Sunday Stretches

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday Stretches

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Home from church and lunch at our favorite restaurant. DBro attended church today and sat next to me. What a treasured moment in time. I just wanted to wrap the moment up as if it was a gift and hold onto it forever. Just doing normal things can bring such joy to me.

It is storming so hard that the rain is coming down sideways. We need the rain so it is welcomed however it arrives.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:59 pm

what a treasured moment is right dear Lady!!!! what a blessing!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:06 pm

i am so far behind and i need help :D :shock: 8-) :D
too much clutter and my underneath cleaning was put on hold - start fresh again
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:44 pm

((((Blessedw2)))) I understand especially after the past couple of weeks you have had. I think of Dee's saying when I get frozen...... "Just begin"

The most often done activity with DSon children is taking them to the bookstore. It is something we started doing when they were toddlers and we just keep doing it almost everytime we are with them. Yesterday was no exception. While waiting for DGChildren to select their book, I stumped upon a paper planner that caught my eye. I tried to talk myself out of it because I have tried so many times and failed. However, it came home with me because I always think this time it will work. So I am enjoying the "honeymoon" phase of using a paper planner again.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:33 pm

I've typed the daily lists for DS9 and DGD7 and printed several copies. I am still a bit surprised how much the kids like checking off items from the list each day. I am thankful to find something that inspires and gives them a feeling of satisfaction.

I had a conference with DMom and DBro about DMom's 3 medical appointments this week. DBro volunteered to take DMom to all of them. I am thankful for DBro renewed health and his willingness to take DMom.

DH is watching the kids swim while I do some planning for the upcoming week. I can hear their giggles and laughter.
1. Know what you want.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:30 pm

I don't know that I did any stretching today, physical or otherwise. But I did go to church and we had lunch again with our 2 friend couples same as last week. It was a lot of fun and we had a great deal to talk about. I got a flatbread tomato and mozzarella grilled sandwich and an apple and it was really good.

Looked for a home blood pressure machine on the way home. Pharmacist told me the upper arm ones are much more accurate than the wrist ones so I looked at those, but the one I would have picked and the closest ones to that one were all out. I also looked for some non-drowsy motion sickness medicine that was recommended to me (in case this is just a case of vertigo) and couldn't find it. I was unable to get anyone at the pharmacy counter to help me. :roll: So I came home without either.

Looking online I see that only 1/3 of home bp machines are accurate and somehow there is a way to calibrate them but how that is done is a mystery to me as I couldn't find any information about that online. So now I'm stumped as to what to buy... and no way to figure it out apparently.

Does anybody here use one they would recommend?

DH and I watched Pol dark together this evening. They are replaying season 2. Nice!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:19 pm

Back from walking ddog.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:39 pm

With two sorta discouraged children on my hands (oldest and youngest), I just announced I was taking them OUT. The 3 of us went for supper at the Japanese place for no apparent reason. :lol: Dd19 had a co-worker quit in a flurry, so her hours are going up and the schedule won't be very forgiving. One of her remaining coworkers cannot be scheduled more than 20 hours because of summer course load. They will probably have to work opposite, and they were the only two who could carpool! Dstepson started trying to comfort her by telling her it wasn't so bad, which led to us listening to his work stories, and they are tougher than hers! :)

I asked them what use the two of them were, if I couldn't even get a complaint in edgewise, so hopefully I got a grin out of that! Off we went for an attitude adjustment and ended up laughing a lot. I'm glad we did. The veggie plate is $4.95 but it's huge, so carrying a to-go back for HRH was easy, too. I don't know how they can do that pricing.

blessed, you have folks to work along with you here! Wonder what we'll clean tomorrow? ;) Look out house, anything can happen.

LadyM, I seldom regret my honeymoon phases with new record-keeping. It's all good - helping me gather my brain cells and serving as a "you are here" map! I hope your imagination is sparked. :idea:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:30 pm

H decluttered a corner in his zone in the room he has in the basement. I told him for sure we were not meeping that old tv this go round it is leaving.

I washed up the sorting smaller totes to use again later.

Return to “Post When You Can”