Monday Motivation

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Monday Motivation

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:48 pm

We're home and dh is resting. It's been an interesting day! Cardiologist started out dh's procedure by telling him: "If I feel you can get by without a stent right now (today) I'm not going to do it. I want you to be able to have this shoulder surgery. If I put a stent in today it will mean at least a 6-month wait for the shoulder surgery." It was borderline whether he needed to do it right now or wait so opted to wait (Dr that is). He will do a stent some time AFTER the shoulder surgery. There's little doubt that he needs to have it done. But dh is tired. They actually went in through his wrist this time. They actually let him walk out as he'd had no sedation. Gal in the waiting room came running when she saw us, "Sir, Sir! Should you be walking?" She was real ready to get somebody in trouble. Though he did say later he was quite wobbly.

My motivation (today anyway and hopefully for this day forward) was when I asked his nurse (who btw only lived about 7 houses away from us in Town Pump), what they did when someone couldn't have the dye required for an angiogram. It was "simple" really (but not for me). He told me they do the angiogram and then immediately dialysize the patient. :shock: :o I had dialysis last year after my heart attack because the dye attacked my kidneys if some of you remember. I'm in no hurry to have it done again. I really feel for people who go through that week in and week out. If I keep that picture in my mind, it will be plenty of motivation to lose weight. Even though I know I need to do it for my heart, I definitely have a fear of the dialysis. So there you have my present motivation.

Realized I had a voice mail from the cardiac rehab center from last Friday -guess it had to have been when we went to the cardiologist on that 'emergency' run. I called her back but she's out sick today. Told me she has all the paperwork for my Silver Sneakers cardiac rehab maintenance. It's a fairly long round trip in there, but I think in terms of my health it will be well worth it. And I won't have to pay each time -just the cost of gas. Guess she's to call me tomorrow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Dee, I hope all goes well with Mr. Dee! I guess it puts you a little on edge to have to wait for the stent, but I imagine the doctor would tell you if it were more pressing than the shoulder surgery. I don't guess y'all are looking forward to any of this anymore than I am looking forward to dmom's surgery!
OTOH -- today, the lady who did the EKG told us that she had bunion surgery a few years ago, and she said she had been having a lot of hip & back problems and IMMEDIATELY after the foot surgery, all that just went away. Wouldn't that be wonderful, if this could relieve some of dmom's back pain!

Spent 2 hours with dmom today -- doctor, then hospital for lab work, EKG, and chest x-ray. Then drug store. Then brought her to my house so I could print out her surgical history, which was on my computer.

Ballgame rained out and dh wants to go to a movie! :D I must say I was very pleased to hear this!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Dee, I'm happy Mr. DeeClutter didn't have the ordeal of a day he thought he might. Sounds like a plan.

lucylee, you really did a lot for your dmom today. Each of these things make the surgery just that little bit easier.

Wow, Cathy, you really have it hot.

The weather reports make me think that Ramblin' will likely be back to her house soon. She usually has pretty amazing heat stories each July/Aug.

I'm still launder-ing. Generally trying to get some chores done. The kitchen counters are not cooperating.

Ds will be over soon and I hope he'll think HRH made the right purchase.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Hello everyone. Not much going on around here except DH is done with his continuing ed so that is over for another 2 years. I'm hoping it's over forever.

Bit of a struggle with my computer and modem today, but what else is new? I got it sorted out finally. Stopped for gas and popped into the store there for vitamins and DH's pretzels.

Working on a bank draw and have requested another form from bank gal. Wouldn't you know, just when I get to know the first gal she leaves and turns me on to a complete stranger...so we start the dance again to get to know each other. I had the first one convinced I didn't know what I was doing and she better be good at explaining and helpful in everything...

Need to finish the kitchen. For the first time in ages I let it get ahead of me.

Elizabeth, too bad our timing is off. We used to go to Winter Park or nearby. Haven't been up there in a couple years though. Enjoy your trip.

Dee, really nice your DH was able to come home.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Ds was shell-shocked over everything HRH has done to get dgs6 the right equipment. When he first came in the door I just had to tell him ... remember, I only have so much control! I think this was much more than was expected. But HRH loved doing it. He sat around with us and we had a nice chat. He took one of the cantaloupes for the firehouse breakfast in the morning.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:40 pm

Monday motivation happened at yoga class.
I selected a card about finding/being/appreciating my true self, which was the answer to the question of whatever I need. (OK so I've forgotten the first word already.)
I used a gift card to buy a couple of inspirational books, and a set of cards by the same author of the cards used by the yoga teacher.
This morning I used the cards for the first time, and thought to return to singing my mantra, which felt so good. Hopefully an attitude adjustment is in progress, which was the why of the purchase. A fresh inspiration after years of same old, and falling out of that habit.
Time was taken with all that, and veranda nature time too.
The consequence was I suddenly had 15 min to dress, eat, and to begin the walk to tai chi.
I think I reset recent records with that, and managed to get there in just under 30min. Puffed, but there.
I've gone back to tai chi for arthritis which (re)started in my town this year. Its taking me some concentration to copy this style (again) though that was 4 years ago, and the then teacher did an odd mix of things.
Groceries bought on the way home.

There is a heap of things I need to do this afternoon.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:19 am

Walked withmy walking buddy from last year she had some knee leg issues arthritis & something else. Not much positive to say as par for her normal course. Pesky dog was out as well. Glad I do not walk that route very often.

H is going in early.

Count down begins for rehoming hens first of Aug. Checking things off the list.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:33 am

Thanks, Harriet, for your kind and encouraging words re: my efforts on dmom’s part today.
I’m excited to hear your dgs is playing guitar!

I need some of Lynlee’s yoga/meditation. That sounds really nice.

I know that this is all going to work out with dmom... I’m not in full panic mode or anything — I’d probably have a panic attack if I thought I had to travel with her... (or anyone except dh and ds/family — I still have a strong travel-phobia) but I think I can handle all this with her surgery — it just sorta exhausts me to THINK about it. So... trying again to do one day at a time... (I am a little queasy right now though...)

Tomorrow and Wed., she’s on her own. She has to call and pre-register and she has to get herself over there and do paperwork Wed.
She is also going to have to get some clothes together and toiletries and stuff to take with her. I have to go Thurs and complete paperwork, I guess. For some reason, she has to meet with main person in the office, but apparently, I can sign my part with anyone who has a desk and a pen.

Tonight was really nice, for dh and me to have a quiet night out. However — I do not recommend the new Sicario movie. It stars Josh Brolin. That is all it has going for it. Of course it is violent; it’s about the drug cartels — but the problem is that it’s impossible to follow. At least it was for us — maybe we were just dense, LOL! When we left, I said, “I didn’t understand any of that. I couldn’t tell who the good guys were and who the bad guys were; I couldn’t understand why they were doing what they were doing; I couldn’t keep up with where they were; and I didn’t understand anything about the ending.”
LOL! Dh heartily agreed!

Hope y’all have a terrific Tuesday! More ta-das for me: I will be having a mammogram AND doing my civic duty by voting in our state run-off election.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”