Saving Sat.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Saving Sat.

Postby CathyS » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi! Dh is still on vacation.

I was up very late last night reading. Just after midnight I was going to come here and start a thread entitled "Sultry Saturday" because it is so dang HOT and humid here. Lots of salads and naps.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi. Posting from my car in the driveway. Phone needed charged and our power has been out from 12:15 p.m. Got a message from Duke Energy saying that the cause was maintenance and repair crew is on its way and power should be on by 6:30 p.m. There are at least 30 customers out. Maybe and maybe not---it's still raining here.

Nancy, I'm glad the kittens are rescued, but sad about the mama cat.

Blessedw2, maybe after cleaning ladies come your dfam will help you more, for a little while anyway.

Dee...so sorry to hear about your dsoninlaw dmom.

I got a text from dgs-C this morning. He is at the Naval academy for a 5 day soccer camp.

So this morning I finished most of my daily routine and yesterday weekly cleaning was done. I'll get us a bite of lunch then find something to putter with. I just heard what sounded like a transformer blow out. BBL....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:00 pm

The wedding this morning was a fun event. It was definitely not a typical wedding in some sense but very traditional in other ways. Amazing ensemble with musical selection & voices that brought goosebumps to me. The wedding service lasted an hour but it was so enthralling that it seems like a couple of minutes.

It currently feels like 102F so I am limiting what I do outdoors. Because we left for the wedding before 8am I didn't get all my outside routines accomplished this morning while it is cool outside. I'll be skipping them today. It frustrated me a tiny bit to not get them done. I've learned that it takes minutes to keep a room organized and clean VS spending hours when the room is cluttered and dirty. I don't want to go back to spending hours so I am diligent in keeping up with the daily routines......but the high heat trumps it today.

I will be making another 4 hour trip to big city later today. I will visit DSIL again and then bring DGD7 home with me. She is spending today with DSIL family and we will all meet at the hospital to make the transfer. Hopefully, the more I make this trip the better I will become at it. Yesterday I saw an SUV flip on the interstate so I called 911 to report it. Thankfully a bus pulled over and the passengers poured out to help the SUV occupants so there was an abundance of hands-on help. Then a few miles down the road a motorcycle passed me going about 90 MPH and once he got in front of me, HE LIFTED BOTH HANDS OFF THE MOTORCYCLE AND STOOD UP WITH HIS HANDS RAISED TO THE SKY. I kid you not!!! ARGH! I don't know how he could balance the motorcycle going that fast with strong winds. After what seemed like forever but was probably only 3-5 seconds he sat back down on the motorcycle and drove even faster.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:41 pm

my house is a home again. d girls were impressed! dh said it was fine 8-) :roll: I say it is beautiful!!!
I can start at square one again on Monday!

dd's body is hurting but she has work today at 4 and I am hoping she will feel better - it's horribly hot today. It is 95 degrees with 51 % humidity. I am hoping she doesn't have a problem. I might have to pick her up and leave her car there until tomorrow.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:48 pm

I am so happy that your wedding was so fun d lady! I know it frustrates you a bit to put off the work but you know it's there - you see it and you have a plan for it. Today is too hot to do it.

The motor cyclist has no idea how dangerous he is being. :shock: wow

hi d Sunny! hope your dgs has a wonderful time!

hi d cathy!

hi d twins! so happy he came home in a better mood... lol maybe you can send my dh some of that better mood! lol

hi d everyone.

eating out with d mom tonight - I have no idea where. She is enjoying having us home again and I am having fun being home!

straightened up my journal again. It was getting cluttered.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:06 pm

We have cut down the apple tree, cut it up hauled it out of the back yard and loaded all but the bigger pieces.

We got the other hen cage for isolation dismantled ready to go.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 pm

I don't think I "saved" Saturday, or Friday either, for that matter. DH and I just did absolutely nothing yesterday, except take a ride in the forest, and that was pretty nice, I must say.
And today was pretty much a washout too. I guess after a few days of Granddaddy and Nana duty, we just have to shut down for a bit. (I continue to just stare in amazement at Lord & LadyM.)

However, last night, I did manage to sort through a HUGE stack of papers in the bathroom. That sounds silly, doesn't it? Remember, my bathroom is sorta my "command central." I have a vanity space, so it makes a pretty good desk. I have my card file in there, and my Bible and journal/notebook, plus a lot of misc paperwork. :idea: If any one has ideas for organizing this stuff, please share. Probably 99% of it needs to go in the garbage.
I have
* a large binder with organizational stuff... printouts from this site and Flylady and a bunch of other things like magazine articles, and notes to myself, various organizational "plans" etc
* a folder with healthcare stuff... records from annual check-ups, etc
* a ziploc bag with exercise & fitness tips/diet info, magazine articles, etc
* a folder where I write down the funny things dgs says
* a folder where I someday will write down things dgd says
* several devotional books
* magazine articles and misc printouts re: devotional/inspirational items I thought needed remembering

I suppose the only way to keep this stuff in any useable fashion is to put each category in a binder/folder and periodically review & discard.

At least, I got the stack sorted somewhat and it doesn't fall over every time I touch anything now.

TODAY, I have downloaded/labeled/edited pictures from my phone to the computer in preparation for printing.

That is it. DGS is here now.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:09 pm

Sorta envying Nancy having the apple tree removed! ;) I dreamed last night that my cousin's husband came over and redid all my shrubs and landscaping. (Crazy dream b/c dcousin's husband does NOT do this kind of work at all.) But it was really nice when he finished it all in my dream, LOL!

LadyM, so glad you enjoyed the wedding and got to visit with dd again. That motorcyclist! :shock: Wow. He will be lucky if he lives to do that many more times. People are just CRAZY.

Waving to Sunny, Cathy, Twins... and EVERYONE else.
]I"m trying to cuop but not doing very well, b/c a little person keeps showing me pictures on my phone and saying, "Do you know what flag THIS is?"

Blessed, WTG on getting your house all done and ready for fresh start Monday. I'm envious of you too! :lol: (((HUGS))) for dd.

(((HUGS))) also for dsil and family, Dee.

he makes himself so frustrated and unhappy over the littlest things. He is a man of his own routines. He loves to putz and do the stuff he likes to do each day.

Yes, (((Blessed))) How well IKWYM...
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:06 pm

Lucyl. Wtg on the papers you went through.

I raked up the messy bits in the back yard twigs and such. It is looking better. Watch some of the air show from the front yard.
I spiffed up after dinner fed the animals. Cool breezy and cloudy here 80* outside. Got pie out of the freezer. Remembered to hydrate throughout the day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:54 pm

Another trip to the big city hospital is in the books. That is 3 trips done in the last 4 days. Thankfully it was a boring trip there and back today. There was no wrecks or crazy motorcycle drivers to astound me.

Sweet Dreams
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”