Thursday Thimbles and Mending

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Thursday Thimbles and Mending

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:40 pm

I have really had my nose to the research grindstone today. I enjoy this so much. Then realized it was past 6 p.m. and dh would be home soon and I hadn't started supper. Then realized he had gone to the shiva - perhaps I should have also but too late when I remembered.

I didn't get all of a.m. routine done, so I'm doubling back on it.
-kitchen counters
-make the bed
-breakfast bar
-sort laundry and start a load to hang up

Speaking of flowers, I had a lot of volunteers from my "Cut and Come again Zinnias" last year, and I also scattered some seeds. I just picked myself a pretty bouquet that I'll put upstairs in my office to enjoy. They are mixed in with my two tomato plants - one of which is not happy :cry: - I just added another basil since there's room where not all the zinnia seeds sprouted and the second basil - in a raised bed - isn't happy either. And I can never ever have enough basil. In a good year I freeze some also.

Saw that a local sunflower farm is open for business. $15 for all the sunflowers you can get in a bucket, self picked. They do a big business with professional photographers coming in also for sessions.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:47 pm

a quick hi!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Vacuuming and doing laundry here PLUS dgrands have been here since 3:30. They’ll be going home fairly early though — ddil said a short night at class. I’m cooking supper now — just wanted to pop in and wave at everyone!

Our house (and ds’s) both have very open floor plans — which I agree, can have pros and cons. It would be very nice if one did not walk RIGHT IN on the playroom/catch-all area at ds’s House, for example.
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi!

Just popping by to see if Dee has had any rain lately. We have temps in the 80s up to 100 every day for at least a week. It looks and feels like we might get a storm tonight.

I went to KFC and got a 20 piece bucket of chicken with no sides for supper tonight. I already had a bunch of cold salads.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:37 pm

It is hot here h is in the basement enjoying the coolest part of the house. The smoke has gotten better here winds have shifted. Red flag warnings toll Sat. In the area. Midnite is the last time they can do fire works. All dog owners are concerned. Glad when it is over.

KFC closed here a few years ago.

H. Said he did not need to keep any of the stuff I sorted today.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Mending Oops-
dgson6 dropped Tobias' ceramic bowl today while so much was going on and he was trying to be helpful. Sigh. It's the cat face kind with little ears and now one is broken off. I hope we can fix it - it's been so easy to keep clean. I know I mentioned super-glue this morning, but I didn't intend that to be an omen!

Thimbles Smile -
As we walked along the sidewalk today there was an alterations place with a large window drawing of a lady seated at a sewing machine and dd said, "Oh, there's my Mom."

I allowed the girls to talk me into supper out with them. We ate at the little sidewalk pizza place dd and I ate before with Kathryn and Ken. But we ate in the AC. I took the girls' photo together as they drew on the communal blackboard there.

Tomorrow I'll need to have a 5x5 including
make deposit
make DPCall
Call dentist

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:42 pm

With open floor plans, there has to be a happy medium. I don't care for the thing with no walls. One wall with an open pass through window would be just enough to not have the cook feel isolated by herself while the fun happens in the other part of the great room. Mine is sorta like that. Open with a snack bar area to the dining room and the living room. But the family room is more secluded. I have had many times when people came and stayed to talk in the living room and the kids went into the family room where the tv and music is. It's the visual clutter I don't care to see from all areas of the house. And who scrubs their pots and pans before they eat? Those plans where everybody sits around a big island counter leaves a visual of all the dirty dishes. Yuck!

We had a huge rain storm this afternoon. They were showing pictures of it one county south of us and I was worried because DH had traveled down there to pick up stuff... but thankfully he got north of it before it hit where he was. He said the sky was black in his rear view mirror. :shock:

I got all my errands done this afternoon. One thing I was unable to find but I will check another store on the way home from dr. appointment tomorrow.

Speaking of that, I need to do a manicure tonight. You wouldn't believe how your nails grow long on the hand you're not using much!

Return to “Post When You Can”