Torn apart Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Torn apart Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Lilac, I had wondered about you also! We were in Nash-vegas (as some call it here) I think the same week you were there, only overnight for me, however. I went on Friday a.m. and researched at the state library and archives, dh and I had dinner that evening, and spent the night, and he came back in the morning while I had another day of research.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi Lilac!

I cleaned all day. House looks terrific. I just washed 6 chairs and table and hosed them and the back porch floor. Everything's ready for our company tomorrow except for food and I am going off to the supermarket to figure that out. Food for two hungry teenage boys and a picky little girl and 2 adults who do little or no carbs. And DH who will eat anything if it doesn't have sour cream on it!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:11 pm

I decided to do some of the blankets while dh was at work today. I forgot to turn on the dryer this morning after I put the first blanket into the dryer. It's now drying. Dishwasher is full and running. I have a lot of dirty pots and pans and other stuff that I don't put into the dishwasher that needs to be done.

Nice to see Lilac again.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:22 pm

Twins, I can see why they call it Nash-Vegas, people everywhere. There were hockey play off games on Thursday night and Saturday afternoon. Downtown was packed and parking hard to find. We had a good time but I seriously doubt we will make that trip again. Too many other places we want to see.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Yes Nash-Vegas. :lol: The night we were there was Friday, between the hockey games. The streets were so crowded and noisy I was on edge walking to dinner. (this was after a long day at a library where it was oh so quiet) The hotel where we stayed had ear plugs in case the street noise outside was too much. (I used my own, which I travel with.) Lobby was teeming w people and coolers when we got back there late after a quiet dinner.

We’ll be there tomorrow night to see Paul Simon, too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Imagine my surprise when I turned on the computer and read today's posts. I have felt sad and many more emotions about this today. I have never thought of this Village as strictly United States, more international since we have members from all across the world. I have not been happy with the direction some of our country's leaders have taken in a long, long time. However, I can only hope that the every-day common citizen would not do what the leaders have done. I realize that each country has it's own agenda and policies, but not every citizen agrees with these points of view. I would not ever begin to condone much less do what has been done to other people. I agree with Rose who said she cannot change the world or it's leaders. I can only manage my own little world and do what I can to take care of my home and my dfamily.

I do my best to avoid confrontations, so I try not to discuss politics or religion here. And I tend to keep my opinions to myself as I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I learned the golden rule as a little girl and try to live by it.

I have experienced political division in my own dfamily. And each of my dsons and their families have their own views, but for the most part we do not discuss much. There is no changing anybody's mind.

I'm probably not making much sense, but I have been sick with tummy pain and upset stomach since Sunday. I did not even turn on the computer yesterday, but spent the time in bed napping, not even feeling like reading. I did nothing, but let dh take care of me. I consider you all my dfriends and would miss very much coming here to visit with you all. Lilac, it was nice to hear from you today. I have thought of you often.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Hello to Sunny!!!!

Well... t-ball was... as ds said, could have been worse. :lol:
DGS got three pretty good hits, (it's good that you get five strikes in t-ball) -- but when he was in the field (left field) , he spent 99% of his time squatting down, playing in the dirt, and actually facing center field, or totally with his BACK to the field! Oh my.... at first, he was the only one acting like that, but as the game wore on, as dh said, it spread like a cancer, and at least two little girls joined in in the scratching in the dirt fun. And going on and off the field, he just sorta ambles along. (Nobody's going to nickname this kid Charley Hustle anytime soon.)
He also refused to wear a helmet -- probably b/c he doesn't have one of his own -- ds said they would be getting him one. (DS couldn't remember if they wore them in t-ball or not.) I asked ds if he needed cleats, and ds said, "Does he LOOK like cleats would be a wise investment???" LOL... Some of the kids wore cleats and some did not, so I don't guess that is a requirement.
Oh well... may be a long 6-8 weeks. OTOH -- his team is kinda stacked. We won this practice game 20-3, I think. (DH was trying to keep up with the score in his head.)
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:06 pm

I came to the computer to research with minimal information. The result I needed was the name of the person who died and will have a funeral at our church on Friday. I needed the name so DH can order flowers from the church. But how to order flowers when you don't know the name of the deceased? The only information I had was -
** funeral is on Friday at our church
** the name of the funeral home
** he is friends with "the guy with 2 little boys that attends our church". uhummmm that clue narrows it down to a couple dozen people?

I think I found the name of the deceased. I hope. I guess worse case is we send flowers to the wrong person. We have talked to our pastor 4 times today but he doesn't know the name of the deceased either.....yet. That may seem odd but I don't think anyone has said our church was "normal". We seem to attract those who don't fit in other places.

DSIL surgery has been postponed. They deemed it too risky. Will reevaluate in the morning.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 pm

(((Hugs))) to all who need them.
Got the last load in the washer, folded the first dry load and got it put away. Got the photos I rounded up and with the others.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:22 pm

That is strange, LadyM, but I think you're fairly safe -- I mean, how many funerals can your church be hosting on Friday? If the flowers go from the right funeral home to the right church, they've got to be with the right person! :) And it is wonderful that your church is showing this consideration, even if the deceased was not a particularly active or well-known member.
Continued thoughts and prayers for your dsil.

All my laundry is done too, Nancy! Woo hoo!!!
OH C*R*A*P... you said FOLDED AND PUT AWAY????
Never mind. My laundry is NOT done after all. * sigh *

DS and dgrands just left; they ate supper (McD's) here and stayed till ddil got home from school.

Well... off to fold and put away... Hope to see you all tomorrow! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”