Saturday, Solving Puzzles

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Saturday, Solving Puzzles

Postby lucylee » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Headed right to s2s/color my hair.
* DH (from his shower) -- when does school start?
-- went to check website, printed calendar, have no idea why he wants to know
* Dmom (on the phone) -- for no apparent reason
-- talking talking talking
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:48 pm

Did two rounds of digging and filled the hole by the coop, watered the grass, pruned by the arbors by the gates.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:02 pm

hello hello

I am still anxious but I asked dh pick up a fruit tray - I was thinking small - he bought a 37$ fruit tray :shock: ;) so sweet, though, he did it for me. :D
he also bought a oldish veggie tray for me as well. I will add it to soup tomorrow after I cut off the brown ends. . I said thank you and that I was grateful for him saving my some time; so he is happy.

more laundry folded and put away, another load is in the dw. d mom took 3 small bags of dd youngers laundry - dd could have done it but d mom wanted to help her.

vacuumed first floor and dusted floor.
now time for shower and then head out.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Hoorah! I am s2s and my hair is nicely colored!
Back in the recliner now with Gatorade and Imodium.

Good for your dh — and you, blessed! Hang in there!

WTG to all of you, btw! I’m posting on phone and it’s hard to look back.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Got stung today, out of baking soda, it syill hurts. Had h look at it. I iced it. Got more pruning done, moved a couple more things to load up later next time we do a dump run. Dinner is done I neef to clean up and get a load over to the dryer. I picked up the kitchen cooked noodles and h finished his pasta salads for his lunches.

Found a yellow jacket nest under the deck table so I will get rid of them in the morning.

I need to s2s as well.
LucyL. you look lovely.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:14 pm

Boy it doesn't sound like much but it really is.
Really?!! Sounds like a lot to me -enough to make me tired. Either that or I'm just plain lazy. :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:50 pm

((Nancy)) :(

blessed, I'm sorry you have felt anxious and concerned about the house, too. I hope some of the solutions work together to ease it.

For everybody :
I hope optimism sneaks up on you and taps you on the opposite shoulder to get you to turn around!
I hope your high self-esteem comes and sits on your lap and makes funny faces until you smile!

Pay no attention to whatever I said about visiting my colorist last week - that opportunity fizzled. TODAY I have visited my colorist. We have an old tv in our bedroom that gets local stations. We seldom turn it on, but keep it for dd38's family's visits. For the past couple times I've colored, I've turned in advance to a likely station with cheerful sit-coms and fixed it so that I can hit one button with gloved hands, and have that diversion while I stay in the same room waiting to rinse. This way, the door to our bedroom and bath can stay closed, HRH doesn't complain about product odor, and I stay in privacy, too.

He thanked me tonight and said when he was in his office he could hardly tell I'd used the same product that bothered him there before, so that's a little consideration I can give him without any trouble. I'd like to go to computer and sit instead, but this is fine. I understand that it's a good "omen" for his brain power ( ;) ) that he does complain about odors, with good sense of smell. He certainly complains about any scented toiletries. He says dd is trying to kill him with chemical warfare every morning. :lol:

Anyway, I'm sitting here content that I've gotten a couple chores done today, through to scrunchie, lol. Dd has begged off church work tomorrow, which is certainly due her, since she did so much last week. So my day will start early. Now at least I won't have worries about my hair, even if the rest of me may be questionable. lol

Her day at work was tough. The other gallery employees at her (low) level have been dwindling. Her immediate boss is still not back from 3 weeks vacation and still says she can't possibly answer questions OR correct the schedule while on vacation ( it's accessed online) . So dd and another employee are struggling to switch around everyone's schedules, while taking on way more gallery decisions than they are supposed to, just learning by the seat of their pants. They got fussed at by an artist today :? who was unhappy with the wall arrangement of a set of paintings. I'm glad the two were together at the time so no one took the criticism alone, and each could vouch that they hadn't been informed.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:06 am

Thank you, Nancy! I am glad to have that chore done (hair color.)
I did my Bible reading and some journaling while I waited.

Strange to be without dgs on a Sunday night, but I’m enjoying the quiet.
They will both be here for an hour or so tomorrow afternoon, and then — found out tonight — ALL DAY Thurs and Fri! Y’all know how dh and I feel about mornings, you know... they will arrive around 7:30 a.m. and Thurs, leave around 10:00 pm. Fri, not so late, maybe Ddil will be here by 4 or 5.
Sigh. Dh and I decided we may take them to a movie or something Thurs, just to kill time and occupy them a bit.
Ddil — working and going to class, ds — out of town.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”