Monday Make a Difference

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Monday Make a Difference

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:06 am

This is the week... .. the week that will include the half-point of 2018 ! :o

Get started on our new week with ACTIONS that will make a difference for you and your household.

Do you have a plan? ACT on it and let us know!

Are you formulating a plan? We'd love to hear your strategy. You inspire us.

Harriet

Re: Monday Make a Difference

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:11 am

Honestly, it surprised me, too! I had thought about July 1st headed for us, in terms of other things, but not my own home and my own personal hopes for it - and me! yipes, the calendar marches on.

Today is my day to throw on an apron and change the course of current events. Look out, house.

I'm probably going to be aiming for Challenge Check Ins here to keep me on track.

See you at the Crossroads of Order for the Day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:38 am

Good morning! Dealing w low bs. Sipping cocoa coffee. Journaling under way. Fed hens next up. Glad for the progess we had thia weekend. A load in the car will go out today. Time marches on we continue to send various items out the door.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:47 am

Hmmm..... was able to get right on today. Though dh did just come in and ask me to 'reboot' and see if I could get on -I'd already done that & the internet came up quickly. Said "Matt" had reprogrammed a few towers in the campground yesterday. His signal went from 2 to 11. So hopefully. I'll go over in a little while to see if I can get on at DS-R's. They were trying yesterday so DGS12 could set up his x box. I wrote a good post yesterday, clicked and lost it. When WILL I learn to copy my post before hitting that submit button?

Dh put the 1 LOL in for me early this morning and then put it in the dryer. I just came back from folding it and bringing it back home. Still have to put it away.

It rained all day yesterday but today is a bright blue sky and of course sun.

Really, Harriet? Halfway? Already? 4th of July celebration is here this weekend with all the fireworks and all the activities. Almost hoping DS-A and family are headed for Ottawa to spend it with their friends. Is that awful of me? I'm just not up to a lot of socializing at the moment and there would be plenty.

DS-R came over and took our old TV to their RV. Gave them our fire stick as our new TV has RO KU built in. We already have that on our front TV as well. They're both 32" but let me tell you the older one is a whole lot heavier and bigger, albeit it a thin TV set. He reffed 5 lacrosse games in a nearby tournament yesterday. There were teams from all over the country.

Okay, going to give posting this a try -AFTER I copy it.

(Worked quickly -maybe he's on to something here).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:01 am

Well, that was certainly a surprise! :D :mrgreen: Dh just came in with his phone and dgd23 was on. She called to tell us she's engaged. They haven't even begun to figure a date. Know dShelley would be so happy for her. Somewhat a bitter/sweet moment, but I'm happy for her. AND she's in her apartment and do I have things for her!! Stored a lot of things that were her Mom's when we cleaned out their home. Dgs surely won't want any of it so I don't have to make decisions.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:06 am

Wow. July 1 is next Sunday, and my kids turn 26 on Monday.

I need to get this week rolling with a plan. Almost nothing on the calendar this week, thankfully.

Today's task is to finish and turn in Pro Gen work. No breakfast yet, but dog is walked and I am dressed. Will it get hard to get up in the morning at 7 when the days are shorter? I bet it will. I'm waking up naturally most days.

So glad to see Dee posting so easily!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:16 am

OH MY GOODNESS!!! D HARRIET THIS CAN'T BE TRUE. 1/2 WAY POINT :o I haven't started my summer yet! :shock: :o 8-) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:52 am

Nice to be able to post, Twins. DD -texted her and hers not so much. So will tell dh to tell 'Matt' that she's still not getting anything better.

Been trying to track down a refund from A river, hasn't been easy with no internet. Supposedly a refund was issued over 2 weeks ago. Not showing on my 'pay' account.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:02 am

I'm back at the Crossroads. Hi!

Eeeek, but a Monday morning can have a lot of Footprints, can't it?
No matter. I need a palette on which to begin, anyway!
(that's my story and I'm sticking to it)
Morning Daily Card is done, with towels still to be folded later.
Kitchen looks a lot better with the recycling consolidated.

I'm working around dd19, whose pallet today is literal. She's completing her painting assignment themed “dance”. She chose disco to be different, so there is a guy with some serious attitude, staring down at me from a tall canvas.

What's coming up after healthy brunch:
I want to put in an extra laundry load today – probably darks.
Speaking of laundry, that's one of the cards to finish for July.
The lack of fresh fruit is becoming obvious in the house. That doesn't mean I have to go anywhere today, but I do need to start a weekly grocery list.
Office declutter, Office declutter, Office declutter – do you sense a theme, here?

Just realized... .. since I print laundry cards from a quarterly sheet and cut for cards, that means I'll type in the word “September” today. :shock:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:27 am

dear harriet - don't let it be so that you have to put September on something!

My summer hasn't started yet!
have a great day d harriet!

d nancy good morning , hope your blood sugar regulates!

d dee good morning!

d twins good morning (26 wow - I can't believe it)!

Good morning to all!!!!

I haven't started yet. I woke at 8:00 am - I have been getting up around 5 for the last 2 weeks but it is nice not to have to go anywhere. (yet - lol)
My home is cluttered - I am tempted to do a put away only but I will do my Monday routine.

I am going to call the local cleaning company because I am so so so far behind. dh is not happy that I called them while I was gone - he kept shooing them away. He kept tell them that "we" could clean it which actually mean "I" could clean it. :shock: :lol: I couldn't get it through to him that I would be the one who would be doing it because he said "don't worry I will clean" and I know what that means...good heart but no cleaning. I can see he has that magical thinking that it will ***poof**** and get done. (I realized he sees things clean and hasn't figured out that I am that house fairy :lol: :D )

time to change and become productive. I really want to spend time with my mom as she has been lonely while we have been gone. we went out for breakfast one day and dinner yesterday but it's not really keeping her busy.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”