Finally Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Finally Friday!

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:15 am

It's finally Friday, and it's the last Friday and next-to-last day of the month, and the next-to-last day of the first half of 2018. It's so hard to believe that the year just keeps rolling by.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Finally Friday!

Postby BookSaver » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:18 am

You said it, Twins' Mom!
This week just disappeared POOF! along with the rest of June and the first half of the year. :shock:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:29 am

hi! hope you all have a great day! hi d twins and hi d book!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:32 am

Forecast for today: Excessive heat warning. Actual temp 96F, humidity 73%, no breeze, heat index 110F. Ooph.

I wanted to work in the yard to destroy some weeds, but that would be insane activity today since it's already too hot out there.

Techniques for coping with the heat with no central air in our house:

I just finished making a pasta salad to chill in the refrigerator for supper.

Mid-morning I'll go to the library to enjoy their a/c, read the newspapers, and attend a special program with a funny musician. (This will really mess up my usual routine, but I promised them I'd attend because they're paying for this entertainer and are hoping for a big crowd.)

For lunch I have a coupon for mcd's free slushee with purchase of a burger. I'll take 2 magazines with me and hang out there for a little while. If I don't tear anything out of the magazines, I can put them on the library's give-away rack. Otherwise, the magazines will go in my recycle bin. Either way, they'll be decluttered and out of the house.

This afternoon I have a sewing project to design and cut out. I can do that in the bedroom where we have a portable a/c unit. The project isn't anything special, just another Tshirt for work that needs to be altered. The neck is too tight, the sleeves are too tight and short, the body is much too tight around my hips. The shirt was a gift from a library sponsor so cannot be returned, and she will notice if I never wear it. I found a knit shirt in my mending basket which I'm going to cannibalize to combine the two shirts. The color of the old shirt is perfect to coordinate with the library illustration on the new shirt.

Tonight I'll either sew and watch TV or, if it's too hot in that room, I'll stay in the bedroom with the a/c and read a library book.

I have to work tomorrow but that will be ok because it will be just as hot tomorrow and the a/c at the library is working great. ;)

How do you cope with excessive heat?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:33 am

a little tired. dd younger worked too long yesterday and had to pull over at a gas station because she started to slur her words and her one side of her mouth went down. Thank goodness she realized she could not drive. She called my uncle in the same town she was in and he picked her up and drove 45 minutes home! so nice. I have to go pick up her car this morning and she is definitely not able to work this morning. I am thinking of getting her a med alert bracelet for when this happens.

I have been stress eating at night and ate a whole sleeve of cookies - I never do that and now feel yucky. I have never done that!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:12 am

Great idea, Blessedw2! I'd almost think she could certainly qualify for an alert device as well. Know they can be costly but what's the price on a life?

I have been so sleepy today. Started out great and suddenly was very sleepy and gave into it. DD called me -forgot she had to take dBiscuit for her 2nd round of puppy shots. Was pretty funny as she had treats for her for after the shots. Vet left the room while puppy gobbled the treats. She evidently suddenly realized something hurt and started yipping to beat the band. Vet & helper came back in laughing -talk about delayed reaction. :lol: Has to take her back in 2 weeks for more and another 2 weeks after that for a booster. She's already doubled her weight in the 2 weeks they've had her. Very food driven. She was found wandering along a road in Kentucky and rescued to here.

Have to run some celery, onions and pretzel bottom jello recipe over to DD. Back in a while...….
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:47 am

CUOP while drinking ice tea and sitting in front of a fan to cool down.

Bookie - I agree with you! We must take extra precautions during the high heat. I am fairly sure that is what caused DMom to get a UTI. Drinking the same amount of liquid during high heat days is not enough. The body needs more liquid in hot summer than it does the rest of the seasons.

I did some outside daily routines = front porch, dog care, pool maintenance and worked with the Earthboxes. I was dripping wet by the time I finished. It isn't hot yet (feels like 90 F) but the lack of wind affects how fast I get overheated.

I need to do some food prep. I'll have 5 here for lunch today. I'm not sure what I'll fix. Hamburgers are easy. 2 of us don't eat bread so I'll need to fix some grain. I think I have plenty of barley, amaranth, and hummus. I need to check. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:00 am

I have been out to water and weed a bit let the hens out early. Will walk the dog in a bit. Time for morning meds. Daily declutter habit is getting more in my routine. We are leaning more towards building a place trying not to get overly excited...

Did a rock drop, dog found a kitten told neighbor she posted in lost & found pets group. And where the kitten was found. There was a mama cat hanging around. Spaded up more weeds watering continues. Picked up old weeds to go in the eco load next. X Decluttered deck.

Walked w ddog.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:24 am

Dee, I think labs tend to be food driven. It's a blessing in terms of motivating them and a curse (when they put on weight!) DMuffin has lost so much weight, but hangs out in the middle of the kitchen whenever food is being handled.

I feel like I have hit a wall the last couple of days. I think I slept better last night, but was awake coughing around midnight so was up awhile until that was under control. I need to use the Flonase spray every day - my nasal passages were totally stuffy.

I've been reviewing some of the materials and details for the institute in Washington D.C. Lots of reading to do. It looks like it will cost me big time to park the car while there but otoh it will be handy.

I started writing this a long time ago and it's been sitting here....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Having a very dark cloudy day here and just had a rainstorm come through. I stepped out onto the porch and it was just steamy like a sauna. At least the sun isn't blinding bright. Hardly any house in FL is without a/c. That would be just nuts down here.

So today's helper came really really early and DH was still out at a store so I had to get up to let him in. I don't do early mornings. But since I was up I tackled my desk which was piled up with a lot of problems.

I could feel the stress mounting. Big statement for the month was here and had to be dealt with. Then I dealt with all the things DH had messed up. Got in the computer and canceled an auto renew we never authorized and requested a credit. Awful company. Canceled a subscription which had ongoing charges, expensive, every month. I'd like to take DH's credit card and hide it.

Ordered business checks as we are running out. Originally I thought I'd have enough till we retired. And we would have....Got enough for a year and I better not need all those. :evil:

So I am burned out right now and I'm going to sit in front of the TV and have lunch.

Return to “Post When You Can”