Saturday, Solving Puzzles

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Saturday, Solving Puzzles

Postby Harmony » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:10 pm

I've been itching to get my last jigsaw puzzle out of the closet to work on. The grandkids and I took apart all the other ones all over the dining room table so we could use the table. Being a good housekeeper and waiting till all the house chores are done.

I don't usually work this hard on Saturdays but yesterday after my dr. apt. and shopping I was just a slug and napped a lot. So today I am catching up a lot of stuff.

Lots of stuff on my desk I took care of and I'm ready to take everything off and wash it up. There is a lot of lint and scrapings from my picture work I did there.

Stripping beds, have 1 batch soaking. (DH bleeds awful bad now that he's taking a baby aspirin every day). There's always spots from all the scrapes etc. he gets working. I had to wash a blanket the third time. I found a grease spot on it which took a bunch of tries to get off. Think it happened on the pull-out couch bed somewhere and I missed it. 2nd time it was washed was because I didn't get it hung up and left it in the dryer to unwrinkle too long. :roll: I need to do better.

Came to my attention from my book reading that I've been not finishing every job completely. Things I sorta did and thought I could leave till later...a lot of that... and I am doing things differently now and results are so much better. I folded laundry and hung up 1 LOL. Emptied the shredder, cleaned up the floor (messy job) and put a new bag in office wastebasket. It all looks so much better around here.

Will keep on a bit around here then stop. It is so hard with 1 hand. The shredder was too heavy I shouldn't have done that. The gallon of milk even weighs too much. ACK!

LadyM, I listened to the song. I don't generally like rap but this one has an awesome message.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KASALIA!!

Cathy, good buy on the necklace(s)!
Last edited by Harmony on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Dsonil cooked breakfast for all of us this morning (7). Tasted so good. We have a wedding congratulations party about 500' from here this afternoon. Actually dh is leaving earlier to cook salt potatoes. It's very informal so I'm wearing jeans and a Orlando Solar Bears hockey shirt. May as well get some wear out of them. The father is the friend who is always bringing us samples (almost always too large) of his cooking. The other day he ended up bringing a bought banana cream pie. Both dd and ds-R have been invited to an '80' party across from DS's place. So we all have places to go.

DGS13 had his physical the other day. He's in the 6% tile for his height and 11% for height. He is small but we keep waiting for that 'hollow leg syndrome'. They kept him home an extra year as he didn't turn 5 until November 11th. Even so he's much shorter and smaller than most of dd's students in 7th grade and definitely way smaller than her 8th graders. One of these springs we're going to come back north and say, "What happened to TJ?"

Dh sharpened a knife he was peeling wire with. Well you know what happened with that! Several paper towels and bandaids later...... Insisted he didn't need to go for stitches -nor would he take the time -OF COURSE!

My friend with the ovarian cancer 2 RV's down hasn't been here for a month. Her dh had come each week to mow his lawn but didn't even do that in the last week & a half or so. Know she's been in and out of the hospital. She no longer can take chemo treatments and they had her on an experimental drug but I rather think that's not going very well either.

On to my PODA. I'm only listing one very specific item at a time and marking it done. Makes for an impressive list by the end of the day -especially when I don't think I've done 'anything'. And suddenly, wallah! The RV looks spiffy again.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:33 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASSALIA!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:36 pm

DD younger remembered where our tickets were - yay - they were in my file on top of my desk = all current things and very few things in it :shock: 8-) I actually didn't want to go and just stay home but I do have the tickets.

I am in that panic mode - probably from trying to find the tickets in the cars - thank goodness I cleaned the cars yesterday.
I am over goal-ing today and I know I can't do it all.

did my 1" of paperwork - listed spending.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:42 pm

I want to say individually but I am in anxiety mode. :shock: 8-)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:21 pm

bw2, I'm so sorry for the anxiety. Hope it will recede and give you peace.

I ran errands, but forgot to get a bottle of wine for dfriend for birthday. I did get her a card - very classy - Age and glasses of wine.....should NEVER be counted. She will get a kick out of it, I'm sure. We can stop a grocery on the way I hope. I'm not going back out.

Dh not home yet, I am going to treat myself to a nap!

Ah, a ta dah to mention! Yesterday the local Humane society posted on Facebook that they needed used bed linens or towels for animal bedding - and I had a BIG box in the garage that I dropped off. I am beginning to hope that I will get my car back into the garage.

Surprised that the course I am taking is sold out already - only 3.5 hours since registration opened at 11. I'm glad I went ahead and made a decision, I was wavering about what course to take.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:36 pm

(((Blessed))) just remember, you can only add one puzzle piece at a time — sticking with our theme of the day.

I’m going to “visit my colorist” in a bit, but right now I’m still just watching dh sleep and watching the Civil War doc he put on tv. I’ve been napping too, but having some stomach distress.

Waving to all!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:55 pm

Back home by nine took a load to the dump.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Okay, I did the grocery shopping (grumble, grumble). Wish I could have had help with that.

I had a long, serious talk with Tobias about holding up his end of the work around here. If he would just do the grocery shopping for me I could have the house so nice by the time he got back.

Anyway, really quite a dreaded chore when I'm alone, and I'm genuinely tired when everything is finally trudged inside and all put away. It's done now so that's a feather in my cap.

Happy Belated Birthday to Kasalia.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Still getting things done. Sheets are hanging up, mattress pad is drying in dryer.

I swept and mopped the kitchen and most of the common areas. Desk is wiped down.

More laundry folded up and put away.

Boy it doesn't sound like much but it really is.

Return to “Post When You Can”