Wednesday for the Win!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday for the Win!

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:11 am

Let's go for the Win today - whatever will make the day winning on your part! We're halfway through the week, and counting down to the end of June and the first six months (eeeek!) of 2018.

Will you win be playing catch up on household responsibilities?

Setting up a plan for the next six months?

Continuing in the plan you set out on Sunday to conquer this week?

Whatever it is, let's the the big "W" in our column for the day.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday for the Win!

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:40 am

A win for me today will be getting a massage, groceries, and some time to write/research. I think dd is having supper with me tonight, I'm supposed to make Eggplant parm for us - I made something else on Sunday because dh isn't a fan, and told dd I'd make some for us one night when he's out.

I need to get rolling, need to leave in an hour for massage.

-breakfast and meds
-brush teeth, clean up, get dressed
-walk the dog
-make the bed
-clear kitchen counter

I brought a box in earlier from my mother's house and sorted it. I still have some stuff on kitchen counter put aside to go through again. I already put out a bunch of shred stuff and recycle.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:20 am

A big win for me is finally memorizing my password for here. I've not been using the 'keep me logged in' bullet as I'm never sure how much info is available since our network here at the campground is not secure. Any banking or financial stuff I do, I immediately sign out afterwards.

Slept great till 1 am then was awake until 5:30. Slept then until about 8:40. So guess I got 6 hours all told. Oh those wonderful nights when I sleep most of the night. There's such a difference in the day!

I printed out a paper to put on the table with the categories I come up with during the day. So often I think of something I need to add to a l I s t and by the time I get back to the computer I've forgotten it. Hoping by having this sheet ready to catch my moments, I'll be better prepared for all those things I need to buy, do, errands, calls, etc.

Rained early this morning and until about 8ish. We've had about 1/3" so far. Supposed to get very warm this weekend -in the upper 90's.

Just now eating my breakfast.

Dh decided last night that he wants to go to Sight & Sound theater in Lancaster, PA and asked about heading to my class reunion a couple days early and go there first and circle back to our hometown. The more I thought about it, I really would like to go later on instead of trying to squeeze it all into 3 days. He agreed with that. So now the research begins.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 am

This morning has progressed smoothly and has been highly productive. I am pleased with how DS9 and DGD7 are doing with their lists. It has taken much of the stress off me because I'm not in charge of reminding them to get their things done. Now it is between them and the list and I'm only the one who monitors the process.

If nothing changes in the next 3 hours, then I'll pick up DS9 and DGD7 from Vacation Bible School and immediately head to the big city hospital to visit DD. DSIL pulled his ventilator out this morning so they are going to try and see if he can breathe on his own. If not then they will put him back on the ventilator. It is touch-n-go whether DSIL will be stable enough for a visit.

Next up -
D -Bathroom in Fun room
D - Personal Care -BWFHT
D - Walk to elevate heart rate for 15+ minutes
D -Call Mom
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:34 am

I love healthy competition with myself to go for the win. !!! Wednesday for the win - rah rah rah!

Good morning d twins!
Good morning d lady!
good morning d dee!

Right now my clutter is burying me - I had to go out yesterday and didn't get the work done I wanted to get done. But that's okay. one baby step at a time.

the papers from M A y o are taking me the longest to file and write down but if I don't it first I will forget it.
I also need dd younger to print out what the doctors notes for file and future doctors.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:18 am

Came back in to wish Helia a very Happy Birthday. So, if you peek in on your own special day -know we're thinking of you and wishing you all the best!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:31 am

Happy birthday Helia!

Working on my top 6 things today. Got the # for donations pick up I have to wait they are not open for a half hr. S2s happened, sorted out some journals and more sketch books to go. I sorted jewlery beads etc. got them put away. Laundry is going. I have a small bit of papers to sort.

One more week to get the house realtor ready I / we can do this!

I reached out to a gal about taking the hens.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 am

Happy Birthday dear Helia!!! wishing you a wonderful year!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:49 am

hi d nancy well done!
d dee thank you for telling us that today is our sweet helia's birthday!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:53 am

dishes are washing themselves.
went through fridge for rest of old food containers - mostly yogurt as no one who ate yogurt was home. put veggies where they belong.
ordered groceries for noon

s2s (not pretty 8-) :lol: ) a slight torn at collar tee shirt - I am putting bleach in pool and cleaning some things with bleach
but I put on perfume ;) :D

Now for counters
I have to go to the butcher for stew meat. I am not a beef person but it will be easy. Trying my instant pot for the first time.

Return to “Post When You Can”