Friday Choices

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Friday Choices

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:57 am

When you have to make a choice and don't make it, that is in itself a choice.

I am looking forward to reading what choices you will make today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Friday Choices

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:22 am

Today is a repeat of the last 2 days. Each of the 3 days has a different doctor but otherwise the same schedule. I'll do Homeschool testing in the morning with DS9 and then take DMom to the medical appointment in the afternoon.

In between those, I will get my things done. I started the day in the swimming pool. It is very relaxing to be in the pool by myself as the sun is coming up. This morning DH joined me. It is very rare for DH to get in the pool. He does it about once a year.

I came to the computer to print off some more copies of DS9 daily list. I added his bathroom to his list with one task - "Wipe the countertop". This task will take DS9 about 5 seconds to do each day IF he doesn't have his countertop cluttered. He has started leaving things on the bathroom countertop instead of putting them away. This daily wiping of the countertop will hopefully help in training him to put the toothpaste tube and similar stuff away after he uses it. I hope his future wife appreciates this training. LOL! I have finished 13 items on my list this morning and have 21 still to do.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 am

I wasn't able to come back yesterday but I hope you all had a really wonderful day!

cancelled card :shock: wasn't used but still couldn't find it - I will probably find it today :D

thank you for b day wishes for elder dd - we had a fun day. relaxing and fun - what more can we ask for.
dd younger did some nice things for dd older. very sweet note to her sister. (I hope they remember yesterday after the fact that dd older munched last night on dd youngers left over duck from the restaurant ... She left a sign on the fridge "X... X... GOOSE" "oops sorry there isn't anymore duck, I ate it last night! Sorry" I shall see when dd younger sees it. :shock: :roll:

I forgot I had a hair dye appointment - I am also supposed to have lunch with a friend of dd youngers (and with dd younger)
asked d mom if she wanted to come with but she doesn't like taco's
I know she's bored.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:58 am

I definitely need to make good (time) choices today. Think I need to do round robins today and have our RV spiffy by tomorrow. Last night was full of surprises. First I was texting with dgd23. She wasn't working at the hospital yesterday so didn't get to see her then. I had heard Sunday from her aunt on her father's side that she might have chosen a December wedding date. I had said I doubted that as she assured me they wouldn't choose a date in the winter. Well.....that proved to be untrue as they have decided on December 15th this year. Since they have chosen not to do any of the modern trend of living together first, etc they wanted a short engagement. Thus, it sounds like we will miss our only bio granddaughter's wedding. Coming north for me at that time of year is nigh onto impossible. So I was somewhat sad at that news.

Then, later after DS-R & DD & spouses came by they told us they're having a surprise anniversary party here for us tomorrow 10-1. Guess it's a continental breakfast open house type of thing. Our 60th is July 26th and this was the only real date they had. Have no idea who all will be here. But I do know I probably need to get our RV spiffed up today.

Was funny when we were in the waiting room before dh's procedure yesterday a guy asked him how old he was. Wouldn't believe 80, but as most people think -he's 60. Guess because he's so active -even with all his health problems over the years. He's certainly never let anything put him down for long. This man has had several close calls, had Hodgkins disease, a heart attack, has COPD, 10 stents, an aortic valve replacement, various other surgeries, both knees replaced, a rotator cuff surgery with 5 anchors and now facing the reverse shoulder surgery. It's becoming obvious that the 'powers that be' are looking closely at doing this surgery. He's so looking forward to be rid of the severe constant pain. Hoping we hear the results of yesterday's nuclear stress test sooner than later.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:59 am

quick hi and bye.. much love to all of you during your day. I have to head out but waving at you.!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:15 am

:| Dh just came and asked for his bee kit. He got stung right by his eye. He seems to be okay though. Just wanted the kit in case he starts reacting. He's around the those nasty things often but this is the first time he's been stung in a vulnerable spot in a very long time.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:39 am

Waving to all today. I need to get up and going on my day. I hear neighbors are out and about. It is cool so I have the windows open.

OMM ~
I think I am beginning to transition over from decluttering to cleaning mode, using the holiday prep plan for getting realtor ready progress continues. Yesterday I got half of the house hosed down; but I cannot complete that without moving stuff away from walls on the, patio, deck and carport. I also noticed we still need to clean out the gutters.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 am

Good morning everyone

Just posted in J and C -

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:59 am

Good morning everyone! Now I have Free Will by Rush running through my head ("If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"). Yesterday, I got everything done that I planned. It wasn't much: visit boarding place, knit crochet group, usual daily stuff, Christmas crochet at home. I also tackled the drawers in one of my MBR closets and gave away one bag of socks and threw away another of old socks and underwear. It is now easier to close the drawers.

This morning started with potential data load problems at payroll. I am hoping the cubes are just running late rather than failing.

Tonight, I have nothing really planned. I may work on my closet floor. I will probably crochet.

This weekend will be crazy though. Along with the usual adoption clinic, I have a pool party Saturday and another on Sunday along with a belated birthday dinner. Of course, I am not yet medically cleared for swimming yet! I can still enjoy the company though. I should also do some vacation planning. DD16 is still in Alabama.

ETA: Just did recheck of data cubes. Production completed normally, development is still running.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Desk Day was the morning, and have just walked back in from getting things to the mailbox.

Printed and cut new address labels - I enjoy that, oddly. These are the 4-line utilitarian ones for church, "in care of" me, so should be large and simple. I use an 8x11.5 label sheet and print from a doc that I actually see in blue. Right now, no color ink but when I do, these look even a little nicer. Then I cut apart in the simplest, least-hassle way - with scissors. :idea: This means I have no frustration, no wasted effort or materials. I store the labels in a 3x1.5 baggie - yes, they make those and they are helpful little things, too. :idea: If it's hard to separate the two little sides to open, I snip a slight curve into one and then fingers can easily separate the sides and open, and it will last for years. The labels ride around in part of the clear, 3-ring pocket-bag in the checkbook.

Next up, continuing the laundry hill. Not a Mt washmore, just regular and minimal extras.

Thanks for the snacks, LadyM
That was sneaky, how you put 3 simple words into a chore list, lol. Sounds like nothing at all.

Return to “Post When You Can”