Fried Chicken Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Fried Chicken Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:28 pm

not cleaning and tired d harriet - so you are one up on me 8-) :D have fun with your sweet dd

great job on donations d nancy

hi d Cathy Oh I am sorry your lovely neighbour is moving! He sounds like a nice guy
well done on your work! so happy your weather is cooperating and giving you gentle breezes

hi d harmony praying for you old state and that there isn't any flooding
also praying that your blood supply to that area improves! It is so hard not being able to do things. Wishing you the absolute best!

hi d lady so lovely d lady! I am glad your church is behind them.
have fun with your d grandson 21

hello everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:31 pm

dh and I had lunch at the local (he loves it) coffee shop (not with the healthiest fare) :shock: but it was nice catching up. He has been cleaning the garage and getting rid of things - first time in 20 years woo-hoo!!! he is doing a great job!

we then went to hardware store where I got paint for the lights outside in front.

I haven't finished the morning routine.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:15 pm

bedroom #2 done left dd a note to put away a gross mason jar of water with fruit - you can imagine :shock: ;)

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi everyone! I love fried chicken, but it just doesn't appeal to me right now. I ate too much last night and followed with too much lunch today. I'm not watching my weight, but am feeling my normally background stomach issue. I'm just generally out of sorts after waking up wondering what would make me happy and how to get it. All connected with the changes that are going on at payroll where I am not really 100% sure of the path I am planning and what I really want. Also not sure what to do about a call from a recruiter. I did reach the conclusion that a romantic relationship is still way more trouble than it is worth.

I have so much stuff to do: planning/purchasing stuff for vacation, home email backup (including the recruiter email), yet more bills, etc, etc, etc. I did finally de-cat DD16's room and pay the one very large bill. Someone was giving away a high chair, so I snagged it for my church's free store.

Elizabeth's Own Roofing Repair has another job, the kitchen leak has returned. Easy fix, but I need to wait until (1) medical restrictions are lifted and (2) DD is here so I can get on the roof.

Now I want an annulment so I can get the Pope's autograph. Not likely as I am not Catholic.

At payroll, I have 697 potential no-shows I have to look into.

I didn't know DeeClutter had a Tiny House!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:41 pm

My 'tiny' house is 'destination' RV, Elizabeth. We live in a campground not too far from where we owned a home for over 40 years. We stay here during the summer and then back with dd and dsonil in FL -who live in a 4,000 sq foot house. Some difference. We have a fairly good sized suite there. (20x14 bedroom, a bathroom/shower and a 12x12' office). Plenty for me to keep up as I also do most of the upkeep in dd's 'great room' -that includes an entryway -huge-, a living area, kitchen and separate dining area. There's a 3rd guest bathroom and dd has an 'art' room. Then their end is a huge bedroom, 2 walk-in closets and a very large bath/shower.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Norma

Postby Norma » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:53 pm

Rosie - good to hear about your friend finally getting her annulment. They are not easy to come by and take a long time. Mr. Guy and I never have done this (me Catholic, him Swedish Lutheran) because of all the complications involved. My Priest in Seattle wanted to do it for us but we decided we would not want to do all that. (I will take my chances and maybe slide in under the door as it is closing. :lol: )

Fish and Chips day at our favorite sports bar so we indulged. Had my nails and toes done early this morning so I am all set. For what I don't know. Just the weekend I guess.

We have a great guy to do the "stuff" around our place that Mr. Guy can't do anymore. Yesterday he trimmed 4 shrubs and 1 tree. Monday he will paint the front porch and then I am sure I can find more for him to do. At our ages we just can't do it all anymore. In fact Mr. Guy is urging me to order my groceries on line from our favorite store and just go pick them up. I am almost tempted. We could do the same in AZ.

This weekend I am working with a list and by Sunday night I want the list completed. :roll: We will see!
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi d norma! hi d Elizabeth! hi d dee!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:43 pm

I'm home from town and spending time with DGS21.

When I got home DH asked if I saw the letter from IRS. Nope. He said the letter says we owe $10k. I thought DH was joking. Nope. I've sent a note to our CPA but since it is a holiday weekend I probably won't heard anything for a few days. I am 95% sure the letter is some sort of mistake and we don't owe that, but I need the CPA expertise to confirm it. In the meantime, I am just going to hang out in my denial bubble. The REALLY good news is......it took me less than a minute to pull out our 2016 tax paperwork. I knew exactly where it was.

After being in and out of the heat a dozen times this afternoon I am feeling zapped. I'm putting my feet up and going to relax.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kasalia!!!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:34 pm

Thanks for cluing us in that it's Kasalia's birthday today, Lady M. Happy birthday, Kasalia! (I've listed you in our members only section btw).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:03 pm

It has been fairly quiet here in my little corner of Florida. I just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone. Happy Birthday Kasalia!

We've had our share of thunderstorms and rains here, not every day though. But it has been HOT! If we have shopping or errands to do we try to go earlier in the day so as not to be out in the hottest part of the day.

Dson#2 told dh today that he will come after his half-day of work tomorrow to mow and trim the grass. He did this just two weeks ago and some of it is tall and going to seed. The reseeding part is ok as it helps keep the grass thicker.

We had a quiet 4th, dh and I. We didn't go anywhere, but ddil#1 came to visit, brought all four dgkids and their black lab, StevieB. We haven't seen them since Christmas, I think, and they have all grown, especially the two boys. We have talked with them on the phone, but real life visits are much better. They were here for a couple of hours and it was non-stop talking and laughing; catching up on all their doings. Ddil also borrowed our carpet cleaner. I told her she could keep it; (I hope it still works). Anyway, after they left I made some macaroni salad to go with the cold meatloaf sandwiches for an indoor picnic supper. We watched A Capital Fourth show and fireworks. It was a good show this year.

I'm just about ready for my weekend break. Only a few weekly routines will be done tomorrow morning, then my time is my own. DMinnie is barking to come back in from her last walkabout. See you all later.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”