Thursday Think you can

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Thursday Think you can

Postby Sunny » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Taking a break now. It is hot a muggy here also; mostly cloudy. I wish it would rain.

The kitchen is cleaned up, the floor is swept. The bathrooms and floor mopping will be done tomorrow. I switched the laundry from washer to the dryer and got my hair washed and set in curlers. The big trash can is full and ready to go to the curb after supper.

Next to do....
- write budget out for July
- water plants on front porch
- brush ddog
- fold/put away clothes when dry in an hour
- supper tonight: fish, french fries (baked), veggie

Nice to hear you are recovering well, Elizabeth.

(((Twins')))

I just looked at my hands while typing and noticed no rings...must get them from the bathroom where I took them off when washing my hair.

Hello Harmony.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Was glad to read Sunny is feeling better.

LadyM, don't overdo it on that ankle!

Also glad Elizabeth is doing ok and back to some activities.

I probably did way too much with my wrist. It is a bit sore but not enough that I am concerned.

I am putting my house back together. Moved 1 room back to another, have 3 sheets and lots of pillow cases ready to hang up; dish drainer is emptied. I will have to wait till tomorrow to do blanket and 2 other sets of sheets. Out of hanging space. Did the white stuff first.

Visit with kids was a huge success. I know DD was here to visit with her kids because as she travels more we are less likely to see her much at all. :( Lovely time with grandkids. Boys are all 6'+ (we grow them tall in our family) and big and bulky! They are funny and well adjusted and happy; oldest is working part time and both either gifted or very advanced. Oldest is taking 3 college courses in 11th grade and has his heart set on MIT of all places, astrophysics, so not many make it in there, but anyway he is on a good path. Other GSon has been in gifted classes since early grade school and who knows where that will take him. Hockey and basketball and soccer on top of it all.

DGD also doing well, growing tall, she's a creative crafty type and fun to be around. They discovered my Yahtzee game in the closet which we found was 35+ years old and had score cards from when DD1&2 were little with their names on. :o I will keep those for sure!

Ok, back to work here.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:29 pm

The biggest baddest WTF DPC is done! I can send off my amended tax forms with no changes tonight. On a future break, I will deal with another DPC for pet sitting now that I know I am cleared for vacation. Until then, it's homework time!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:37 pm

I am home.

Visited with dmom and sat with her while she had lunch. She missed her lunch earlier because she was crying out in pain and they didn't want her in pain in the dining room with guests in the building. So she had a late lunch and I kept her company and a couple of the techs that were having lunch sat with us. She thought she was at my sister's house? A nurse from Hospice was there this afternoon to check on her and they are going to try to treat the pain as muscle spasms before trying other diagnoses. We'll see.

Got the rest of the errands done and even dropped off three bags and some misc things at Goodwill. The garage is still a disaster area, tho.

I need to get rolling again.
-put away groceries
-treat ddog's ears, both kinds of stuff, Elizabeth, this should be the WTF. She is actually very compliant, but I know it's unpleasant for her
-sweep and dust the front porch a bit

After this I just need to s2s, I think.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Y'all are all so busy and productive and here I am... just acting like I'm on vacation or something, so far as the house is concerned. :oops:

I did s2s AND wash my hair... then ran errands:
-- post office, paid credit card bill :shock: :cry:
-- drug store
-- dollar store
-- bank

Now I'm just sitting around, waiting on dgrands to get here around 3:30-3:45. DH and DS are going to the ass't living place for a special singing/picnic sort of thing they are having. DDIL has class, and DGS has ball practice at 6:30. So I'll be taking him and dgd to that, and * hoping * it doesn't start pouring down rain! We had a lot of rain last night, and it is going to be spotty for the next day or so.
Oh my goodness -- I do hope it is all gone before the outdoor wedding Saturday, b/c they have NO "plan B"! :shock:

Twins, I think that was nice of the techs to have lunch with you and your dmom. I hope they can relieve the pain she is having soon!
((((Twins))) for being over-extended and overwhelmed. This too shall pass.
(((Hugs))) for ddog.

WTG, Elizabeth! I'm so glad to see you recovering well!

And (((Hugs))) for LadyM with ankle and Harmony with wrist! You two need to follow my example and take it easy for a few days now!

Harmony -- so nice to read about your dgrands. I can't imagine when dgs starts growing up and gets bigger than me... I kinda wish I could just keep him right where he is now for a while -- but I know it's going to be fun to watch him grow up and see where life takes him. DGD too -- but I'd wait to slow her aging down until she is potty-trained and TALKING. Oh me, I'm so impatient...

Y'all were talking about curlers the other day, and Sunny said she has her hair set right now -- I still use electric rollers. Fairly often in the winter; in the summer it just sometimes seems a waste of time b/c when the humidity hits, my hair just does it's own thing anyway. Right now I have it kinda scrunched, but I didn't use any gel on it so it's going to be puffed out Roseanne Roseannadanna style by the time we go to practice. I'll probably have it up in a clip or a ponytail by then. That's how I wear it 90% of the time from May-September at least, LOL!
It is VERY muggy here, too, Nancy.

So glad your cardiologist declared you boring, Dee!!! LOL!!!! You could NEVER be boring to US... but being boring to a doctor; that's wonderful!

I read some in the health thread last night. Oh my goodness -- some of you are doing SOOOO well. Congratulations!!!
I feel overwhelmed there too. I just cannot seem to cut my calories to the numbers y'all were talking about. And lately I can't seem to make myself exercise -- I have one good week and then I apparently take a "vacation" from that, too.
I'll have to practice a little "think I can" in that department, too!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:13 pm

I need to work on not getting myself into the overextended place. I will get through it.

Time for dMuffin's second ear drops, then I am getting in the shower. I am trying to cool down a minute first.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:15 pm

Sigh one of the hens is limping around resting a lot, I have seen them recouperate from this before.

Dinner is done. I still beed to get the dish washer unloaded but I have a horrible case of the I don't wannas. I unlIaded the dishwasher and did after dinner dishes.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 pm

Have been taking care of various family all day. Hardly a chance to check computer. This was my day with both ds' children. With our green-eyed-boy6, you watch Andy Griffith all day, so that was kind of nice instead of some of the televised nuttiness when toddler C chooses.

I thought of LadyM several times as I helped our green-eyed-boy with math printables and found a few that had answer sheets he could look at afterward. He was delighted to check his own work. Snuck a photo over his shoulder, with Tobias sitting above the papers, "observing" his pencil movements, curled into that cat-pillow shape with paws tucked under chest. Titled it "help with math" and sent to ds. By the time ddil picked the children up she'd already seen it, lol.

Tomorrow HRH has a procedure (just dr's office) so that will be my morning at least.

One side of house is HVAC finished. The other side starts in the morning - dd will just have to be here, dressed and on her game very early, to let them in and hopefully answer questions, etc.

Kathryn, a phone conversation with the fellow I'd asked Sunday to call me this week finally happened today and I went straight for the unminced words. He's going to bat for my chance to talk to elders. I had been saying to myself I'd had an "intervention" with the combination of your mention of it in your post tuesday and following posts, so I spoke to him with an urgency that surprised us both, I think.

Main ta-da - The children and I potted up a new hanging basket and put it into the planter they had given me a year or two back. Looks great.

Also dd begged for a Goodwill trip (clothing) and we did that, finding her 3 pairs of slacks for work she just can't afford otherwise on her salary. That worked out well. I found salad plates that blend with mine and an insulated tumbler for HRH.

Also out, a man definitely hit on me, to the point he was asking dd if I was her sister. I'll put that into the optimism column, although I'm also glad we were already walking away at the time. He may have been as delusional as the comment.

Return to “Post When You Can”