Simple Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Simple Sunday

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:13 am

Going to let the "kiss" method guide me today. (Keep it simple, s-----). Never got here yesterday as couldn't get internet anywhere. Went to sit by 3 different internet poles and nothing!

We had a very nice party yesterday with lots of friends and some of our family. Tried to get on here to report to no avail. I had waited all week for F rontier to call me back on starting up with them again. No call or anything all week. Finally called S pectrum late yesterday. I was on the phone well less than 5 minutes and was all done. The modem should be here Tuesday and we just plug it in (supposedly). They had all my info from when we were customers years ago with T ime W arner. It was so easy! F rontier wanted a new credit check, had to pull a ticket for someone to come out, social security number, new account, etc, etc. We're done! This will be more expensive but at that point I did not care.

Dh is home from probably counting his pop cans. We plan to go get gas and go to church. Have $.20 off a gallon through this week. Knew I had enough till later -that was until we ended up at the hospital on Thursday and back in to the Dr on Friday. Now I'm down to one line. Not really sure I feel up to going to church but we need to. Know they're praying for dh there this morning.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Re: Simple Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:18 am

(((Dee)))) so glad to see your CI and hopefully, the internet connection will improve. Keeping in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare for DH medical process.

I slept well last night and woke up ready to get started on the day. I have checked 15 things off my list so far this morning.

I think DD moving closer will make things easier on DGD7 as she goes back-n-forth in 2 places. I don't track it but I wouldn't be surprised to know that DGD7 spends more time here than at her home. She is an easy child to take care of EXCEPT for when she loses control of her emotions. But thankfully that is a rare occurrence. With DSIL being so sick the future is definitely unknown. They return to the big city 2 days next week for more test. Maybe they will know something then.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:13 am

Frustrated that Dee is technologically detoured from us sometimes. Happy about the anniversary party.

LadyM, glad you had a good night's sleep.

One of the first things that happened to me this morning was a statement from someone I've been trying to talk to that we need to schedule a lunch and make it a priority. Very good.

I have a descant to attempt today, that comes in instantly off of another stanza and I haven't gotten it right yet. Often a bumpy rehearsal makes a perfect moment when it's finally in front of others, so that's what I'm believing. I know many of the women are familiar with this descant and will enjoy being led well. I have my music all marked up with tips, etc.

Dd is off to her park adventures with old high school friends today. It will be so hot, sun-scorcher-ish, etc. I hope she'll be okay. I gave her extra cash, her Daddy gave her extra cash, lol. She keeps saying she has her card and her Daddy keeps saying what if, what if.

HRH is not feeling up to par this a.m. and trying to figure that out. I'll need to scurry back home and see about him today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:35 am

good morning D dee, d lady and d harriet and all!!!

I need simple thinking instead of ping pong brain - what a nice way to start with the idea of keeping it simple sweetie! :D

thank you d dee for starting us... sorry for all the problems with the internet connection- so happy you are able to start us today and be back on line

hi d lady glad you slept well~ praying for d sil

hi d harriet - so happy the person connected to plan on having time with you soon!
you dd has smart parents! Hope your dh feels better!

happy day to all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:36 am

bastille day was so so much fun! lots of music, singing, games and too much great food.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:36 am

Did a drop at the trading post walked the ddog around there calling it good for exercise. Watered a bit this morning. Journal done I have meals planned out for today. Decluttered a couple more things. Have another bag to bring up from the basement.

Did two rounds of watering this morning. Laundry is folded that I did not get to yestetday. Started another load, one more to go. Then start dishwasher.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Want to hear about Bastille Day.

Ohmigoodness - HRH and his mother, the definitive oil and water relationship of all time, in my LR now. Can hear it from here. I must return to it. Can't pretend to be needing to go to restroom much longer. Plunging in.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:11 pm

May peace prevail, Harriet. Had a very interesting conversation with dShelley's exdsisil after church. I'll explain it all when I have a chance. Of course that makes her dAunt to our dgd23 and we both find the situation of dgd's pending marriage less than ideal.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:50 pm

They finally do calm down. They cannot get along over the tiniest thing, though. His frustration with her is decades old, over emotions. But she sees it as criticism of her intelligence or ability now, so they misunderstand each other. I'd almost rather she continue to misunderstand sometimes, because they hug now and tell each other they love each other every time they part, so lets not rock the boat! Better that she would think he's unreasonable about her "catching on" to new things, than the both of them going into meltdown over the old wounds... again.

Long talk with her outdoors as she was leaving, ADDED TO long talk with so many outdoors as we were leaving church. I believe I am no longer medium, but well-done on that sun grill.

Need to do a quick errand to pharmacy 1. Then can settle down into a little laundry, and maybe some calm and quiet in the house.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:43 pm

howdy howdy

I can't imagine your dh struggling with anyone. mother child relationships can have their struggles especially as they age and worry that others imagine that others think they aren't capable topped with things from the past. I know my d mom sometimes thing that way about me.

I am glad you are out of the sun! no more grilling time d harriet.

hi d dee!

my d mom had a wonderful time with d cousin this morning. So happy about that.

Return to “Post When You Can”