World Wide SHEs on Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

World Wide SHEs on Wednesday

Postby CathyS » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:43 am

Hi!

I was up before the birds and now I know that they start chirping as soon as the sky starts to get light. Sun rise isn't until (?) but I laid in bed and watched as trees started to take shape out of the pure darkness of 3:30 a.m. when I got up to use the washroom.

Here's hoping that today is a better and less stressful day than yesterday.

We are having perch for supper. I don't know how dh will be cooking it. I have 1 stitching group today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Re: World Wide SHEs on Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:29 am

So glad we're still here this morning.

I have (another) busy day. I need this place to write things down, think things out.

-pick up meds for ddog
-buy two additional pillows and towels for guest bedroom (I feel like a super consumer needing to do this, but the white towels have stuff that never came out when kids lived here, and the pillows are pitiful.)
-continue to spiff up house
-change sheets on our bed, dd will sleep there tonight
-finish handout of saturday presentation so it can be copied?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:57 am

When dh got up to have a shower, I went back to bed and slept until the 7 a.m. alarm went off. Then I slept until the 7:45 alarm went off. I have 1 hour to get to the stitch group. Sitting here having strawberries from my garden that I picked last night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:01 am

And....right now:
-walk the ddog
-breakfast and meds
-head out to pick up meds and buy pillow/towels at Tar-jay?

Original list, edited:
-pick up meds for ddog
-buy two additional pillows and towels for guest bedroom (I feel like a super consumer needing to do this, but the white towels have stuff that never came out when kids lived here, and the pillows are pitiful.)
-continue to spiff up house
-change sheets on our bed, dd will sleep there tonight, put sheets in washer/dryer
-refill meds containers
-pack for overnight in Nash-vegas
-finish handout of saturday presentation so it can be copied?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:06 am

Good Morning! I am thankful to have this place to come to this morning.

I need this place to write things down, think things out.

Me too!

Before daybreak this morning.....
** texting with DD giving words of encouragement (I hope). She is past exhausted and the stress is getting to her.
** DSis called before she went to work.
** DGD7 woke up with a bloody nose so there was her to clean up, the trail on the floor, and the bed.
** I fell down the steps on the front porch and landed in a heap. Thankfully I wasn't hurt.

Who knows what adventures the rest of the day will hold?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:28 am

Must say I'm confused as to the "wondering if the board will still be here". Since I only have intermittent and very short lived internet I can't really cuop. Just sayin' whatever is going on, I'm here for the long haul. Have a good day to all of you.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:58 am

PM to LadyM!

I am finally heading out. I stripped the bed also and got sheets into the washer.

cats

Postby cats » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 am

Good morning. As much as I rather still be in bed I do have to get moving
Today I have an early morning doctor appointment
Then need to come home and figure out what needs to be done which is a whole lot around here
But up first is breakfast
Wishing everyone a very good day
And lots of hugs to all that need them

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:33 am

I love the title today thanks Cathy. I to have been grateful to sort things out in my head as I type things here like progress and lists, where to start next. Journal and planning next for me. Hens have been fed.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 am

DGD7 asked me to show her how to do addition and subtraction problems that require the use of regrouping. I am not putting any effort into pushing her to learn new concepts but I also don't want to hold her back when she is interested and eager enough that she seeks information on how to do something. So I sat down with her for about 10 minutes and explained the steps to do regrouping and she immediately understood and was excited to start working on those math worksheets. She has almost finished an entire 2nd-grade workbook this summer. She gets up each morning and that is her second favorite thing to do. Her first favorite thing is the Math Flashcards. I put 20 of the flashcards in a clear container each day for her to study and then I quiz her on them. It is rare that she doesn't get all the flashcards right.....so the next day she gets a new set of 20 flashcards to learn.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”