Wednesday Weighing Our Options

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Wednesday Weighing Our Options

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:40 am

We've all got so many options for today!

Plenty of choices for our own priority order. Rearrange to suit needs. Have an attitude adjustment. :idea: Possibly, a 52-card pick-up!

We know there are lots of ways we might accomplish something important to us. If one method hasn't worked, we weigh our options and choose another.

LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday Weighing Our Options

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:56 am

Harriet- Great theme for today. Thank you!

Today I am choosing to kukaro. When reading my devotional this morning they gave this description of kukaro.
In Micronesian, there's a word, kukaro, which has no corresponding word in English. When people say they are going to kukaro, they mean they are going to relax, sit around, and hang out. They are being, not doing.

After 20 days of being in the hospital, DSIL came home yesterday. Which meant DGD7 went home too. I didn't realize how much stress I was under with 24/7 care of DGD7 until it was removed. I am feeling mighty exhausted and ready to kukaro while my energy bucket recovers.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:33 am

loved the 52 card pick up :D :D :D good morning d harriet. thank you for starting us. very insightful about weighing our options before making decisions.

d lady glad your d sil came home. having normalcy back is a breath of fresh air!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:40 am

thrilled that I got dd youngers medical bracelets before she goes to the beach for 4th of july. Last year she had to stay at someones house because her words were all scrambled. (she had a migraine and didn't know she was talking gibberish). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG7NuH5QTdE This happens to dd. She knows what she thinks she is saying but not knowing what others hear.

I have had 4 headaches and lots of sleep this week - which my house went poof like a puffy dandelion. Yesterday I slept again all afternoon. Tell me Don't panic!!! I have to make an appetizer for todays parade. :shock: One baby step at a time... thinking of just buying spinach dip and hawaiian bread for others. dd -- something gluten free/dairy free - thinking of buying hummus

okay I need to start!
pulling cards/journal think

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:44 am

Good Morning Blessedw2!

I am choosing to continue with routines today including homeschool. Since we are doing a summer homeschool lesson plan it only takes about an hour. Today's lesson plan includes a science lesson = What gives fireworks their color? The Science Of Firework Color

Kitchen routine completed.
Company ready routine underway
Personal care routine underway
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:52 am

Good Morning d Lady! I love the video!!! It is so fun to learn!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:57 am

getting timer out. watched Kat. I don't want to get sucked up into computer land.
a new day - I love it. trying not to put pressure on myself for the perfect 4th of July bc have headaches most of the week.

I wish dh would take a taxi to our house so I could spend the time with dd at the beach and see the fireworks. I have missed fireworks 8 years in a row bc he can't drive with so many people and it is an about an hour away.
I would love to go. I will ask but I know that he won't go to the parade at his sister's house and I don't want him to have to miss it.

timer is ready for morning routine!

Wishing you all a wonderful 4th of july!!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:27 am

Our little town is holding its celebration on Saturday. Individuals will be setting off fireworks at community park tonight as well as Saturday. My side of the extended family is gathering at DSis home this evening. I'm not sure how many of the 5 generations will be attending but there are usually a couple dozen at least. I want to be home by sunset when the fireworks start to make sure our furkids don't freak out.

Company ready routine completed
Personal care routine completed
Homeschool routine underway.
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:38 am

I had already decided I was going to treat today as a 'usual day' and get my routines done and be ACTIVE! Have to take a can of olives over to dd soon so she can make pasta salad for tonight's dinner.

It actually got quite cool during the night but is well on the way to upper 80's. But that's better than 90's. It's beautiful out right now but I think it's supposed to storm later. We could use the rain. Sure they could use it out west as well. All the fires and mudslides each year just blow my mind.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:51 am

It's hot hot hot here! I need to get moving and get ddog walked before anything else.

We are going to the pool at noon for a get together with the neighbors, don't know what the rest of the day holds.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”