Tuesday -make it what you will

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Tuesday -make it what you will

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Wow Elizabeth, that packing/unpacking sounds like a nightmare. Glad it's not me.

Yesterday wasn't the best day. I got one spreadsheet done, but then the call came from DH who had a leak in a tire. We met "in the middle" of him trying to get home and I followed him home because he was still able to drive. We spent a couple hours trying to fix that tire, more trips out to pick up tools and another truck at other job... did not get done and eat dinner till 8:30PM. It was so hot outside just trying to help him.

So I am continuing with yestrday's computer work. Have sorted out the desk which was gnarly again.

At least today my allergies aren't too bad. Yesterday I felt absolutely sick with them.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:14 pm

A busy productive morning for me, I slept in a bit longer today. H got trash out to the curb. I put more in to when I did my 1st round of chores and watering.
Had a low in the nite, was conservitave about what I are and # was good when I got up.

Started laundry, returned iced tea glass to a neighbor over the backfence, when I fed hens.

Went to the local mkt., walked ddog at the trading post, did a rock drop. Now I need to get the remainder of the watering going. For some adtl. Exercise I did 2 extra laps at the store. Taking a hydration break.

~ ~ ~ ~ waving ~ ~ ~ ~

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Just learned that a potential adopter for foster cat Chelsea has adopted elsewhere. A different homeless cat has found a home. I also had a pleasant surprise when I checked a brokerage statement.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Hmmm.....in the "I wonder what this is all about?", dh got a call that either the hospital or doctor want him to go for a nuclear stress test. Hasn't had to have that with any of his other replacement parts (and he has plenty -he's really the bionic man). Don't know when yet as they have to schedule it and call him back. Just something else to put on the back burner of my mind while trusting that everything is alright. Not really sure who it is that called. Guess that would be the first thing I have to find out. He had an echo (ultra sound) cardiogram about a week and a half ago. If it's the cardiologist requesting it, I would really be wondering what's going on.

Editing: Texted dh and asked which Dr is wanting it done. I Had asked dh the other day if he'd heard anything on the ultrasound & he hadn't. It is the cardiologist who wants it done. Something more to think about -right?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:11 pm

oh my it is already 12:08 pm

I did:
partial morning routine
had d brother visit
flip laundry
cleaned sink
I need to empty the dishes I washed this morning
bill check and paper routine done
figured out whats for dinner
called for dog meds
LOST MY CREDIT CARD!!!
I will look in my car and d mom's car
meds taken
dogs fed
called dog rehab person
dh watered the plants
called oriental cleaning company that will pick up the rug today
mom wanted to order a new toothbrush like her old one but they don't make her battery powered toothbrush style any more

my calendar popped up with THAT CHORES HAVE TO BE DONE BEFORE PLAY :shock: ;) I want to play
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:15 pm

hi d Elizabeth! yay on your work yesterday! Hope you dd has fun in Alabama!
hi d Nancy! - yay on productivity
hi d harmony! I am sorry yesterday wasn't the best day - I hop it is better today
hi d cathy! you were very busy! yay on your work too
hi d twins! have a good day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:00 pm

I was not to get my hair dried there, but I was to go straight home, take my clothes off and hop into the shower to wash my hair so I wouldn't be tracking little bits of hair all over

Oh, Cathy ( :( ) , this is similar to what has gone on for years for a friend of HRH whose wife is uber-clean, frantic over what bits might be brought into the home. She was especially upset over hairs after barbershop. Eventually they moved to a house that has a utilitarian kitchen/bathroom in basement, just so that he can always enter there and change, assuring her he's clean before he goes up the stairs. His work is in indoor sales - how can he come home with much dirt - ? I have felt sorry for her, and him. I've wondered if he misses his front door, but he probably has a lot more to worry about.

What? WHAT? Chores have to be done before play???!! WHAT kind of a society do we live in, I'd like to know. Oh... .. oh yeah I have a card that says the same thing. Well... .. there's got to be a loophole. ;) Morning chores before morning play, and then after morning play, mid-day chores before mid-day play, and then afternoon chores before afternoon play. That'll work.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:08 pm

I've had lunch, made a bee trap, chated with neighbors, moved the water. The news about the baby found in the mtns was on local news a couple days ago here.

I delayed some inside a m routine items go do later after is warmed up outsude so heading to swish n swipe, journaling n planning done.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Oh Dee, I hope the test is just a routine thing. Same as I'm hoping for DH who has to have stress test done also. He hasn't yet figured out that might mean something is wrong. And remember, sometimes I think Doctors go the extra step just to cover their ____ in case something unforeseen does happen, right?

Elizabeth, sorry other cat was adopted. DD just adopted a dog from a shelter. This is her 2nd. I was apprehensive about them getting along ok, but apparently all is well.

Well all my spreadsheets are caught up. I'm getting faster with these excel things. It's still not as easy as the older program was, but I'm compensating.

My computer is notifying me to run a hardware scan on my computer. How does one do that?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Car oil change and tire rotation took awhile - they also found that battery was low so replaced it under warranty. :D Better replaced now instead of getting stranded somewhere.

I went shopping and picked up a few things for trip at 30% off. Here I usually wear shorts and t-shirts. I think researching at Nat'l Archives is a little more dressed and I'm going to be away 10 days including travel. Also we have a trip in August, altho it's to Colorado and August temps are a high of 80 and low 50. That sounds wonderful right now! I set up a mani-pedi appt for tomorrow after massage. I know I sound frivolous but the massage is really important for my back and hips. I got gel nails earlier in the summer for the two weddings and am trying to keep them up through the CO trip where all the financial advisor (trophy) wives are on display.

I was productive at the car dealership - I took my computer and wrote, both on the 25 July assignment but also on the portfolio case study.

More on dd. I finally texted her today asking if we could please set up a time to go take care of the title to her car. Her response was "Are you wanting to go with me?" like she didn't understand that already? That's why dh has been nagging me because the current title is in my name and if I go with her I can sign anything else that needs to be done. No response yet. :roll:

The next thing I need to do is to go get groceries. I'll have lunch, then head out.

Hoping all is well with Mr. Dee.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”