Finally Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Finally Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:20 am

It's finally Friday to a busy week. What do you need to do today to wrap up the week? What will make the column come out as a win for the week?

Plan the day, work, the plan!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Finally Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:35 am

I am up early. My dmom had a rough evening with the pain I mentioned yesterday. I think the nurse who saw her yesterday afternoon did not understand the magnitude of the pain and nothing happened yesterday as far as getting a script or treating it. The pain intensified and I spent the evening at assisted living, along with a hospice nurse on call. Finally got enough meds into her that she could sleep - took the assisted living nurse coming over to administer additional locked up meds, then a 9:30 trip to an all night pharmacy by me.

I am heading over there this a.m. early to take the additional meds over (controlled substance, I couldn't leave them with an over night tech.) We also need to see if this pain is coming back today. I think it's diabetic neuropathy from her years as a diabetic.

I missed dinner out with houseguests and I don't know if I'll see them this a.m. I am leaving dh in charge.

Today, if I can, I need to work on presentation tomorrow.

This has reinforced what matters.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:15 am

(Twins' Mom and dmother) diabetic neuropathy can be triggered by diet - maybe find out if her eating has changed or they are including something different or different proportions? I'm so sorry she is hurting.

We'll be at dr's office this a.m. I'm going to take a spiral notebook to write in, plus a book to read. For once kinda hoping some workers/installers would not be on time, lol. That way, we'd be home rather than dd by herself, but she can call us if there are questions.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:30 am

d twins((())) is she on morphine? I am so sorry she is in so much pain!!! praying for her!
I hope today is a much better day!

Best wishes during your day d twins!!!

best wishes at your dr. appointment today d harriet!!!

wishing you both and everyone here a day that is calming and free from stress. Also wishing you all a happy happy day!.

I am not home yet but wanted to say Hello!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:53 am

I am back, and have walked the ddog. Dmom was still sleeping like a baby, I got the meds off my hands so they're there if she needs them when she's up. Holding my breath for today.

bw2, she is on hydrocodone. Last night she had her usual bedtime dose and the usual gabapentin and it didn't touch the pain. She had an additional dose of hydrocodone and also more gabapentin around 8 and it wasn't getting her out of pain. She was trying to rest but still crying out with pain loudly and often.

Today I need to complete the powerpoint and do note cards for my presentation tomorrow a.m. As I said yesterday, I think it's a mistake to be doing it because it's taking focus from things that matter more.

Dh has gone to his Rotary meeting and will be back after the meeting. Houseguests are awake, I can hear them talking but haven't been downstairs. I didn't see them last night when I came home.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:32 am

((((Twins))))

I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. This is my second night this week of only sleeping 4 hours. I really need a long restful night of sleep to happen ASAP.

I switched my floor care routine and I am liking the results. Instead of using a microfiber cloth to sweep the floor, I am using a canister vacuum that I carry around using a shoulder strap (making it very mobile). Instead of using the spin mop, I am using a microfiber mop and a spray bottle. I vacuum & mop about 90% of my floors every day and these changes have made a huge improvement in how long it takes. And my floors are shinier now. Win-Win!

I miss Kathryn. #JS
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:40 am

I'm "on" but who knows for how long!
This is my second night this week of only sleeping 4 hours. I really need a long restful night of sleep to happen ASAP.
I certainly hear you there, LadyM. I'm missing some people too that have been MIA for however long.

I'm thinking of ordering a range extender booster to see if that might help with my internet problem. I'm certainly doing a lot of 'waiting and wasting' of time on here just trying to get on or to get to a site. Have to remember to 'copy' my text here often before I try to submit. Service is tremendously intermittent. Almost afraid to try any financial transaction or orders.

Accomplished a lot this morning. Now it's time to straighten my table. Off I go. Wishing you well the HAVC, Harriet.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:40 am

Twins, Aw sorry about your DMother.

LadyM, I don't find a spin mop a very good cleaner. Our microfiber sh-mopp seems to do better job.

I have my dailies done, LOL spinning, bills paid, sheets brought in and folded from yesterday, little sweeper run around the house. I just usually do that and then spot damp spin mop any spots. I do whole floor with a whole house cleaning. It's all I have time for.

Looks like rain coming. I need to get Rx today but first need to take DH up the interstate so he can bring back his truck to work on the interior fire damage. Does not sound like fun.

My wrist is sore today.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:45 am

Good news I have seen the clutter stay away in m bedroom this week yea!
Got the kit spiff done. Rounded up laundry that needs to be started.
Will vacuum basement start clothes, and thing about what is needed for groc. Store run. Rock painting has been my reward seems to be a great motivator!

Hear a talk anout how humor helps! H. Drove by in the work mixer truck with a load of concrete for folks up the street ddog & I went to the window to watch him go by waved and blew kisses.

Thinking of you all today as I go about my tasks. TV is off! Yea me.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:51 am

Can't believe we're already home, good to go.

Thanks for saying "hey", blessed.

Work still ongoing here. Just took some ice water around to each.

Dee, I'm sorry you are technically detoured!

Hope everyone with bruises and aches is better soon - Elizabeth, Harmony, LadyM.

lol, Nancy, your clutter report sounded as if you were reporting the rare sighting of a rainbow or unusual critter or something. Awwww... the image of you and ddog blowing kisses.

Dove! Hey, girl! :D

Return to “Post When You Can”