyway, letting the group know where the answer was.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi!

It is extremely windy here today. It did actually rain, but it lasted less than 10 minutes and added almost nothing to our water tanks.

Supper tonight was going to be hamburgers, but I switched it to hamburger "helper" sort of. I had some fresh snow peas from the garden and the hamburger was defrosted, so I added 2 boxes of macaroni and cheese and mixed it all together.

Happy birthday Elizabeth.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:13 pm

Thanks for the atta girls and comments I appreciate them. I have more laindry going in the dryer.

H. Took donations he loaded yesterday by after work todau one place is half mi. From his work so that is handy. And the othef place is not too much further.

At the knitting group they told me if a yd. Sale fund raister at the community center for seniors were wanting donations so they got things I had loaded up today it is good to spread it around I think.

I have payroll tomorrow morning for a couple of hours.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Elizabeth - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and hoping your surgery went well today.

I have played with several different arraignments of the living room window curtains. I am using 3 colors and am pleased with the arraignment. DH is encouraging me to do similar window treatment in the other rooms of the house that have window blinds.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Harmony: it is a brass thingy that sits inside the tap (my tub has separate hot and cold taps and a spigot as opposed to a single lever or knob that mixes the water.) When you turn the tap, it moves out to allow water into the spigot and when you tighten it, it has a washer that seals and stops the dripping. Except my washer was worn out and so was the metal around the edges so it was letting in more water than it should have as soon as the washer was disengaged and because the washer was worn, when it was engaged there was no tight seal.

I had my leftovers from last night for dinner plus some fruit. Ds showed up early. He decided to skip class tonight because he is ahead on his project and was still waking up and not feeling like going to school.

He spent an hour telling me about the business advise meeting this morning and really felt it was worth staying up after an overnight shift because he learned a lot.

I've done nothing since getting home around 2:30 which is not a good thing.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Harmony, I think that is why they look so bad now -- the top part had shaded the bottom too much maybe ? and they were just dead, behind the outer leaves. And they are definitely top heavy NOW, but they weren't before -- they were just HUGE balls of prickly holly. I mean, HUGE... Our porch is up 3 or 4 brick steps, and has a wooden rail around it, and these bushes were/are as high as the rail. Maybe a bit higher. I would like for them to be even with the floor of the porch, NOT hiding the rail. There is just no telling WHAT they will look like if and when they fill in after the chainsaw massacre they suffered yesterday.

Interestingly, the ones on the east side are not out of control like the ones on the west. The house faces north with a sidewalk running straight north from the center of the porch, and there is a large hickory tree in front on the (north) east side of the porch. There used to be another matching tree on the north west side, but it fell in a storm years ago and was never replaced. So the shrubs on the west side of the sidewalk get a LOT more sun than the others. I would have thought that would cause them to dry up faster and die, because I NEVER water them -- but noooo... they are just growing by leaps and bounds.

At least we have a long driveway and it is not so noticeable from the road.

Dmom said I might ought to fertilize and water them after the damage I may have done. I said, "Are you kidding??? I'm not fertilizing these things!"
Good gracious... that'd be like feeding Godzilla... :roll:

I see what you mean, Twins -- it's like this search was "too" easy, in a way, right? I'd definitely just continue and then tell them all how it turned out.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 pm

Father Day's gifts found and ordered. They should arrive on Friday. DS9 knew exactly what he wanted to buy for DH so it was just the matter of finding it. Choosing something for Father's Day gifts for the children to do at church on Sunday was much harder to decide. Because the ratio of children/teacher is high and their young age (mostly 3 year olds) it has to be SUPER simple to do. I settled on buying a large bag of "Dad's" root beer candy and we will decorate cups then fill them with the Dad candy. I am not feeling creative at all.....but at least it is something for the children to give to the Dad's in their life.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 pm

LM I love that idea.

I have been cutting up of jeans rescuing the fabric from them for furure fun projects. Cut market bags from old tee shirts to seam the bottom up.

I have been writing down the area decluttered and that I took 1 or two loads of donations on the calandar in my planner. I realized how much progress we made looking at that and I needed a rest day also.

Return to “Post When You Can”