Saturday, Sitting Pretty!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Saturday, Sitting Pretty!

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:52 am

What has been going well for your household lately?
Have you had a success, a delight, compliments?
Do tell!
In what way are you Sitting Pretty? :)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Saturday, Sitting Pretty!

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:17 am

I came up the steps from watering, ddog was sitting pretty on the deck, then I heard quail sounds as they flew off ddog ran after them.

I was up by 5 got the branches moved to the front yard, did some clean up, and watering. Loaded another of holiday items into the car trunk. Yea for early morning progress in the cool of the day.

Journal & planning done, Having coffee now.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:29 am

I am enjoying not watching the clock. I don't have to be anywhere today at a particular time. It feels wonderfully relaxing just to go from one thing to another without having to hurry. I've completed 17 tasks so far today so I am getting things done but in a different speed than normal.

Yesterday DGD7 came and spend the evening with us. She didn't want to leave and asked me 3 times to stay. That wasn't my decision to make.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a plan for getting the moles out of our yard. I didn't even know I was thinking of it until the solution came to me. LOL
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:09 pm

best of the day to you!!!

thank you d harriet for starting us! I haven't been sitting pretty as I am behind but I will say is that I am positive!
d lady yay on not having any particular place to go
d nancy your d dog sounds like she/he will have a merry chase

dishes in dw are drying themselves
I did not do my weekly home blessing during the week so the consequence i am putting upon myself for not breaking up. Otherwise every thing goes to even worse chaos.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:24 pm

I too am enjoying having nothing on the schedule — except dgs will spend the night. I don’t think I will pick him up until we are ready for supper, however. Dh needs some quiet time around here. And I do too! I’m too tired to go to the computer, so can’t really cuop on respond to everyone. Hope you all have s great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Smiling with Nancy, LadyM, blessed and lucylee's posts! :D :D :D :D

What? None of you mentioned how pretty you are yourselves? Do you not know about this? As my dd says, "This is a THING." (translation: this is valid, or a proven, current circumstance)

I'm trying to do first things first around here. Morning Daily Card thinking, in other words. One foot in front of the other - don't look at the big picture, please. It may be mistaken for a "before" picture of a decluttering video.

Of course, schedules for dd and HRH are very changeable for Saturdays - you never know. Both were up early showering this a.m. and gone, but HRH was out and then back in again within the hour, and dd has only a 4-hour mini-workday. He's in his office doing some follow-up to whatever that was, but when she gets back I'm going to lasso her, hopefully, and work together on the house. She should be amiable, since it's date night tonight and then tomorrow afternoon 3 friends from high school arrive to take her to a destination-park.

I'm giving myself a break from recent intense healthy habit focus for the weekend. Hmmm... ... may regret.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:00 pm

hi d harriet!!! :D :D :D I love your dd!

So glad you are doing one foot in front of another - I am looking, unfortunately, at the big picture of what there is to do and what I haven't done. I can't seem to change my mindset lately but I am working at it. I took my timer out for the first time in a long time. thanks of your inspiration to simplify my attitude and putting one foot in front of the other https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4fc74snmK8

hi d lucy!!! hope you have a lovely bit of quiet time!

went for a drive with dd older out to the country by us. (it's nearby and lovely homes and estate mansions). oops got rabbit holed looking for a picture .
I had enough dishes to wash another load (dog dishes and outside bowls for dogs.

Now for home blessing. :shock: :roll: :cry: :o :shock: :? need to change attitude!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:26 pm

H was off by mid morning so we loaded the donations in the truck to go next eerk i cluding tbe heavy desk and total gym from the basement, plus we got the load of branches loaded and hauled off to eco. Yea!
Skipped bbq for rock swap.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:36 pm

RAH RAH RAH D NANCY.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:38 pm

trying to stay focused on finishing the home blessing process
family room done.
dd older is washing her laundry
dining room home blessing done
vacuumed and dusted laundry area and wiped the machines home blessing done (not great but okay)
front hall - vacuumed and dusted stairs and front hall. time to rinse (i have a norwex thingy now)

next: vacuum the kitchen floor (again)
bring laundry upstairs

TRUTH - all the clean laundry from the last couple days (clean and folded) is still in front hall.

Return to “Post When You Can”