World Wide SHEs on Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: World Wide SHEs on Wednesday

Postby Harmony » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:59 am

LadyM, wow DGD sounds so smart!

I have cooked up a storm in the kitchen all morning. Just about done, cleaning up. Need to change clothes and get rollers out of hair. Gonna be a busy day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:06 am

So glad dgd's math skills are great, LadyM. I think you've said it's sometimes awkward because ds's math skills aren't as strong.

Home again. I've talked with dd (aimless discussion about everything) and dh (whose highest priority right now is that he can't sign into our joint Amazon account to check on a wedding present he sent a month ago.)

-Move sheets to dryer, start a load of towels
-pull out bag, start pulling together what I need for overnight
-s2s
-deposit a ck in my account (Can do via mobile app)
-treat poor ddog's ears. She won't be happy. Must use first stuff to flush them out and let them drain a bit, then come back with meds for yeast.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:21 am

Harmony... the thought of you in rollars made me smile... thought I was the only one who still does that.

Yesterday I had my facial. When I got home I asked Sweetie to feel my face which he did. Then he said ... your face looks like it’s glowing. Had to laugh; first because he noticed and second because the facial is called “Glow”.

I also did a huge grocery run as the cuboards were bare.i have been avoiding going outside due to the heat and bright sunlight. Sometimes they cause me to have my cluster headaches. Had one Sunday thru Monday night.

I need to venture out today. Need to go to the post office and get my poor toes done. Been a month and they need it.

I have a fun weekend wedding to attend in a few weeks. My high school friend is getting married and I will know many of the people there though I haven’t seen some in more than 50 years. My best friend also from high school, will be sharing the hotel room with me. We fly in Thur afternoon and it will be non-stop activities from then; BBQ Thur night, last minute set up for rehearsal dinner which we volunteered to help Friday,
Friday night rehearsal dinner, brunch Sat morning, wedding that night and fly home Sunday ... phew I’m tired just writing all of that.

Off to start my day. Perry’s on and you know what that means :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:48 am

Found the correct name of the person that will have a funeral at our church on Friday. I had the wrong person. Not that it matters, this person has never attended our church. It is a family member that attends our church and wants to hold his service there. Still don't know if a funeral meal for the family is needed. Will find that out later today.

Texting with DD continues. Their rent is due tomorrow so I will be taking care of that for her. Waiting on account number to deposit the rent into.

DS9 asked, "Can you add Feed the Dogs to my list each day so I can mark it complete?"
I sooooooo understand the desire and satisfaction of seeing items completed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:11 pm

I decluttered one of the kitchen cupboards, now to load them, s2s next up first how ever. Seems slow as molasses today but progress none the less.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Hello! Hello!
I don’t know exactly what I need to do today. Dmom has not called — so that must mean things are okay with her.

Just wanted to check in and wave to everyone!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:17 pm

I am still going. Haven't s2s-ed but will this time.

-s2s
-finish packing, I'll only need a backpack I think for overnight, even with CPAP
-put second stuff in poor Muffin's ears, she is so tolerant of all of this
-water inside plants
-Spent a few minutes on assignment due next Monday

Waving to Lucylee!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:10 pm

I've heard rumblings of thunder a few times today, so I wanted to say Hello! before I had to unplug stuff again. I like today's theme also.

I'm not doing much of anything again today, but I am feeling better. I'm able to eat a little more and no pains in tummy, although still feels tender.

Twins' I feel sorry for dMuffin. Our cocker spaniel, Buddy, used to get sore ears also and I had to clean and treat him often.

Rose, you are not alone in curlers. My hair is straight, but with no body, so I do a perm every 6 months. I set my hair with curlers when I wash it, at least twice a week. Oh, and I just remembered how you said you read at night with a flashlight...When I was growing up our two storey house had three bedrooms and a bathroom off a central hallway. My dmom had a small chest of drawers at the top of the stairs with a small lamp on it. The lamp was kept lit all night. I used to lay in my doorway and read by this light, which was likely either a 25w or 40w bulb at the most. The books were mostly Weekly Reader Bookclub books. Nice memories!

Lady M, so good that dgd7 likes math; it opens up many possibilities in future education. Thinking of your dsil and dd.

Harmony, hope your visit with dfamily goes well.

Also thinking of some who haven't posted and hope all is well!

That's all for now. Time to put my feet up again. Neither dh nor I had much sleep last night.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Waving to all. It is muggy ou,t home from knitting & errands I dropped off donations glad to get those dishes off the counter yea. Thn let em know a pkate was an antuque on the shelf. They were grateful. Truck was in the way but I was not to be detered so I just went arount front they took them! I left early from knitting, got hen food and a couple of things at the store.

Dishes just finished washing themselves. I will unload em in a bit when they cool off.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:51 pm

I took the kids to eat lunch at school and then they spent some time on the playground with friends.

Both children have completed their lists for the day. I don't know how long we will continue to do this, but they are both enjoying having a list to cross things off. They are now playing outside with neighborhood kids. It is hot but they don't care.

I was able to get DD rent paid. It required involving a bank official to approve it since the funds were transferred over the phone but it is now done.

I was scheduled to take DMom to 2 doctor appointments tomorrow. DMom asked today if it would help me if she got someone else to take her tomorrow. I told her if it was possible that I would be grateful. There is much uncertainty of how much support DD will need. So, for the first time in 10 months, DBro is going to take DMom to her medical appointments tomorrow. This clears at least 4 hours from my schedule but better yet is the fact that DBro is getting his strength back and returning to doing normal things. Although he does still wear a mask when in public.

DGD7 has been carrying around Baby Alive doll. Unfortunately, the baby doll's head just came off. DGD7 is in tears over it. I'm going to see if I can find a video how to fix it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”