Thursday Out of Inspiration PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Thursday Out of Inspiration PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Was thinking of you, Harmony, as I was filling out dh's claim sheet for disability (for when he has his shoulder surgery). One of the questions was: "Did you collect disability (etc) within the last 52 weeks?" And he did when he had his left knee replacement last summer. DATES? I only know the first check was 7/19/17 -after that? Hope the secretary has the dates. Know it was September some time, but when? hmmm/////maybe I'll look back at my posts to see if I can figure it out if I happened to say when dh went back to work.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:35 pm

Ddog would only do a short walk this morning. Sheets are in the washer twins. It is cool and cloudy out here today the missed the forecast.

Potato peel movie on net flicks starting Aug. 10.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:38 pm

Dee, yeah it's a lot of work keeping track of everything for our husbands, isn't it? But here, DH just works through any disability he has. I told him the other day, it's not a river in Egypt. (DeNile)! Is your DH ever going to retire?

We had a conversation yesterday about my anxiety level. He was :shock: clueless that any of this bothers me.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:46 pm

It is so easy to get things done when I am by myself. Other than the telephone ringing a half dozen times, I haven't been interrupted. I've caught myself stopping to listen because it is so quiet and then realizing there are no kids here. (they are at VBS).

My free time is over though and it is time to go pick them up. Then to school for the last lunch of the summer. Then to the library to take books back and check out a new set of books for everyone to read this week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:19 pm

I am home again. I went by assisted living and suggested that dcousin and I sit at the table where dmom usually sits. It usually has one side to the wall and one of the three ladies has a broken hip and is in rehab, so there are two seats there open. Dmom has thought she was at a restaurant the last couple of times we've sat at a different table so this was better. Good to catch up with dcousin. She told me things about my dmom helping her when she was young that I never knew. She was young with her mother died and then not yet twenty when her father died.

I am going to nap. We had storms all morning, we've had heavy t storms every evening for several days. It's still overcase and I think we have another round of storms coming in later. I'm not sure if I'm feeling tired, or just low, or depressed, or what, but I want a nap. I hear Muffin getting ready for a nap in her bed too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:30 pm

I have helped to set up the new trading bench and it looks great. I got sweaty so counting it as some exercise and gave away a couple of art items for others to use.

Lunch is better. Beds are both remade w clean sheets. Loaded two bags one is in the car trunk, one other is set aside for dgd.

Pruned by the back steps.
Time for a round of digging weeds out in the yard hens will be happy. X
Watered the back yard. I made muffin cake for h's lunch box. Finished my walk w ddog.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Maid is making progress around here finally.

She lost a pair of my slippers, didn't show up in the laundry where I thought she put them. She also missed a tissue and a paperclip in pockets and the wash was lint city. One LOL hanging up. Another one folded. She finally folded the basket DH has been living out of since the mistress here broke her wrist. Figured it was time he lived a little more civilized again.

2 blankets sitting damp in dryer for a long time re-washing. Next load sorted ready to go in.

Maid hasn't been doing much housework around here and what she has been doing isn't the best work. I guess I'll have to find a new maid.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm sorry I"ve been so out of touch the past few days! I keep checking in -- just to make sure you're all still here! ;) -- but it is very hard to cuop and type anything b/c dgrands have been underfoot a lot the past few days, or we were out with them, like for dgs's party last night.
We have them both right now. DDIL is working and has class tonight; ds is out of town for the day.
Tonight is dgs's first "official" t-ball game so we are taking them and I have a video camera and tripod and instructions from ds on how to operate it.
I told him to keep his expectations VERY low, LOL!

We may have a rainout. There are a lot of storms headed this way, and surprisingly, they are coming from the northeast. Usually our weather comes from the southwest and moves toward the northeast. But it is already pretty dark outside and windy, and I heard thunder a while ago. Storms are actually supposed to be in our area around 6:00 pm -- which is game time. * sigh *
OTOH -- if we get a rainout, maybe ds and ddil can see the first game in person!

AND... maybe dh would feel better by the time they played. His bp dropped for one day, but it is back over 180 again and when I told him he really needed to see the doctor again before August (which is when he is expected to see cardiologist) he said, "WHEN? Just when am I supposed to do that, b/c I am not going to miss one of dgs' ballgames." :roll:

So here comes dgd... "Nana, nana..."

BBL!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:56 pm

Is your DH ever going to retire?
Probably not, Harmony. Though he has another worker who's in charge and he's remarked how much more relaxed he is. In fact in all his Dr visits his BP is down about 10 points. Says he's not hashing over what he has to do the next day. Figures he might be down to about half the hours by next year though. When I mentioned disability to him last year when he had his knee replaced he said he'd never collected. Well, of course not -all his other surgeries were in the winter. Though I think he collected the year he had his aortic valve replaced but maybe not. Should have. His boss really wants him to as he pays into it all the time and it's nothing against his boss.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:10 pm

I slept for two hours and I feel groggy. Surprised that I needed that sleep. Trying to regroup and figure out where to start.

Harmony asked yesterday whether I had sold my mother's house and I have not. The neighbor who was interested told me two weeks ago that I should have an offer from him last week. Earlier this week dh and I discussed going ahead and listing it and he was going to ck with a friend about listing it. DH doesn't want to list it with someone he's considered a close friend for years who has cooled on their relationship (and who doesn't have a financial account with him anymore.) This a.m. the neighbor who was interested called but didn't leave message. I called him back just now and left a message asking me to call him.

Dd fell asleep herself yesterday and didn't come for eggplant, so I ordered a pizza last night. It's eggplant tonight, then, and she may come. DH may or may not be home for supper later, he's going to a friend's for a glass of wine and biz, and might get invited to stay. I think he's hoping.

Dee, I'm glad there's someone else in charge at the campground. Your dh doesn't need the stress.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”