Thursday Out of Inspiration PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thursday Out of Inspiration PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:04 am

What's your inspiration today?

How do you manage when you wake up tired with the donwannas?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday Out of Inspiration PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:07 am

I was inspired by Nancy's post from last night
I can do this a box or bag a day and the clutter goes away.

POTB Nancy!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 am

That is an inspiration, LadyM and Nancy!

I woke up tired this morning. I might have slept longer but alarm went off and ddog wanted me up so I got up. I'm supposed to pick up dcousin to visit dmom today.

Right now...trying to get moving....
-change clothes and walk the ddog
-breakfast and meds
-kitchen clean up
-s2s
-plan the day
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:58 am

I have enjoyed a quiet start to my day. I updated the calendar with four more of DMom's medical appointments. I don't even want to know how many medical appointments we have on the schedule this next month. I just take them one at a time and try not to look at everything so I don't become overwhelmed.

I have a few more minutes of quiet before waking DS9 and DGD7 up and getting them started on their day. I'm going to use this time to set up today's daily page and do some planning on projects.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:32 am

I'm trying to get 'inspired' myself! At least I'm up and about. It's a tad chilly in here but know the (extreme) heat is coming by tomorrow and for the next several days. Expecting a heat wave actually. Nancy's quote is inspiring. I've got mostly cookbooks up the ying yang and need to weed them out. Will ask dgd23, now that she has an apartment and is engaged if she'd like some of the nicer ones. Also have lots of things that were hers or her Mom's (dShelley) up in our storage unit. Can't wait to get them out of there. They've been in storage ever since dShelley passed away in '09. At one point a couple of years ago she'd demeaned the fact (so she thought) that all their pictures, etc had been tossed when we cleaned out their home. (Sure her father told them that :evil: ). When she said that, I told her, "K, I have all that stuff in storage for you when you're ready". She was one tickled gal! I was going to sort all that stuff, but you know what? I'm just giving her the bins to deal with. :lol: Not sure our dgs24 will ever have a place of his own for his stuff -so think it's all going to her. There's also a lot of stuff for her American Girl dolls. She gave away the dolls years ago, but there's plenty of clothes and furniture. Her daunts on her father's side always gave her some of that for birthdays and Christmas. Well that's all been 'off on a tangent'.

Just about through drinking my coffee and then it'll be time for me to get busy. DD and I need to go to a town today to get chips that are buy 2/get 3 free -that should take us through a few weeks. Also bought wrist bands for this Saturday's fireworks, etc here at the campground (probably the finest fire works display anywhere around) for dgs18 and his girlfriend. Going to drop them off to him on our way home. Reminds me I need to call in a prescription for antibiotics for dental work. Better get off here and do just that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:51 am

Ty for the pob! I did prune the front roses. Yea, sipping black coffee and writing out my affirmations I have lots of energy in the mornings and try to got to the important top three things first. Journaling evening pages helped me clarify my focus. Top tip Tues. / Thurs.

Fire works prep. For the pooch. Thinking of basement stuff to do with her. Speaking of basement reminds me of sheets that need washed.Bc I did mot get to em yestetday.

I need tp start a box of art stuff for dgd to go through.

I tried to convince h it was a good chain saw weekend for the apple tree. Not. Lol!

Wtg gals keep up the great work. I was doing some planning last nite yesterday thinking of the P & P plan as I continue to work through the kitchen cupboards. I have farm stuff , grandparents, kid, and grand kids stiff here I am not the keeper of the stuff!

Life has seasons and we are in a new season, other seasons pass and figuring out that season and what we use and need ia key. Thinking craft supplies etc.

dil is doing scrapbooking camp while dgd is at bball camp this week. That is her season what season are you in? Okay enough philosophical stuff back at it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:03 am

I am having trouble getting going today. I considered calling dcousin to see about putting off trip to see dmom today but left it as it. I can nap this afternoon if I need to, and this is probably a good activity for a lower energy day.

But I still need to get into the shower.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:11 am

Good morning d twins, d lady, d dee, d nancy and dearest everyone!!!

Inspiration: d nancy's Life has seasons!

I am trying to break myself out of the feeling I can't get to it all. Clutter took over. I have to remember routines, timer and I have plan for things in the future (lol no I don't but it sounds good 8-) ) I am off my BWP now and all my plates are falling :D :lol: I did accomplish my kitchen yesterday and even dinner! I have a cleaning company coming to do the house blessing on Saturday even though dh doesn't want it. Its at 10 and I figure that's okay.

dd younger was able to go to work yesterday (only mornings)! She came home and slept until 8 pm which really helped her. She was so happy to be able to work again even if she had to rest her body!

have a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:19 am

Set my trusty timer for 45 minutes and went in & took everything out of my 4 clothing drawers in our dresser (the top 2 are a lot of miscellaneous that I should get to -some day!). Took me 21 minutes to take everything out, sort and put back in a sensible order.

Been raining today but it's quit -for now.

I want to get a big planter for the front of our deck and have dh plant flowers in it for me. That's my inspiration for today.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:47 am

I like today's inspiration. One thing at a time. One day at a time. About all I can do most days.

Today's chores were stacked up. Checks to write and receipts to take care of in my job files and waivers to fill out for those checks. All that took a couple hours. Phone call from somebody who needed one of the checks asap...yesterday I couldn't leave a message for her as her answering machine was full. I'm not the only one who struggles to keep up. She always sounds stressed on the phone when I talk with her... and she's always desperate for our check. So I took that up to their office for them. Always glad to go the extra mile when somebody does a good job and gives us a good price.

There is a strange car out front so I know somebody has come to work with DH but I don't know about the job ticket yet. I also don't know about the bunny DH brought home yesterday... it is gone and the food and water dish is moved away up on a ledge. I suspect it died in the night. DH saw it in a ditch and picked it up and brought it home. It was calm in his arms with big wide open eyes and didn't struggle. :shock: We thought a bit of rest might make it ok and we would see about a vet today... or call wildlife center.

Like he said, at least it wasn't laying there to get run over on the busy road or dragged off by some predator. :cry:

Of course, after all that we had to go back out to that spot and hunt his phone which he must have dropped where he picked up the bunny. It was laying right there thank goodness. It is just an old flip phone but has all his phone numbers on it to make things happen while he is out working.

Today after dropping off check and papers, I went up to supermarket since I was halfway there already and found a sale on something we use regularly. Bought a whole cartload full and shlepped all that into the house with 1 hand/arm. I woke with a real ache in my hand, must have slept on it wrong again.

Next up: finish laundry (I know I know I've said that for the past 3 days)
Make up guest bed again.
Finish dailies.
Lunch.

Return to “Post When You Can”