Wednesday - check your thoughts

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Wednesday - check your thoughts

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:09 am

Just getting around to coming here. I slept in pretty late this morning. Got up to a phone message to call the cardiologist's office for dh. So I did so -she told me in the message she'd talked with dh and he asked her to call me to give me his instructions. Did that, only to be told that she had given him the instructions -talk about confused. So drove over to where dh is working and he asked where I'd been. Said the Dr's office called me and got an "unable to contact" message. Really? I had a voice mail :roll: :? At any rate he has to be to the hospital tomorrow morning before 11 for his nuclear stress test. They said to plan on it taking 4 hours. That's longer than most surgeries! Still not sure what this is all about. Whether it's something they saw on his ultra sound or is it just plain taking extra care before his shoulder surgery? Guess I'll soon know. At least we don't have to wait weeks for an appointment.

Drove over to see dd but she wasn't up and about yet. She wakes up so early when dsonil's alarm goes off umpteen times (and it's very obnoxious). She can't get him to change it, even though she's told him numerous times that she'd make sure he's up. Actually she only has 3 weeks left here -leaving the day after dh's surgery (Aug 3).

Dsgsil came yesterday and pressure washed the berm behind our RV. Took him about 4 hours. Guess ddil-A is going to stain it over the next few weeks. It's a gift from them to dh for his 80th birthday.

I need to get busy and do something. So.....one thing at a time it is!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 am

How fun to CUOP and read what's going on in your day!

I have completed 23 items on my list so far today. Still have 9 more to do. I am keepiing my "nose to the grindstone" so I can get through these items as fast as possible. I'll be picking DMom up in 1 hr 15 minutes and taking her shopping and doctor visit. That will take most of the afternoon. If I don't get my list items completed before I leave it will be an extra challenge to get them done when I get home.

I'm sitting with kids while they watch one of the parables. Tme to go
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:30 am

I had a lite bulb moment yesterday :idea: If we have to live in a camp trailer pull trailer for a while any home will seem like a mansion after that! Lol!

I woke up in the nite and had trouble getting back to sleep.
S2s x
Swish n swipe done in the bathrooms.
My neck is better today no headache today yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm

d nancy :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:38 pm

trying to finish processes today
oriental rug is being picked up today at noon - all rolled up and vacuumed underneath
went to get iced coffee, go to the bank
exchanged dd youngers singles for tens - $90 in singles she had in her drawer. At least it was in one place.
STILL CAN'T FIND CC BUT IT IT HASN'T BEEN USED.
dd younger slept last night at where she babysat so I will wait until she comes home before going to the bank - what's nice is that it is 5 minutes from work! love this couple. wife is lovely!
more laundry flipped.
Now to handle the piles of clean laundry dh put on the dining room table and chairs. :shock:
waiting for dishes in dw to dry before putting away.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:43 pm

hi d dee - does get confusing! It took d mom the same amount of time when she had it - never asked what they did though, sorry!
how great your dgsil did the power washing!

hi d elizabeth! wishing you a good day!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Sitting in the waiting room at DMoms eye doctor office. DD is texting me while they are sitting in waiting room at hospital about 100 miles away. We r both a bit bored.

The kids and I all finished our lists before I left home this morning. DGD7 loves doing her list and woke up eager to get started on it. DS9 does his list with no complaints but he is motivated to finish it because he then gets screen time. I like doing the list because it feels calming to know I didn't forget to do something.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:14 pm

hope the appointment isn't much longer. d lady!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:17 pm

I finished some anti-procrastination things. I have one more Item before I get dd olders cake for tomorrow.
the rug has been picked up. dh stood over my shoulder when the man was here worrying about the price. :shock: it needs repairing but it is better just to do it and get it done with. It's so hard on him when I do repairs to the house but I have to not listen to him inside my head. I am kind but I am still getting it done.

heading out soon.

think simple dinner.

next flip laundry again.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Back from the dr. Bp is great. Labs done reports will be coming later.

I called the library they do not take vhs tapes so that saved me trip glad I called. Lots of folks have been stung by bees learned 2 day.

Stopped by the store for soap ran out should have kept some of the mini sized ones after all.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”