Achievable Saturday June 23, 2018

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Achievable Saturday June 23, 2018

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:04 pm

I missed you too d Lady!!!!!!!!!!

I am so truly happy to be back!!!

hello to each and everyone sweet everyone!!!

I washed the floor in the kitchen after some heavy duty vacuuming and same with the dining room. I bought a cleansing mop and other things from norwex (d niece had a party) because I have been using so many swiffer cleaning products that are beginning to add up financially every month.

d old dog I think is having some (sorry tmi) leaking problems. I took the rug from the laundry room outside (office heavy duty) and will power wash it tomorrow.

going to dust of the stairs (gross) going up the stairs and then clean out the car from our trip - as I have to drive to a party with the whole family.

I wish you all a wonderful afternoon.

? I am going to a gender reveal party (I have seen it on you tube but have never been invited to one). I am a little concerned bc it is so early. I lost one baby at 14 weeks and I have a sweet cousin who lost twins at the end of her pregnancy so I am a little apprehensive.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:25 pm

I'm on something of a high after successfully getting through the presentation on DNA that I did this a.m. I got lots of good comments, dd was there and provided some input about areas I could shorten a bit. They had set the room up for 50 people and ended up with 70 and turned a few away. I'd say a successful outing.

And immediately after, I realized I am getting a cold. So that's the downer. Just the beginning of a sore throat and a soreness near one ear. The head librarian for the Local History and Genealogy department of the local library took me and dd out to lunch afterward, and then I came home for a nap. I wasn't able to sleep as long as I might have, because dh came home noisily, but it's probably best I not sleep all day.

I told dh I am taking the rest of the day off. The house is something of a mess, but I'm not budging. We are having dinner out tonight with friends but it's at 8 p.m., which I consider pretty late.

Anyway, tomorrow I need to clean up and also complete the assignment for this month for Pro Gen. I've done some of it. Two of the three people who turned it in already only had two pages, so I could be overthinking it.

I haven't heard from assisted living or hospice - I was there awhile yesterday (was it only yesterday?????) so will check in tomorrow again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Hello, villagers ~
A quick check in.

Thursday was a long hard day at work. The patrons who came in were all very nice, but even nice people are exhausting when there are hundreds of them needing service.

Yesterday was errand day. I stocked up on some groceries that were on sale. Did another 2 loads of laundry. A tiny bit of decluttering. Discovered last night that my PBS station started showing series 3 of The British Baking Show, a favorite because the contestants are always so polite and supportive to each other.

This morning I emailed DSis with an idea for a birthday gift for DMom in August so I'm waiting for a reply. (I woke up with this idea and it was before sunrise, much too early to call DSis.) I updated the fb page for library events, did other desk work, and then ran a few errands here in TinyTown.

DH and I just got home from a late lunch at the local diner. Today's special was fish & chips, which tasted good but now I'm regretting because I'm not used to eating that much deep fried food. I need to be sure to eat vegetables for supper.

I'm going to put my feet up for a bit and then afterwards grab a big box I found in storage that I'm hoping is all stuff that we don't need any more. I'd love to be able to get rid of the entire box. There's another box I saw in storage that I think might be able to go, too. If nothing else, I can consolidate the 2 boxes down to 1 and call that progress.

Sometime this weekend I need to try to download several sewing videos I purchased. I've had trouble downloading a couple of them and want to see how it goes with the remainder of the series before I contact the company for help with the problems.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Did a rock drop, delivered a few donations, went to a yd sale did not by a thing, looking for a kurig like I saw before. Got a couple things @ the store forgot my list so had to wait on the rest. Decluttered another cupboard in the kitchen yea! Watered put front. Spilled on my lacy side table cloth so had to hand wash it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Wow, what a crowd, Twins! That's very successful. i think that the other day I was equating your post here about "better get going" with your post there about the presentation, and thought you were already to the big day! Save the newspaper clipping safely.

BookSaver, we love British Baking show. I agree - such pleasant people and truly interesting, too. The ONLY thing I don't like is that people have to leave. I guess they couldn't risk it any other way, since perhaps the same people would keep winning and the same ones keep losing, making it sad anyway. But I just wish everyone could stay! I do sometimes think to myself that "we" can't keep kidding ourselves as we go through life, that we can eat these decadent treats (or even the less appetizing way I would probably make them, lol, if same unhealthy ingredients). But it's very educational. HRH loves critiquing the bakers, "telling" the tv what each one has done wrong and what the result will be. He is so delighted when he turns out to be right, you'd think he'd won a prize! Still, he's tenderhearted, so he feels down when someone finds out they've lost. Usually, he exits before then! :lol:

The couple was very nice. We enjoyed the visit.

HRH and I went out afterward for groceries to a new store to us. A Pub lix with no cart racks in the parking lot. I guess they are doubling-down on their determination that NO you will NOT put your own groceries into your own car. They are losing me on that one. I think it's weird to demand that. At least at their closer-to-us store, there are normal racks, even though a lot of pressure to have them load your vehicle. I don't want people climbing into my back seat or whatever, arranging bags their way - I know best. If I have a body in my trunk, I'll know the best way to arrange the frozen foods around it - it's my business.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Harriet!! :shock: No, no, dear, you are confusing your British program genres with your body-in-the-trunk-at-the-market. That's not the British Baking show, that's Midsomer Murders. :lol: :lol:

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:48 pm

:shock: :lol:

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:09 pm

I had a good time with tonight's long declutter project. I'll talk about it more in the declutter thread.

I needed to stop and have some water and a fruit popsicle. (The site has that underlined as not the correct way to spell popsicle, but that's how it is spelled in my Webster's New World Dictionary copyright 1976, so I'm sticking with it. :) )

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:28 pm

We had a great time with DSon and family this afternoon & tonight. The time goes by so fast when we are together.

We missed attending a family birthday party and a family wedding (DNephew) this afternoon. We were invited to the events but we didn't commit to attending. I'm sure we have offended some family members but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. We are juggling as much as we possibly can. They can either forgive us for not putting them first or they can be mad at us. I'm okay with whatever they decide.

Twins - I'm so very thrilled for your successful presentation!! POTB!

I miss Kathryn,
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”