Saturday in the School of Hard Knocks

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Saturday in the School of Hard Knocks

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Lunch is over, h is doing desk day cleaning it off so we can trade it out for smaller one. Got that one In h said it wsd 5 hr. Job h. Is put the office supplies in the other smaller desk now.

I need to do put things in bags. Then load them up to be delivered. Old papers are to be burned or shreaded. But it is raining and that is for another day. Ack what a job. H did mention the need for a storage shed at some point. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:10 pm

I got in a long deep Saturday nap, I am considering it resting on Shabbat. I've worked some on my presentation and am working on some of my DNA stuff now.

Dh and I are going to a movie, I think Ocean's 8 and then will probably eat out. He's bored, of course, but wouldn't make a recommendation as far as what he wanted to do. I was fine at home piddling around but he's not, so I finally got him to commit to something he wanted to do.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:19 pm

H was tired and short so I took the opportunity to take a short walk around the block with the umbrella. That helped he had a coffee break.

I dug out the dining room two times today. Got the hall way cleared out also.

Got the donations loaded in the car trunk from the office decluttering.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:29 pm

HRH's sister and mother came to visit. The yard was just mowed, which was nice, but that was as prepared as we were because we still don't have house put back together from installation.

Report sent in at about the time I'd hoped, and the filing from that done. Nice to have that off my mind.

Movies - dd saw the second Incredibles and couldn't stop talking about it - loved it.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:07 pm

Hello again everyone. It sure was a hot day, temps in the low 90s and will still be in the upper 70s overnight. We did have a short thunderstorm this afternoon.

(((Lady M))).

Thank you again for all the anniversary wishes. We did enjoy our quiet day. We were going to have lunch at Cracker Barrel, but I found a gift card for Applebee's, which is closer only 1/2 mile from home. We haven't been there in a long time.

I did get all my weekly cleaning done on Wednesday and Thursday, so I had easy days yesterday and today. I can't do it all in one day like I used to, so spreading the cleaning over two or three days works well.

Dson#2 called and said he would be over tomorrow to mow and trim the yard.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:50 pm

I have been working on getting the kitchen back in order, I got back on track with the evening rountine. Laundry is in the dryer.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:00 am

I haven’t posted... apparently I never learn?
Just a normal Saturday around here —thought I’d just pop in and wave to everyone! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”