Thursday - We Are Product of our Decisions

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday - We Are Product of our Decisions

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:52 pm

hello hello hello.

worked on putting the things that I stashed and didn't put away because it became overwhelming. It took longer than if I would have put it away right away. :shock:

hope you are all doing wonderfully. I will read later about your day but wanted you to know I am thinking of you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Home from a 67 mile drive to take DMom to her cardiologist appt. Overall the results were good. They are concerned about her 51 bpm heart rate. They prefer the heart rate to be above 60 but are somewhat okay with the heart rate being in the 50's. Their concern is if it is going lower when she sits or sleeps. I asked about putting a fitbit on DMom to monitor her heart rate and they thought that was a wonderful idea. They can put a halter monitor on DMom but that is only for a 24 hour period.

On the way home I saw DCousin harvesting cantaloupes in his garden so I stopped and worked alongside of him. DCousin has advanced parkinson but manages to keep doing his normal things. He makes the rows between his vegetables extra wide so he can drive a golf cart from one plant to the next. The Parkinson disease makes it difficult to maintain balance but he can take a couple of steps without a problem so the golf cart allows him to continue to garden. This week he has harvested over 100 cantaloupes! Everyday he delivers the fresh vegetables (free) to friends and family. I admire him greatly for his can-do attitude.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Hydration break here, also, after errands into the brain-scald weather.
I made a deposit
and shopped healthy food store.

The shopping trip was fine. Found a lot I'm happy with. BUT (and it's a big one) I had forgotten that dd19 borrowed my debit card. No big deal, I thought (since at HTeeter last time this happened, I just wrote a check and they acted as if it was commonplace). But nope, they didn't take checks and said they hadn't for 2 years. Sigh.

So I felt I just had to go into my squirrel money and now I'm sad. My dmother gave me those 2 hundreds on the day she had to have her surgery. She said she'd been carrying them squirreled away, but now she knew she'd never need them again because she could never be out by herself again :( , so wanted me to take and hide them like she had. She died in 2010 and I've never touched them, so I'd say that's 10 years. Anyway, I'm down to one now.

When I got home there was a good-looking truck in the driveway that I didn't recognize. HRH was standing beside whoever it was, who was still in the truck. It was dstepson! He's bought a very nice F150 short bed with (what I call) club cab. He's so happy, says he got just the deal he wanted. It's used but in pristine condition. There's nothing happier for a guy, I think, than to go over to see his Dad in a new vehicle. Something very deep-rooted. HRH whispers to me, "Make a big deal out of it." So I oooohed and aaaaahed quite a bit. :)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Heat advisories and red flag fire warnings up in the forcast.

I had a lite bulb moment today while I was hosing the house off rinsing to dust off~ getting realtor is like spring cleaning or company ready as in holiday prep.

The hens enjoyed cantalope peels from the neighbors and frozen plums I chopped up for them.

Have you seen the police / fire dept lip sync challenge vids on u tube my version is to watch one do a chore then watch another starting my conga early got walls dusted. So my challenge to you is try it! :mrgreen:

Return to “Post When You Can”