Monday - Starting Six Months now

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Monday - Starting Six Months now

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:24 am

Monday again, and this time we're starting the last six months of 2018. The Best Self journal that I use has a corollary book that advocates planning in 12 week segments. It's a way to get a new start every three months and accomplish more along the way. If we set up goals for 1 January and are "over it all" by Feb we may not think of getting a fresh start so often.

So let's use this as a restart, as needed, for some planning for 12 weeks or the rest of 2018 and make the most of it.

(Says someone who hasn't planned the week so far, much less the next 12 weeks...)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Monday - Starting Six Months now

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 am

Dfriend M and I are going to go around the block a couple of times in a little more than 30 minutes so I need to get crackin'. I'm going to have breakfast and take meds and change clothes, will need to s2s later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 am

Good Morning!

Twins - Thanks for the start and much-needed reminder.

I slept well last night and woke up refreshed and ready to take on the day. For the first time in over a week, I don't have to be out the door before 9am. I am feeling incredibly relaxed and as if I was on a vacation. :)

LadyM, I thought dgd was going to spend a week or so with her uncle and aunt.

Me too. I don't know what happened. All I know is DD asked me to come get DGD7. I have learned not to ask questions because an answer will be given but it may not be the truth. I find it easier to choose to not participate in the drama and just focus on counting my many blessings.

Today has nothing on the calendar. There is a storytime & craft event I'll probably take DS9 and DGD7 to at 1pm but it isn't a must-attend event. DH handed out all but 3 of the monthly & quarterly checks (from the church) this weekend so he will be delivering the last 3 checks today and making a trip to CPA office to drop off the offering. It is a homeschool day but even that is much relaxed in the summer. Routines will be done because they bring calmness and order.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 am

yesterday I ended up with a weather induced headache and slept the day away. Grateful the weather system is past us now! The weather is cooler which is nice!

I am glad you slept well d lady! I am so happy there isn't anything on the calendar that needs immediate attention.

hi d twins. have fun with your walk
Thank you for starting us d twins!
oh my goodness it can't be so that we have had 6 months of mondays! :D I love Mondays but come on!!! 8-) :D
I am trying the 12 week program but always forget. ;) I will do it this time around.

happy day to you all!!!! I know d sadie has been very busy but I am thinking of her as she works through her day with her little ones!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:08 am

Not cooler here, Blessed. The heat has really done a number on me!

Dh is leaving for a funeral mass in just a few minutes. He's really mumbling about the things that never got done around the campground this weekend or this morning.

(Says someone who hasn't planned the week so far, much less the next 12 weeks...)
I'm giggling, Twins.

My brain's simply not working yet. Got up at 6:30 for the bathroom and went back to bed until 9am. Dh said he was worried -I'm just exhausted from the weekend. Knew I would be. Now to catch up again.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:49 am

I hope your heat dissipates. We had a storm last night and it blew it out. I hope the cool reaches your state soon!!! d dee!

ok I did the computer rabbit hole again.
so I pulled my morning routine and will not allow myself to wander on the computer.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:50 am

We had a good day yesterday and looked at a few places from the outside sticker shock. Talked a lot about various things, family, the upcoming changes and what we will do next week and today.

I skipped a page in my journal so drew the apple tree logging on that page. Geting back on track with my spiritual journal feels good it is set up 3 pages for a day so I can put notes down and find em. I have done planning and got one cage wire frame moved to go to the front yd for loading after h gets off work.

Started laundry and staged a few more things from the behind the hens run. One of the hens was waiting to get in when I went out to feed today at 5:30 oops. :roll:

Have a great day waving to all. Hydration reminder. It is cool here till Thurs.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:31 am

Sat down in front of a fan to cool down. I've spent the last hour out at the pool doing maintenance, planting tomato & peppers while watching the kids swim. I should have just jumped into the pool to cool down but I didn't want to deal with more wet clothes. I let the kids jump in this morning with their clothes on just because we could....but there are consequences to these spur of the moment fun ideas. Lots of dripping clothes!

So far today I've completed-
D -Dishwasher
D -Laundry
D - Vitamins - Me, S & M
D -Calendar checked and updated
D -Pool Maintenance
D -EarthBoxes
D -Kids swimming
D -My devotional - FFT
D - Water bottles, Tea, Coffee set up

Next up -
D - Homeschool lessons set up
D -Call Mom
D -Fun Room
D -Living Room
D - Dog water & Food
D -Porch
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:53 am

ordered 2 medical bracelets for dd younger - I paid extra shipping so that it will come tomorrow. (I hope) because she is working July 4.

dishes are emptied and refilled and turned on again. dd younger made dinner yesterday and left the dishes for herself for today. I had a headache and was just grateful that she made dinner and went grocery shopping.

counters washed

dealt with a passive aggressive (through joking :| ) about the cleaning ladies again. I had said How happy I was to see him feeling better. I also had to say no passive aggressive and that my goal was to say I am glad he was feeling better. I finally had to say that if he wants to be so unhappy and live it all the time I can't or won't do it as I choose to be happy, but it is his choice for him and that's okay but that he deserves better for himself. I know his grandfather was like this except mean. He agreed he is making this a habit again. Life is so short to be unhappy for little things like the cleaners cleaning the back of the pictures. It is not about the pictures. It is about having someone coming into our home and spending the money - my money not his.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:54 am

hi d lady look at you!!! well done!

hi d nancy I totally understand the sticker shock! praying the right home comes your way.
waving to you as well.

Return to “Post When You Can”