The more we get together ...Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

The more we get together ...Wednesday!

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:50 am

The more we get together
Together, together
The more we get together
The happier we'll be

'Cause your friends are my friends
And my friends are your friends
The more we get together
The happier we'll be

Sometimes I forget to look at the world with the eyes of a child. With a child's heart you can see the possibilities of the world and are excited to learn, do, touch, see and be happy for those little joys of the day. It is so easy to get caught up with what is happening in the world but forget by taking care of ourselves, our homes and our families and our volunteering that we make a huge step in humanity to help the world. We make a difference! We are the CEO'S of a kinder gentler world in our own home and our own life.

Where there is righteousness in the heart, there is beauty in the character. When there is beauty in the character, there is harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, there is order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, there is peace in the world. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
pam and peggy used this quote often. I didn't understand it before but I do now; now more than ever.

you are doing a job that helps the world. Who we are, IS important. We are bringing peace to our home.
I believe here we can do this journey together. We can make this a safe space to talk about our lives and homes to bring peace to our world and extension the rest of the world (even when it's crazy 8-) :D - My grandparents lived through the horror of WW 2 but my grandfather chose to see the world with joy and positivity. If he could do that, after what he went through, I can do that too.

The best to you sweet ladies!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: The more we get together ...Wednesday!

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:00 am

I will be out of the house today as I am taking my d mom to the cathedral downtown. The other day I took her to the chapel where she and my dad were married. For her and for myself it was a disappointment - they had taken, (or was stolen), all the stained glass windows and took out the alter and changed the whole thing. It is a poor church and they make due where they can. It was pretty bad but I chose to remember that my d dad and all the family that are now gone were there but for d mom it was sad and disappointing that they let the church go so badly. So today I will take her to mass at a beautiful cathedral downtown.

http://holynamecathedral.org

wishing you the best!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:53 am

kitchen routine is done - didn't rinse the floor.

at 9:00 get dressed s2s leave at 10 am.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:57 am

I was up by six. Sipping coffe now, watered the tree out front. So glad I gave the bag of art stiff to dgd she loved it and was having a ball w it. H. Found a tin w a hinged lid I put with it to keep some ofthose supplies it in also sketch books and small note books. Had to txt dd to see if they got it yep. So happy to have good news about that grateful for that to do on hot summer days.a fancy Nancy color book too. :mrgreen:

H. Took the car load to tne thrift shop. Basement is now 75% done decluttering yea! I worked on it last nite shile doing laundry yea for progress!

I need to work on cleaning the carport, it is a bit hazy out from fires, allergies are acting up so might switch to home blessing. I have one hole to fill in back from the hens one a day is progress. Filled in one area of holes 1/4 th of back yd.

Journaling done.
Next up s2s x then dailies.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:58 am

i hope your allergies stay away d nancy!!! Happy day to you. I will be working with in spirit today!

I am thinking of putting my zone work (except outside) on hold because I have to go back to declutter mode. I can see that certain things are getting to me and need attention (decluttering papers photos first)

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:00 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, blessedw2. I like your quotes.
Hi, Nancy.

Monday was quite a long busy day at work.
This is the last week of Summer Reading Program at my library, meaning the last week we are giving out reward tickets to enter the prize drawings. Grand prizes winners will be announced Friday morning and all day Friday will be sort of a party. I am not scheduled to work Friday. I may or may not drop in to say hi to patrons. However, I work an 8 hour shift tomorrow and then I'm back for 5 hours on Saturday, so I might not have time to go there Friday. The summer program has been a lot of fun but all staff members are exhausted and looking forward to a more "normal" daily schedule.

Yesterday I did chores in the morning and went to a library staff meeting in the afternoon. Then I drove over to the nursing home where my oldest sister lives to have supper with her, her granddaughter and great-grandson. They live in New Jersey and the boy just turned 1 so the little family came to visit her mom and grandparents. My DMom and younger DSis were also able to come last night so it was a fun little party. It is a 1 hour drive to the town where oldest DSis lives. On the way home I stopped in a little town where I saw a grocery store still open, and was lucky enough to find the few things on my list to save having to drive anywhere today.

We are supposed to have cooler temps for the rest of this week, only reaching mid-80s. If the humidity is lower as well, I can work faster on my decluttering project.

Bit by bit, I can see progress in more square footage of empty space. :)

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 am

Good morning! For the 2nd day in a row Briggs has a nosebleed. Usually trivial in humans, usually serious in cats. However, this time, it may just be a scratch. I had time before dinner with xBFF to get a new travel backpack/sewing bag. I found one among the $50 items, but it was half off. It was identical to the others, but a different color. We aren't talking some funky weird color, just gray. Don't understand it, but will take advantage of it.

Dinner went well. It was just me and xBFF. (I was not sure if the boyfriend or daughter would be there. Neither are unwelcome, but it was good to get together with just her for a change.) She did have one request of me, but it was mentioned so far into the dinner, I don't think it was the reason she wanted to see me. She needs me to host my traveling companion friend for a few days while she is on a business trip. (TC friend is visiting her for 6 weeks). She did ask if I had met any men in my church. To which I replied that they were all either married or out of the age range. We laughed about trolling DD16's youth group, and that was it.

Daily loads are still in progress. I have made the announcement and will monitor.

Tonight will be dinner with another friend. Then it is essential I deal with bills and budget! Thank goodness Friday is payday.

Chelsea's adoption has fallen through. The landlord has nixed it. That surprised me because I thought anyone who is ok with ~50 pounds of active Siberian husky in an apartment would barely notice a cat (or a hurricane for that matter).

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:45 am

good morning d book and d elizabeth!

Oh I'm sorry your briggs had a nosebleed!
yay on getting things 50 % off d elizabeth and happy dinner went well. have a lovely dinner tonight with your other friend!

hi d book good morning I can't believe it is the end of summer reading already but so happy you and your work mates can go back to normal! Yay on your progress!!!

I am dressed s2s
new pants are a little tight but smaller than previous pants. I am in between sizes right now.
can't find my hairbrush :shock:

my morning routine is almost done. now to list spending from yesterday. :D ta ta until tonight.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:51 am

~~~~waving Hi to all~~~~

I slept well last night which resulted in raising my hours slept average to above 7 hours (my goal).

I spent the first 2 hours of my day outside. I wanted to get all the outside things done before it gets too hot. Our weather for the next week is going to be over 100F (38C) degrees so I want to limit my time outside during the heat of the day.

DH and I discussed what we want to do to celebrate our 45th Anniversary tomorrow. Neither of us wants to travel right now. I consider eating out more of a punishment rather than an enjoyable experience. We checked with each other if it was really okay if we just stayed home and we agreed it was. I've arraigned for DD to keep DS9 and DGD7 that day so DH and I plan to experience what being home together with no children is like. Yup. If there was a contest for choosing to have the most boring Anniversary celebration possible, then we would be the winners! :)

I've completed 17 items on today's list. Next up is choosing one or two of the remaining 24 items and doing them.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:04 am

LadyMaverick ~ I think having a quiet day at home is a perfect way to celebrate your anniversary.

Return to “Post When You Can”