Friday Fifty

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Friday Fifty

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:56 am

Celebrating Sunny & DH 50th Wedding Anniversary today!

WOW! That is a huge accomplishment and joy!!

Can you name something you have done 50 times? Big or small.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Friday Fifty

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:11 am

My 50 things -
* I have posted here 50 times.
* I have had 50 birthday's
* I have drunk 50 ounces

This is harder than I thought. Maybe my creative mind hasn't woke up yet.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:21 am

Just pulling into Montreal all. I am still having fun!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:47 am

Happy Anniversary to the Sunnys!

Travelers, stay safe!

Recuperators, restrain your exuberance!

We will be in for at least one more HVAC day around here. dd is here through the morning. I have a load of laundry waiting for her shower to finish.

I expect HRH and a friend to be coming by the house after they go to lunch today. HRH wants to keep an eye on the work happening.

50s
Workouts are something I tend to measure by 50s :) either through the year, or two years if they are every-other-day, or by 50-mins for some.

Just had an addition to info in J and C.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 am

WTG! 50 for Sunny & dh.

I have sheets in the dryer and the washer just finished. I loaded donations to go when I pick up my meds.

Got the m. Bedroom reclaimed surfaces are great yea for progress. H. Had his next up stuff oiut for purging when he gets off. H. Will deliver what I loaded yesterday. We were both weary and peckish last night.

Did not sleep well, was up at 2 with a hot flash, worring over some jewelry making supplies I was not ready to let go of, then just told my self it was ok to hang on to them and not stress about it, not a lot, less than half of a shoe box. I was also thinking of all the surfaces that needed attn. Ack! One at a time one round at a time one room at a time. Then I was able to get back to sleep. Sigh. H. Vetoed the storage unit option. Gr-r!

I retreated last night to the sewing cave and made two more market bags for decluttering. That helped me to refocus. I enjoy getting to a surface 1st thing in the morning. It makes me feel productive.

I need a plan for dinner. Journal & planning done. I need to set the timer and reclaim the dining table. And then go through a basket, and tote of toys so they can go out in this load.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 am

At the park. We had a snack at McDonald's because mommy was in the mood for food, a rare occurrence. Then we took the subway and walked to this park which is near a 'destination' mothering store.

It is a great park so dgs is very happy.

Nana is resting.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:58 am

Hi!

Decided that Friday is the day to finish something. I have dishes in the sink waiting to get finished.

Before that I sat out in the backyard and enjoyed the sunshine with no wind.

Saw a message on FB from dh to look for his truck key. I can't find it.

Tonight is BBQ hamburgers and some sort of salad.

I want to cut the grass, but the tractor needs gas, so I will ask dh to fill it when he gets home for lunch.

What have I done 50 times? Hmmm... I think I've taken 50 strawberries out of the garden this year already.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Cathy, I don't have my first tomato yet. I bet I have 50 cherry tomatoes in process though.

I feel like I have been run ragged this a.m. I was to show dmom's house to the potential buyer's nephew who is a realtor. Then potential buyer called and said he would be there also and would I have time to talk to him after? So I was freaking out about talking to him and got coaching from dh via phone on the way down there. Then only the realtor guy came to see it, and he said PB guy had said he didn't need to see it again and had his attorney at his house next door and was trying to get away to go to Atlanta soon. So I assumed PB didn't have time to talk and left. About 10 min later he called and he did want to see it, and had a guy with him who also wanted to see it. (PB didn't introduce this guy as his attorney, but I assume he was and didn't let on that I knew that.) So I went back there and let them walk through again. The upside is that I picked some nice oakleaf hydrangeas for a bouquet while I was there. But PB did say he hoped to have an offer for us by the end of next week.

After I went to dry cleaners and dropped off for dh. :shock:

I feel like taking the rest of the day off now. I had set a goal of having a draft of the assignment for the 25th and a draft of the outline and powerpoint for the presentation on the 23rd at the end of this week but I just haven't had time to work on it.

On the upside, thanks to Lucylee's reminder in J&C yesterday, I realized that I have:
-shown dmom's house to potential buyer
-had a professional photo made to put on the APG website (those on facebook have seen it) complete with makeup and hair sprayed to not wilt in heat
-designed and ordered business cards with biz logo so I will have for the presentation on the 23rd
-did a significant amount of work on both reports
-found proof of relationship between father and daughter, one step closer to DAR proof for client-friend (Only one generation to go, and I need applications from DAR library in July to connect the guy with his patriot father. Other siblings have qualified, so I'm hopeful there will be something in the library that helps me connect their sib.)
-took a hand lettering course
-stamping and lunch with a friend to catch up with her
-long walk (almost an hour) with dfriend M at nature park to walk and talk

So I shouldn't belittle what I have done this week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Hello Lady M, Harriet, Kathryn, Nancy, Cathy & Twins' Mom!

Thank you, Lady M and all for the anniversary wishes. Dh and I can hardly believe that it has been this many years gone by so quickly. So far today has been normal routines; I think we are going to go out for lunch.

Enjoy your outing with dd and dgs today, Kathryn.

Twins' Mom, you always get so much more done each day than I do! And Nancy, I believe you are ahead of me getting ready for a move!

50 things...
Made my bed 50 days in a row.
Posted 50 days on MFP.
Brushed the dog 50 times.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Happy 50th anniversary to Sunny and her dh!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”