It's Tuesday. Load the Timers

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: It's Tuesday. Load the Timers

Postby lucylee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:45 pm

Loved the Magic Coffee Table. I can't really complain -- my stuff is probably more apt to disappear than dh's around here. He is so OCD that nothing gets left lying around. The laundry disappears from the hampers for dh, but once it's dry, it gets put away without my knowledge (except for what needs ironing, and my own clothes.
I sure wish we had a magic bed, LOL... b/c I don't expect those sheets to put themselves back on! And the washer isn't going to empty itself, either.

I still haven't cuop! :oops: After the dgrands left --
:arrow: I called insurance company b/c I couldn't get their website to work right, and I confirmed that I have done all I needed to to get my $50 monthly bonus (wellness check-up, basically.) Apparently my bp, cholesterol & triglycerides, etc are all fine... but my BMI is over 30 now. That is ridiculous and I am making exercise a priority for sure. Also trying to eliminate nightly mindless snacking.
:arrow: I started to vacuum up the ladybugs, and dcousin called -- the one who mows dmom's yard out here at my grandmother's house. So he was headed to town and wanted to stop by and let me pay him. He and I stood out in the yard and talked about all the weeds in our yard, and the shrubs I tried to demolish, and he was here for almost an hour! (BTW -- he is pretty certain I have not killed anything, and he has a doctorate in some kind of botany. So there, dh! :P LOL.)
:arrow: Then I came in and cooked supper... and
:arrow: DS called dh to talk about more findings on ancestry.com... and
:arrow: Then we cleaned up the kitchen ... and
:arrow: Watched a short video... and
:arrow: THEN I vacuumed up the ladybugs... and
:arrow: Came back to the computer to order dh's birthday gifts, but TOTALLY forgot what I was here for, getting lost in FB & dgs's baby pictures
:arrow: But finally ordered dh a pair of shorts and some after shave.
* whew *
It really looked like a scene from P&P's book here for a bit -- sink full of dishes, soaking; vacuum cleaner out, pillows all over the floor in front of window seat; credit card and Belk bonus bucks lying out on counter (but I didn't even use them b/c Belk didn't have what I was looking for); and sheets still piled on bed and pillowcases on top of dryer and another load of laundry in the washer waiting on attention... * sheesh *

BUT -- the good news!!! DH's bp was totally back to normal after he showered (after playing golf). Maybe the exercise DID do him some good. :D

I'm sorry I seem to be ignoring you all -- but I've got to get those sheets back on the bed! :oops:

Happy birthday, Mr. Harmony!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Rationalizing... I know... but this made me feel better --

BMI = 30

Your body mass index (BMI) is calculated as exactly 29.6 kilograms per square meter.
Health aspects
Your weight is at a marginally elevated level; in our view, it should still be fine for your health. By classification of the WHO, you are "overweight".
With a good balance of body fat and muscle mass, your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar values should still remain at more or less moderate levels. You would then be quite well protected against a heart attack, stroke or diabetes. This might be less so if your body fat is higher with a lower muscle mass, if you consume tobacco, other drugs or too much alcohol, lack physical activity or sleep, eat unhealthy food, or suffer from stress and other unhealthy life factors.

SBMI = 41/70
This assessment is based on the newly developed Smart Body Mass Index. Its ideal range is between 30/70 and 39/70.
Your Smart Body Mass Index (SBMI) is calculated as 41/70 or "41 points out of 70".

marginally elevated level; in our view, it should still be fine for your health.
That's the part that made me feel somewhat better. At least it didn't say: GOOD HEAVENS GIRL, WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU???
It also said something like, "fat with no tobacco is better than skinny with tobacco," so at least I'm good there. I have never been tempted to smoke.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:04 pm

This is the last week I know for sure the house is ours. :shock: sniff sniff, h is making sounds about calling the realtor. I ask to not hassle with this till after our ann. It is this weekend.... we will wait till after the 4th good news dd said the place looks decluttered.

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:36 am

I don't use a timer but I really should, then I wouldn't be catching up on everyones yesterday at 2.30pm .sipping tea. Been to the Dr. for a skin check half hr ago and now have to,go,back for a biopsy. Seeing I already have had a melanoma on the top of my head, which means a skin graft and now have a bald patch.. Such a pain, had to rearrange my hairstyle lol, this time on my back sounds easy.

Make sure you are all wearing 50 plus UV cream, lasts 2 maybe 3 hrs. only, plus hat with wide brim.

Return to “Post When You Can”