Tuesday -make it what you will

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Tuesday -make it what you will

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:56 am

Happy birthday to Mr. MT today. If you peek in, Emptynester, wish him a 'happy' for us. We're going over to DS-A's & ddil's (they're camping here this week) for DGS's 6th birthday today, That's been a quick 6 years -at least IMHO.

Need to get breakfast done and get busy. All the while my tummy is tumbling. :?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday -make it what you will

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:20 am

~~~~~waving Hi to all!~~~~~

I spent the first hour of my day in the swimming pool as the sun was coming up. I wanted to see if it was easier to brush the pool while in it instead of standing beside it. But I ended up just floating around which was perfectly fine too.

Today's big rocks -
** Continue the testing with DS9. Yesterday he finished 4 sections. I am cautiously thrilled with the preliminary results. So far it shows he has improved 1.5 years from last year testing.
** take kids to the summer library program.

Next up -
** Personal care routine finished
** company ready rooms routine finished
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:21 am

I am finally getting some quiet, lucid time to try to pencil in the rest of the week. I'm dithering about it because dh wants me to accompany dd to get the title to her car changed to her, and she is resisting his/my efforts. You would think she would want to do this, but because dh is pushing she is actively resisting. And she's gonna announce she wants to do it [fill in the time] before I leave on Friday and I'm not going to have time. He came home from work yesterday full of directives and have-tos, putting me in the middle. So we had a tense evening and dd never really responded.

Right now I need to throw on clothes, walk the dog, get my smoothie made and head out to get oil changed in car. (Dh also went off about this on Sunday - that it HAD to be done NOW instead of going to IKEA yesterday. The thing that tells me when it is due is at 15% - not 10% not 5% not 0% - and is still there after trip yesterday.)

Why is he so anxious these days? He's making me crazy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:26 am

Hi, I've exercised, had my early breakfast and done most of morning dailies. Waiting on the laundry because I don't want to mess up any hot water situation around here! (with dd home, there's a little more shower juggling)

Today will hold more Desk Day. HRH got some of his correspondence and bills ready so I can "secretary" that today for him and dovetail it into the batch of mail I have going out. It's amusing to me to see his (very correct) stacking of letters/envelopes and recognize it. We know this method from completely different jobs/pasts but have never done it together.

Have reached an especially interesting part of a book I'm into, with dentist-office reading yesterday. So I won't read bit-by-bit as usual today, but will actually dedicate some reading time in a quiet corner. As Twins' Mom says, quiet and lucid.

Next up -
Desk Day to meet the mail
oatmeal :)
laundry
and another section of the office declutter.

Congratulations, LadyM and ds9 on this good evidence!

I hope the Emptynesters have an enjoyable birthday day!

kittykatt, good morning!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:23 am

d harriet - the asian market must have been so cool! glad you had a great day yesterday. I had to laugh when I first read about your dh's dentist appointment. I was just waking up when I first read it and I thought you were talking about your dh's teeth - that they put new glass in his teeth for renovation :shock: - next time I will have my coffee and wake up a bit before reading posts. ;) :D

d lucy - wishing the best for your d mom's surgery.

d harriet can you secretary for me - actually can you be my CFO?
yay on exercise and dailies

hi d twins! totally understand - dd's tune out dh's directives until they make sense to them ;) frustrating when it happens. Its like he "has to" as if there is a bee in his bonnet. dh said he feels like no one is listening to him but does not realize its his sudden expectations and directives without saying wha HE needs and why that cause the results he doesn't want. Thank goodness it passes. Hope it passes fast! :D

Lady!!! waving to you too! I am so happy you started your morning in the pool - how lovely.

Happy birthday Mr. MT!!

Dear Dee good morning!!! have fun at ds and d dil's - Happy birthday to your dgs 6!!!
wishing you a good day.

good day Everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:26 am

trying not to get lost in my "home care" videos of people I follow or Facebook or news.

I had to laugh as my dearest sil #4 called me to tell me a window washer came over to her house that was meant for me! I had written them and received no response - he emailed her even though I gave my address, my phone number, my email address! they were at her door at 8:00 am with out an appointment. She was very surprised lol - a good sport.

now for looking at my day (late) and starting morning routines
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:32 am

I had completely forgotten about Harriet's asian market trip. We have a friend who is Asian married to a good ol' boy from Georgia. We often have dinner at their home and she always has some interesting fruits for sharing! Unfortunatley, I'm usually so full from dinner there that I seldom partake, however.

I'm at oil change place. I need to text dd later... :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 am

Hi!

I finished 2 loads of laundry that were still in the machines. I also tackled the laundry mountain that was on the dresser. Everything got some time in the wrinkle release cycle of the dryer and now a lot of it is on the bed. Almost as soon as I finished clearing off a large blanket that the cat has slept on for many years, she came into the bedroom and jumped up an the dresser, curled into position, laid down and immediately closed her eyes and went to sleep.

I also did a load of dishes in the dishwasher. I put away all the dry dishes and refilled the sink and put a fresh batch of dirty pots and pans into the sink and they are still soaking.

The meat sauce for the spaghetti is in the crock pot. I will boil the pasta on the BBQ later today. (4:45)

My ex used to be very bossy, telling me what to do and when I should be doing it. Demanding that I go to certain mechanics, or hair stylists, and telling me that I was not to get my hair dried there, but I was to go straight home, take my clothes off and hop into the shower to wash my hair so I wouldn't be tracking little bits of hair all over the apartment. (Insert eye rolls here for the crap I used to put up with...)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:09 am

I had a very busy day yesterday. Woke up early, drove to a friend's house for 7:30, went to her mammogram appointment with her. Then we drove back to her house. I jumped in my car and drove to knitting. She showed up a few minutes later. After knitting I went home and changed into my swimsuit and went swimming due to the fact that it was almost 100F here yesterday. Drove home, changed out of my swimsuit, hung it up to dry and went to another friend's place for a new knitting group at her house. Came home from that at 4 and made supper, which was left overs from the night before.

I slept really well last night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:24 am

Good morning! Looks like our cars are all on the same schedule. I had my oil changed Saturday. Yesterday evening, I took donations to church, went to pet food store to see about adoption event, and handled the bills and budget. Like Harmony, I have a hot water heater on my HD card. If I pay by 11/11, there is no interest. I am, of course, broke again. Fortunately, there will be a payday before my trip. What I did not do: library returns and home emails. It was a good thing I skipped the library, I have decided to stop reading the book I started and not watch two videos I checked out. As they are due today, it made more sense to return on the way from work.

Ugly traffic from an accident made us all 15 minutes late to work. Since I carpool with my boss, I can't sneak in. However, it also means I have no trouble convincing him why I was late. The daily loads have failed on both production and development, so I set them to rights and sent proper notification. I have a phone call with my homeowner's insurance people at 3, must not forget.

Normally, I have DD16 on Tuesday evening, but she is leaving for Alabama tomorrow and may have stuff to get done. Her dad is taking her to the local amusement park today. He hates that because of the heat. But I am still medically restricted so if she wants to ride with someone, he is it. I did buy her a season pass, like always, so at least he will only pay for himself.

I keep getting calls from my friend who moved about where stuff is. I have no idea. When you live in a hoarding house and have to move in a hurry and spend more time trying to get money for your junk than packing it, when you do finally pack, it is a hurried fiasco. Some things are just plain missing. We tried to be organized, but toward the end, we had to start chucking things anywhere. Also, if you use trash bags for both packing and trash, they sometimes get mixed up. It's not personal that she found most of her underclothing in a trash bag, it was a mistake. She did not pack her meds separately, so some are missing. They have no street value, so they are misplaced not stolen. None of us felt like moving jugs of water, so I am sure those were dumped out. Of course, a few of them were "special" (unlabelled naturally). I knew which were the "special" ones, but the movers likely did not. She won't drink tap water. Apparently this friend cannot put things in cabinets until they are lined with wallpaper. (If I were a landlord, I would never allow shelf liner. It gets frayed and when you remove it, you have horrible stickiness to contend with.) I tried to convince her that washing shelves, with bleach if necessary, would do, but it has to be the wallpaper rolls that were on the floor of the LR for a year. I suspect that rolls of paper, especially since they were green, were put with the Christmas wrap. My friend is quite annoyed, but we did the best we could given the time and circumstances. Makes me want to do a massive purge of all my junk, hence the closet cleanup and the donation dropoff.

CathyS and I are really glad to be quit of our exes. I have the best roommate ever now. No complaints, no nagging, no constant requests for better "communication" where that term is defined as how to make his wishes clear and get me to comply. My new roommate is ME!

Return to “Post When You Can”