It's Tuesday. Load the Timers

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

It's Tuesday. Load the Timers

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:57 am

Timer locked and loaded.

That's a quote - a whole post, actually - from blessedw2 a few years back.

It reminds me of a timer LadyM showed us, into which you can load info for several timed chores simultaneously.

But every type of daily records/planning we use can be "loaded" with the chores we plan. What wonderful brain dumps :) and great helpers.

Are there some things you MUST schedule for an hour or so today - just a half-hour or just some 15s?

What could you spend some exact timing on today, to relieve some stress, irritation or worry for your tomorrow?

It's Tuesday. Load the timers.

blessedw2

Re: It's Tuesday. Load the Timers

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:04 am

Good morning Dear Harriet!!!
Good morning all!

I love my timer and my 15 minutes at a time (well not right now as I got off of the habit for 2 weeks ;) :D ) Truth be told - I haven't touched it since I got back!

wishing you all a wonderful morning and night - where ever you may be!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:16 am

I hadn't realized how much clutter has been left out in my home until I came back. I became blind to it and it making me tremendously aware how uncomfortable it makes me feel.

I don't have time for BWP AND CLEANING FOCUS (ZONES) :o 8-) :D

My reality: I am going to call a local cleaning company because I am so far behind. My dogs/cats are shedding and I am back to trying to keep up.
I dislike spending the money but I am desperate.
I will give them my kitchen zone work also.

dd younger is making menus for her based on their suggestion of a Mediterranean diet - mayo clinic - to help with the pain. no glutens or dairy as well. Similar to their may clinic diet.

My goals today: de clutter! (it always makes my brain hurt)

de-clutter the front hall from our trip and things remaining at the bottom of the stairs. I have stuff on everything in the front hall.
also my kitchen table where I do my work is a pile instead of just my computer.

vacuum and norwex (new mopper to save me money instead of the swiffer wipes) my kitchen, dining room and front hall.
routines - no real weekly plan bc I am so far behind on everything; especially summer. I love summer but I haven't been able to do anything in my summer yet.

am: I am in shock at what I am looking at - my kitchen floor feels clean though!
I think I will have to do a left to right thing. I feel overwhelmed by the clutter. I have to remember one item at a time (don't look at everything)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:18 am

Love the reminder to use timers! I have several that get used each day. I always try to set a timer for 15 minutes when I sit down so I won't get sidetracked. Even if I don't finish what I sat down to do, I get up and move before continuing. I've heard that sitting is the new smoking. It is unhealthy for us.

I've been working on setting up a new format for my daily page. I've incorporated things I have learned from many methods and people. It continues to be a work in progress. I don't ever expect to not keep changing it though. This is what I would like to make progress on today -

6/26 9:00 - Noon VBS (send $$)
6/26 10:10 Me EKG at Dr K office`
6/26 11:30 - 12:30 School lunch
6/26 1:30 Library Summer program
*OKC OU hospital for dinner with J
*Living Room curtains hung
*Bedroom pillows & bedding washed
Kids swimming
S finished his list - pay $
*Pay Dr L bill
EarthBoxes
Call Mom
M finished her list - pay $
*Front Yard grass seedlings
My devotional
Calendar checked and updated
Porch
Bathroom in Fun room
Living Room
Fun Room
Pool Maintenance
• Pay Dr C bill
Dishwasher
Laundry
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:20 am

hi d lady - big big day! wishing you the best!

Happy timer day to you too!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:36 am

Wow, LadyM. What a list you have going! Avert those eyes, Harriet!

I am giving myself until 9:30 to do a.m. routine, and I need to do two 15 minute shifts in our garage today to try to get it more under control.

I use the timer on my phone a lot, although I also have one hung on the wall in the garage because I end up out there doing fifteen minutes so often.

Right now:
-breakfast and meds
-walk the dog
-empty kitchen trash can and get to the street, along with the container on the porch for dog poop as it comes back from walks
-s2s
-empty dishwasher and clear kitchen counters

THis won't finish a.m. routine but should get it well underway. I have steak out thawing for dinner, and have started a lol to hang up already.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:37 am

I have to remember one item at a time (don't look at everything)[/quote Absolutely, Blessedw2! I most often try to do just "One thing at a time" and that might only putting away one item. My timer was already going, Harriet. My best friend really -well best in inanimate objects. :? Have it set for 15 minutes to be here and then it's up and running for me.....
I've heard that sitting is the new smoking. It is unhealthy for us.
That's a good equation, LadyM. I know that all the sitting is really not good.

Slept somewhat well -at least until 4am. Finally got up at 5am and took t ylenol and turned up the heat. It was 64 in here and my body was feeling it even under the covers. See it's supposed to be 90 this weekend though. Having dinner with good friends here tonight. They were going to take us out for Chinese then called last night to see if we wanted that or stay here at the Ponds. Yes! Stay. They're fixing pizza and wings on the grill. Have had theirs before and it is gooood!

The friend who's always bringing us food had to have his golf cart charger fixed. It was $90. The guy brought it back yesterday & dh had to pay him and was to be reimbursed. Told him not to take any money as I had been going to buy a gift card for them and did this in place of. Of course they wanted dh to take the $$ and he wouldn't. So last night what does this friend do? Brought dh porter house steak. :| Of course dh does several things for them throughout the season too. Brought us chicken french Sunday night.

Welll my timer's about to go off. Time enough on my toushy.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:38 am

I need to finish with laundry and garbage and have breakfast and meds and that will finish a.m. routine. I have two lols to fold and put away along the way.

I've penciled in going to see dmom at 2 p.m. I'll stop at CVS on the way for a couple of things for her.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:20 am

Good morning everyone! Of yesterday's list, I did only a few essentials. I cleaned up the main areas to meet with the insurance person, met the insurance person, then paid two bills. I still need to finish the bills and budget, make that blasted DPC, and library returns. The books are not due yet, so that was not critical. I may recheck some online. I am hoping to finish one during lunch.

I forgot to take my morning meds. That happens sometimes when a new cat modifies the morning routine. One good thing is Briggs and Chelsea are now ok together. They are not buddies, but have realized there are enough good perches for both to enjoy the sunrise, and later to move to a cooler area. Neither wanted the bed with me thank goodness! Perhaps they have decided that it is not worth fighting over OR they claimed their morning positions early. I don't care, I got much better sleep. The new cat is in DD16's bedroom because he refused to enter the sewing room and he is beyond my lifting limit. DD16 is back in town, so today is Girls' Night Out. I would like to find a Chinese chicken on a stick recipe so we can make it with gluten free soy sauce. Celiac sucks.

Yeah for blessedw2 on realizing she needed help and getting it! Cleaning services are the best thing ever.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:23 am

Hello shes!

Blessed, YGG! You can do it!

I don't use timers except for cooking. I go more by my calendar to see what the most important thing to get done is... and try to fit things in during all my interruptions of the day. Maybe not the most efficient use of my time, but someday when life settles and I don't have so many interruptions I will change things around. I already have a tentative schedule of stuff in my mind when (if) that time ever comes.

Yesterday was DH's birthday. I knew he was working hard all day and sometimes he just comes home exhausted and it's all he can do to get a shower and eat and go to bed. So I gave him his present the night before and didn't expect much yesterday.

I had some soup before he came home (my dinner). Then he calls and wants to go out to dinner. So we did that. Oh, mega calories. I'll watch closer the rest of the week. But it was fun.

Today I finished all at my desk and since it is the last week of June, looked at payroll etc. and got started on that. Since the house was extremely quiet for a change (easier to focus and work) I went ahead and closed out the month and the quarter. Everything submitted or ready to mail in a couple days. I need to stop at the bank on the way to pick up stuff at church and need to get milk on the way home.

That will catch me up to date on a lot of things. Fold laundry and do one more load, no two. That will be good progress. I was a slug yesterday and did practically nothing!

Return to “Post When You Can”