IT'S JULY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: IT'S JULY

Postby lucylee » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian SHEs!!!

And Happy Birthday To Mr. Dee!!!

AND Happy Anniversary to Nancy and DH!!!

LadyM, I thought dgd was going to spend a week or so with her uncle and aunt.

A quiet afternoon here, but the dgrands will arrive in an hour or so and be here for an hour or so. They may go to Wmart with us. That will be an adventure. But they are both usually good, so it will be fine if they do. (DS and DDIL are going to Sun night bible study, since ds is home for a change on a Sun.)

I am really going to make an effort to start the week right this time. Routines Regardless. That will be my mantra for the week — DO the thing REGARDLESS of how I feel or what interruptions come my way. 15 MIN IS MAGIC, 5 MIN IS A GOOD START.
Tomorrow is another day.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Happy Anniversary to Nancy and dh.
[/Happy Birthday to Mr. DeeClutter.b]
[b][/Happy Canada Day to all our dCanadian friends.b]

Hello to everyone. Well, it is definitely hotter and sunnier than it was yesterday. Our electric power finally came back on at 5 p.m. It was a boring five hours, but we managed.

Today was our normal Sunday routines starting with breakfast and watching our church service on-line. After that was light chores, etc. I spent the afternoon resting and reading with a short nap.

Supper tonight was tomato soup and a grilled cheese with bacon and tomato sandwich. Next to do is K P duty then I will be ready to start the new week/month tomorrow morning.

Perseverance is the key, [b]Lucy!
You can do it!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:02 pm

Thanks everyone the for the wishes. We went to the buffet for lunch it was tasty. I got the pasta cooked, it is ready for lunches also boiled up eggs that need peeled for lunches.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:04 pm

kittykatt introduced herself and has a sweet new avatar.

PaperTamers Mid-Year Tidy thread posted in Organization forum.

Canada Day was already in the Cardfile thread start last evening.

We had one of the best Sunday mornings we've had in a long time. Because everyone was more relaxed, many hung around and just chatted with "our" visitor, so I think that was good for all. Nice to have dd19 do the musical "heavy lifting" lol, so that I could be calmer. And the young man could see how she manages that. It's been a part of her life he has known about but has seldom seen. Lunch did turn out to be at a restaurant and I probably ate too much but very pleasant.

My hopes and dreams for tomorrow are
Write study lesson, be prepared
Dreaded phone calls finish
Some Desk Day
Visit colorist (nope - will have to wait a week)
Planning for week's papertaming, cleaning

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:58 pm

What LM said about routines is true for me. I need to get back on my routines, laundry meeds attn. I need to do ten min. Of yd. Wk. And one thing on my planning routine that got inavertenly omitted in my recient planner change over.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:10 am

:arrow: Groceries bought and put away, mostly on my own (once we got outside of Wmart) b/c dh is just really not feeling well. I am calling doctor tomorrow and hoping he will prescribe a change in bp medicine for dh to try until he sees doctor at the end of the month or first of August.

The week ahead will be busy, but as I said before, I am telling myself: ROUTINES, REGARDLESS. LadyM is exactly right. I may have been exhausted a lot of the time while I was teaching, but I knew I functioned better on a set schedule. That is the absolute hardest thing about retirement. And sometimes, PEOPLE just have to come before ROUTINES. Sometimes there is no choice. But I think I'd see a big difference in my life if I could just hang on to routines when people were NOT needing attention. I can't use all my PEOPLE for excuses ALL the time! :roll: :oops:
PERSEVERANCE! Thank you, Sunny, for that encouragement!

Monday -- t-ball @ 7:00 -- also several DPC!
Tuesday -- t-ball @ 7:00, but most likely the dgrands will be here from noon till 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. (ddil work/school; ds out of town)
Wednesday -- fireworks that night with ds & family -- we'll go to a large public display in Next Town. I doubt we'll do anything else. Even if dcousins invite us to something, dh probably needs to stay home. He does not need to be out in the heat any more than necessary, (IMHO), and it's going to be a pretty tiring week with the dgrands here so much. And next week will be about the same.
Thursday -- dgrands will be here noon-9/10 again (ddil work/school; ds out of town) OH -- and I have to climb Mt. Ironmore that day!
Friday -- dgrands will be here for most of the afternoon, while ddil goes to dentist appt, ds out of town

Really need to visit my colorist this week, too, Harriet! Seems like I'm needing that more frequently these days... I sorta wish I had never started coloring my hair. My ddad's hair just sorta eased into a lighter and lighter shade, and when he passed away at 73, he still wasn't completely gray. I think mine would have done that if I had left it alone. But no... I didn't do that... and now the gray really shows up if I go too long between coloring. * sigh * :evil:
BTW -- so glad you had such a nice Sunday!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”