Monday Back to Business

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday Back to Business

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Taking a breather after the last round of outside chores before starting in on the floors inside stuff. Dishes are done steam from the dishwasher made it muggy. I was grumbly bc of the work outside but endorphines got up as I progressed glad that chore is done. Bees are out now.

Killed 2 more yellow jackets from under the table on the deck this morning. That spot has been itchy where I was stung this weekend. 95* hi temp today.

Allergy issues.

I have vacuumed, swept & mopped so glad for that progress. I cleaned the sinks in the kitchen. I hosed off the last fake tree glad it is out of the basement drying now by the front door. Watered front yd.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:24 pm

Aaaaauuuuuggghhh!
I am waiting at the dentist office — just for a cleaning, but pretty sure I’m going to need a filling...
AND I am waiting for foot surgeon to call for my mother... room at asst living is available the 23rd... so... dmom has decided to have the surgery.
I feel nauseated...
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Not a 'good' way to be going into the dentist, LucyL.

It's so hot in here and I'm trying hard to not turn on the AC. Dh got our table and chairs moved on the deck -after putting down a new deck mat that I won last summer. Slowly but surely our deck is beginning to look good. Have to see if watered our dneighbors' marigolds. They're in the back of their RV and he never noticed them till she mentioned them Sunday. T

Dh has a fire department meeting and small meal tonight so I don't have to cook. It's pot luck night but I'd told him I don't plan to go the weeks he has fire meeting. I'll see how the rest of the month goes.

Yesterday dh had to go to a Celebration of Life with the dcamp manager. On the way they stopped and went through a car wash. The roads here are dirt and with the heat and no rain there is dust, dust, dust. My car looked awful. So then he parked it and turned on the lawn sprinklers :? :roll: Guess whose car was then spotted again?

Think I'll go out on the deck and see about washing off a couple of things out there. So much dust!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Well — so far so good — still just “watching” these FOUR teeth that have gray spots, he says, possibly some “stress fracture” — but no obvious decay at this time... so he said, “Pay attention and call me when you need me.”
He did say be prepared. On one side I may end up needing THREE CROWNS at once! No no no!!!
So — I won’t think about that now; I’ll think about that tomorrow. ;)

Dmom’s Doctor has not called back. :(
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:08 pm

I am home from trip to ATL with dd. The chest of drawers she decided she wanted was out of stock. :shock: But she did get some other things, as did I.

We're having leftover chicken thighs that I grilled last week for supper tonight. I'll do a veggie and/or salad to go with them.

I need to get myself organized for the rest of the week, along with finishing what I didn't finish this morning of a.m. routine.

-Fold lol
-make the bed
-wash up blender/cut from my morning smoothie
-start adding to list, ck with my massage appt is, start pencilling in the next three days...
-On FamilySearch, go back and find the record I wasn't able to download and download it safely before I forget. The site crashed on me, so I have rebooted my computer and am hoping it works.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:49 pm

House looks better not perfect but acceptable that is an improvement. Afternoon hen chores done.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:09 pm

went with HRH to his dentist this a.m. They have renovated and many of the interior walls are glass - very streamlined looking, although if I were their patient I'd want more privacy. They say they are going to be doing some glazing before they are through.

and then took him to see the giant Asian market dd and I enjoyed so much. Chose not to buy much cold stuff because of distance and heat, but I really just wanted him to see. Bought some exotic fruit and found the sauce that even A-river stopped carrying. Black Bean Garlic Sauce - this is an ingredient, not a stand-alone sauce. I'd no more know how to make it myself than to make Worcestershire. I use it in a recipe with corn starch, turmeric and sesame butter, to pull together a stir-fry.

this is a well-trafficked place. The cat beds they had when dd and I went are sold out already. Oh well.

I've eaten very well today, very pleased and full. I need to string together a lot of eating days like this one.

Desk Day today made the mail and have a deposit ready for this week.

Extra laundry load of delicates are drip-drying.

Return to “Post When You Can”