Wednesday for the Win!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday for the Win!

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:09 pm

A moment of panic just now. Came back in, unloaded groceries and sat down to CUOP here. And couldn't get here....DNS server could not be found.....

I thought that the plug had been pulled on us.

Figured out that I couldn't get to a lot of other sites - I could get to Gmail, Google calendar and Facebook but no where else. So I posted on Facebook and friends let me know there was some kind of internet outage here. Okaaaaay. Thank goodness.

I am so glad this village is still here.

Now to CUOP. :D
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:30 pm

glad your computer is working d twins!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:31 pm

groceries came - I dislike spending the money on this but I am in desperate mode.
time for grocery put away and lunch.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:50 pm

bw2, you have been away from home and your mind has been on other things. Give yourself time to catch up, and it's okay to use convenience services to help you play catch up! Conserve your energy for the things that matter!

When I unloaded groceries I loaded three Goodwill bags into my car to take to drop off.

I slept poorly from 5 a.m on - I woke with a cough then and didn't sleep well after that. I also have a headache going, so I'm giving myself 45 min of rest.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:05 pm

Twins, is your Mom's house sold?

I had brunch with our 2 girl friends. Our next time together was to be the end of August (we do this on our birthdays) but she will be moved away then so we set it up for the first week in August. I am sad to see her go. She is selling her house here and moving close to her daughter 5 states north. She and I go way back together but only reconnected and became closer friends the past couple years. That happened because my other friend knew her and we figured out we had a mutual friend. So today was nice but felt a bit sad to me.

Went to a bank on the way home. Got request for info from a credit card company I wasn't sure was real so I stopped in the branch and verified and filled out the papers and gave to them. 18 years we've had this card and NOW they want my information? Puzzling. And we rarely use this card.

Have some desk chores to do and finish yesterday's laundry. That's all the plans I have for today.

Back to edit: I cleaned out my inbox (email) which is rare. Took care of all the gnarly things on there, got a credit card updated on an auto payment thing; logged in somewhere else and got another thing done. OMM things all gone now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELIA! We miss you here.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:15 pm

I miss Kathren & the updates on Ken and his travels I hope he is safe. I also miss others who were regular posters.
I walked the dog.
Got a store run done got cheese cake. Had lunch skipped knitting. Sorted those papers. Have done an Anti P. Task had overhead plastic sheet for she planner checking off tasks cut & punched it to fit my lg disc bound planner. More laundry doing. I did a rock drop. Cleared old towels off the folding table, boxed them up. Did a folliw up text for dgd baby pic for grad stuff. It is a three gen one, but they can scan it and get two of it. :mrgreen:try to keep the place de cluttered I need to get more cleaning time in. I watered and picked fruit for hens apples and hubby's lunches sm plum-cots.

It is quiet now, neighbors got the rest of tneir driveway work done behind us and on the other side they had a load of gravel delivered for under the lg trampoline.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Taking a break... house blessing is underway. Everything is done except for my mopping.

I saw on FB Helia is ether traveling to Europe or is about to. She been posting there reminding everyone to make sure they have their passbooks.

Sweetie had cataract surgery done, the first six weeks ago, the second 4 weeks back, and has had some problems with them. He can’t see well enough to drive yet and I’ve been taking him to his drs appointment, which is averaging at least two a week. Good thing I don’t mine driving in traffic because I’ve been up and down the freeway, sometimes during rush hour. We do have HOV lanes, but getting across six lands to reach it can be a challenge.

My wedding weekend events just keep growing although I believe there isn’t room for any mor. Thur night is a family BBQ which I am looking forwards to. Just people I do know and a fun evening to relax with friends. I just received an invitation from the sister of my friends who getting married for a bridal luncheon
On Friday, then the rehearsal dinner is that night. Sat there will be a brunch from 10-12 with the wedding and reception starting at4:30. I leave Sunday morning but there will be a breakfast going on that I will be able to spend a few minutes at saying good bye to every one.

Looks like I will have a few thank you notes to write when I get home. All of these events will take place either at the Marriott where I am staying, at families homes and of course the church and country club. I am so happy for my friends who’s getting married and can’t wait to meet her husband.

My friends is a very successful business woman who has been divorced for many years and never expected to marry again. She wasn’t dating nor was she looking for a man. She ran into a fellow that she had been friends with many years ago. He was married when she was and both families spent weeks together at all their children’s event.. the kids were the same age, and got along so well even took vacations together.

Years later she divorced and life got in the way. She happened to run into him two years ago. His wife had died of cancer so he was single. While standing in the grocery store where they had bumped into each other he suggest they go out for a friendly dinner and catch up on each other’s families.

The rest as they say is history. My friend who is 68 also is head over heels n love and can’t believe this is happening to her. There are four of us who hung out in high school ... Claire is still my best friend and we are rooming together for the wedding ... that will be a party all by its self. Our other friend will join us for the wedding also. Plus I know all of Jill’s, the bride, brothers and sisters all of whom I haven seen in 50 years. Hopefully the weather will hold and Claire and I won’t freeze our butts off like we did at my sons wedding. But that’s an other story.

Ditto what Nancy said...

Back to work :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi everyone! Finally got a chance to come in. I did not get much done yesterday. DD16 and I went to the expensive Chinese place. I am still not convinced her favorite chicken on a stick is gluten free, but she is. I never got an answer when I contacted the company. I did call the pet sitter only to find out she is on vacation when I am. Today's anti-procrastination task is to get pet sitting taken care of. I did put away a LOL and got the bare minimum done.

My moving friend's neighbor is giving her the evil eye during her move out and questioning her handyman about what he is doing there. (The answer is none of his business, but includes such scandalous activities as loading and unloading furniture in trucks, minor repairs, hauling away trash, etc). This neighbor is a particular friend of the abusive x boyfriend.

Today's payroll essentials: meeting transcription, homework, query.

Today's home essentials: haircut, library returns, grocery run, bills and budget.

Off to it!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:21 pm

Finished and now enjoying sitting in my quiet nice clean house!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:37 pm

so happy your dh's cataract surgery is done! and to had the cherry to the top - your home beautifully clean d rose

Return to “Post When You Can”