Saturday, Solving Puzzles

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Saturday, Solving Puzzles

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:26 am

Homemakers are puzzle-solvers. So many sentences begin, "how in the world ... .." :D

We are experts at untangling everything from shoelaces to schedules. We counsel; we redirect. We guide into parking spaces with hand signals, or warn away from bad ideas with stories of our own escapades... .. I mean, experience.

What are you puzzling out today? Or, maybe more likely, what have you been puzzling through for the last few days, weeks?

Do you have an ongoing puzzle, like finding time for something worthwhile?

blessedw2

Re: Saturday, Solving Puzzles

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 am

oh my gosh d harriet... your witty and spot on posts make me smile and start my day out right!!! Thank you!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:06 am

I started to get sucked into the computer wasteland under the guise of looking at kat, she's in her apron and diane in denmark videos :shock: I think I will have to have a timer for that too! 8-) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:40 am

I guess I'm just puzzling out so much myself, blessed. Elizabeth talked yesterday about awakening and thinking through life in those first minutes! Yes, I do that too!

Dd and I did go out on errands yesterday but were kept from the grocery by thunderstorms. In fact, we got caught in the rain walking across her campus and got pretty wet, but it was okay. We also went by Michael's and got in on the end of a sale there that really helped her. Got both deposits made, since they could be drive-through.

The guys at the campus print place had packaged the art wisely (these were plastic-wrapped cylinders when they finished with them - cyber-sent pieces for the gallery). And dd had brought a giant plastic tote bag for extra protection, too. So that wasn't a problem. Also grateful that I had a rain hat. We weaved in and out of building's foyers for respites from the storms.

So grocery needs still loom large around here. The list has gotten longer now that it's waited another day! I suppose I will have to handle that today sometime.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:45 am

Yes, I am getting sucked into solving genealogy puzzles this a.m., and I really need to do some other things today. DH is otherwise occupied - Torah study, then treadmill walking, then a massage. We will be at a friend's 70th birthday party this evening, it begins early at 5:30 but is outdoors. Hoping for good weather for them!

I need to get myself rolling:
-change clothes and walk the dog
-breakfast and meds
-finish a.m. routine, except for s2s which I will do later
-organize today's list and get started on it
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:21 am

~~~waving Hi to all~~~~~

My sleep was broken up last night with a 3 hours interlude due to DS9 making a bad decision. It has been discussed and guidelines are in place to make sure it doesn't happen again. Overall DS9 is an awesome young man but he does have occasional moments (like us all). On a good note.....I do like DS9 new favorite song Stop That

I have no plans for today. I would like to spend it at home just doing normal stuff.

Next up -
** Kitchen & Laundry routine
** Personal care routine
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:50 am

Distracted by a few things....I signed up for my January course in Salt Lake City - registration started at 11. I'm taking a course on Southern research this time - not likely to sell out the first 20 min but I wanted to get registered. And now I'm sticking around on the Facebook page watching everyone report on what they signed up for. Also made hotel reservation...

Also set up new Fitbit. How do I keep losing them? I think my other one is in the house but can't find it.... :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:03 pm

I like that Do bre brothers song, too. The youngest, twins Marcus and Lucas, have a similar speech pattern to my oldest grandson, so I see him in them when they speak, although they are quite a bit older. Don't let ds9 watch their "tatooing" video :lol: - putting on temporary huge tattoos, teasing their mother ("okay, this is the last video you make inside the house!"), making quite a mess.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi!

OMGoodness! I unpuzzled what I thought was one necklace that I bought at a community garage sale at a church nearby. It was so completely tangled. I thought that someone had let a very young child play in their jewelry box or something. After I untangled the necklace, I discovered that it was 6 very identical necklaces. They were all "silver" chains with hearts and feathers and keys and flowers and lots of turquoise coloured things. Now I have 6 necklaces.

All of the grocery shopping is done other than peanut butter. (That requires Costco for the 2 kg jar) Dh is making supper tonight. Most likely sausages.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:08 pm

Hello to everyone!
I am being lazy today. All the laundry was done Thursday, along with vacuuming, and ALL the ironing was done yesterday, so I am very pleased to be lazy today. :p

Dgs will not be joining us tonight; his other grandparents are visiting.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”