Sunday Stretches

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Sunday Stretches

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:00 am

Yesterday Twins stretched herself and shared with others some of her knowledge of DNA.

What are you stretching to do? Share with us your stretches whether they be physical, mentally, emotionally or spiritually..
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday Stretches

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:09 am

I didn't have a good night sleep but I feel okay to push through today.

I've made DS9 and DGD7 lists for the day. I timed myself and it took me 6 minutes to write them out. Today I am going to convert the bulk of their lists to digital and use the printer instead of writing each day. That will save me about 40 minutes of writing this week.

I've restarted the app SMS backup so I can capture all of the text messages. This puts the text messages into gmail where I can easily do a cut/paste into my daily journal. There is information that I need to capture and keep (bank account numbers, bill due dates, etc). This seems to be the quickest easiest way to capture that information and make it searchable.

DH right eye is swollen. I think it needs to be looked at by a doctor. DH is resisting that idea.

We have 50 minutes to eat, get ready and out the door to church.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:56 am

I am up on time today. Have made coffee, done my journaling, and a bit of planning.

Woke up thinking of a mirror I had tucked behind a dresser, so I got it out decluttered it first thing yea for progress. I put away rocks. I painted yesterday and were dry on the table. Glad for early morning progress.

I need to get back to gardening I have found the 5 lbs. I lost last mo. Dang.

Lovely weather here this morning. Will be great for stretching. Catching a hen the needed a pedicure was some stretching for me last evening.

Fighting a bit of sinus thing.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:06 am

stretching - what a good idea! I haven't stretched myself lately and it is time to start again. Thank you for the reminder. I love going out of my comfort zone to learn new things and expanding my thinking but sometimes I just forget to move beyond the day or week sometimes.

great idea putting it to digital d lady!

hope your dh's eye starts to feel better!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:16 am

I slept in this morning. I was up around 7 a.m. and went back to bed, sleeping until 9:30 when I immediately walked the ddog. The day is getting warm and humid already here. Last night we were to have dinner with friends at 8 and the restaurant, and all in that area were closed because of strong storms earlier and power outages. So we regrouped, went somewhere else and it made for a late evening. I was exhausted.

I need to get organized today for this week....don't know if dkids will be over for supper tonight or not. Dh went out already, I think he was meeting early with a client who was traveling through here - this is the niece/nephew of the couple here on Thursday night so they are more like family. He was going on to an "unveiling" at 11 this morning. In Jewish tradition, there is an "unveiling" service once the stone is set at the cemetery - usually about a year after the death. I wish I had felt up to going to but this has just been a too busy week for me.

I will check with dh and dkids a bit later....was thinking about eggplant for supper if they are coming.

Right now:
-breakfast and meds, finally
-empty dishwasher and clear kitchen counters
-start a lol
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper that are sitting next to my computer
-start some planning for the week and survey the calendar

Thank you for the POTB! It was a stretch for me, and as bw2 mentions also actually stretching is good....My back has been tight all week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:35 am

Morning..

For me Sunday’s are usually take it slow and easy day. Come from all my years of working.

For me that means coffee in bed while watching the news and then strip the bed, wash sheets, and remake the bed. Willis loves these morning cause for him it means snoozing on the bed sort of next to me. He’s certainly not the snuggly kind.

Yesterday’s training went very well and Willis was used to lead the class. That means other dogs who are not calm and are learning how to behave around other dogs get to walk around Willis while he lays on the grass without me holding his leash. We also practice walking past the other dogs as if we were on a walk. Willis has gotten to the point he doesn’t even care about the other dogs. Jasmine Yoni’s dog who Willis usually interacts appropriately with wasn’t there so he didn’t get to sniff butts which is a dogs way of saying hi. The other dogs there aren’t ready for that yet.

The park is very large with plenty of other dogs and their owners enjoying the park so Willis and I take time to walk among them. He does pretty good ignoring them as well now.

Willis is certainly not the dog he was three months ago.

I’ve been doing some stretching for a week or so and now I’m ready to take it up a notch. Got plenty of programs to work with around the house. I am trying to stay out of the strong sun as much as possible.

Sweetie and I are going to the flea market in a little while. It’s undercover and sort of enclosed with a water mister to help keep us cool... we’ll sort of.

Off to start my day and waving to y’all. Enjoy your day!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:03 pm

wishing you a good day - heading out soon!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi everyone!

I had a very busy day on Friday until around noon. Dh left after lunch and then I vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor. I had already moved the table and 6 chairs. 4 for the table and 2 bar stool type chairs for the island. I also made sure that all the dishes were done. As soon as I finished mopping the kitchen floor I went and got my hair trimmed a tiny bit to fix the mistake I felt was made when I got my hair chopped off a couple of weeks ago. The stylist agreed that the other person didn't do a good job and asked where I had it done. I didn't tell her because it would have made no difference. Then I popped across the street and got a mani/pedi. I haven't had one in a very long time. When I got home at 3, dh was already home for his vacation.

Soooooo my stretch is having no time at home to myself until July 3rd (a week Tuesday)

Dh cooked supper last night and breakfast this morning and the kitchen is an absolute mess. He is resting on the couch in front of his computer.

Supper tonight is lasagna and dh is making that.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Stretches? Really?
Can't believe our title is "stretches" when today was the first morning of going back to morning stretches (physical!) for me! LadyM, have you been reading my planner? :lol: I'm doing the 20 min one on the T-Tapp DVD that is just named "floor". I mistakenly put in "core floor" DVD this a.m. and quickly took it out because that one is NOT for mornings (intense). But the 20-min one is definitely what I'm looking for. I made it a priority and did it firstest first thing. So I was kinda in a good mood to start out.

BookSaver, you gave me a smile. And I admit it.... .. I may have been exaggerating about the body.

So, when are we going to hear about these creative downloads, BookSaver? whatchadoin'?

What shall I say about my morning out? Wait, let me think... .. (mental sorting by maternal warnings about niceness :| ) ... ... oh, well, shan't say anything at all ;)

Anyway, home now and
The world is so full of a number of things! (quoting Robert Louis Stevenson)
I'm sure I should be as happy as a pig in muck. ( quoting G.F. Northall)
... like a room without a roof. (quoting Pharrell Williams - now that song will be stuck in your head. You're welcome!)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Dh is taking a nap, I've been to the nearby grocery for a few things. Tonight's dinner will be grilled chicken with mango salsa and grilled corn. Easy peasy I hope. I really don't like cooking most of the time, and it probably shows. And dd is still something of a picky eater, not liking fish or pork.

Going to work on Pro Gen assignment due tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”