Finally Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Finally Friday!

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:08 pm

I think I am just over it all. Tired and cranky and want to do very little. I've been doing some poking around in research (I hesitate to even call it research) this afternoon. Told dh I did not want to go to services tonight. He's been out so much, it would be nice if he came home and we did something together. OTOH I don't want to go out either.

Tomorrow will be better. I'll make a list and do it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:27 pm

Helped dd19 with the big production of changing furniture placement in her room. It's always a comedy of errors :lol: but the two of us get it done. One thing that always seems to happen to us is blocking an electric outlet somehow. It's okay - we figured it better this time. She wants a large space in the center of the room very clear this time, so that she can use an easel (or easel-substitute!) in various placements for the light, and be able to look at it from lots of angles.

Vacuuming into edges and corners of her room without barriers was very satisfying! The carpeting really does need replacing, though. Put that onto the list! :roll: She needs to clean her windows next.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:11 pm

The trip to the big city took 4.5 hours. Then DGS21 settled into our living room for another couple of hours of even more visiting. His stay also included eating dinner here. I am so very pleased for him. DGS21 has lost over 50 lbs by adopting the way I eat. Now he is teaching this way of eating to his dad.

I am about done for today. I am not confident with my driving skills in heavy traffic in big city so it zaps my energy. I much prefer the wide open road going 75mph and only 2 bar ditches to avoid.

We have an early wedding to attend tomorrow. The wedding starts at 9am. They made the wedding early because of the heat. This is a wedding like we have never had at our church. The couple getting married is about our age and have become very dear friends to DH and me.
They have been working on the wedding details for months and spared no expense. They have brought in a special film crew from the east coast and also hired a group of musicians from New York. It will be an interesting wedding, to say the least!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:39 pm

(((Twins)))

Harriet, I used to rearrange my bedroom furniture (before I married) ALL the time. I think my bed alone was in 6 different spots, back and forth. Can you believe I have NEVER rearranged one single piece in this house over the course of 33 years???
Oh no — I take that back. We used to have a trunk at the foot of our bed. It is in the study now, and a parson’s bench that used to be in ds’s room is at the foot of the bed now. Ds’s room had been through some minor changes over the years.

LadyM — I’m glad you all got to visit with dd today, and I hope you get some better news soon.

So — I couldn’t find the mistake in the checkbook, but I did get it to an even $30.
I finally just subtracted $30 and decided to hope it will show up next month.
Then I ate too many carbs and took a nap.
But, I walked away the pounds for 16 minutes. ;)
Maybe that’s good for something.

Waving to everyone!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:41 pm

I had a proud of my fur kid moment, & update about the kitten, it was under the shed at the trading post, the mom was dead had been shot several times with a pellet gun wondering if it was the kids that had been doing the vandilism. Any way afte the dog siffed out the kitten we investigated the stange sounds there & I told neighbor that works with the lost and found pet group that lives behingpd us. She later told me they found 5 kittens (eyes are open) they were hungry being bottle fed with fomula. Saw pics of some of em. They knew the drill I would have been clueless, they messaged one person had crates, another had food several came to help out. They got pics of the action and kittens being fed!

Return to “Post When You Can”