The more we get together... Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

The more we get together... Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:09 am

It is so easy to get caught up with what is happening in the world but forget that by taking care of ourselves, our homes and our families and our volunteering that we make a huge step in humanity to help the world. We make a difference! We are the CEO'S of a kinder gentler world in our own home and our own life.

"Where there is righteousness in the heart, there is beauty in the character. When there is beauty in the character, there is harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, there is order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, there is peace in the world." A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

pam and peggy used this quote often. I didn't understand it before but I do now; now more than ever.

you are doing a job that helps the world. Who we are, IS important. We are bringing peace to our home.
I believe here we can do this journey together. We can make this a safe space to talk about our lives and homes to bring peace to our world and by extension the rest of the world (even when it's crazy... ..) - blessedw2, yesterday

This one's just not used up yet!

I brought part of blessed's yesterday-post to us today. I'll ask her to forgive slight changes to space apart and understand there's a quote in a quote now, etc. I needed to remember why I volunteer, for instance, and remember that it's ongoing everywhere - how wonderful to think of it happening in so many places all the time, like working together. Ditto with trying to make a kinder and gentler world in all the daily ways.

Good morning, everyone

LadyMaverick

Re: The more we get together... Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:57 am

Harriet & Blessed - Thank you for the wonderful words and thoughts.

I've spent the last 2 hours outside while the day is still cool. Being outside is my "happy place". I feel relaxed and refreshed each time I spend time there. I have learned even in the middle of the day with the 100+ F degree temps, I can still go outside and spend a limited time before I become too hot. The key is to remain aware of the very real danger of heat stroke and not push it. I have more friends than I can count that have had heat strokes. None of them have fully recovered from it. I don't want to experience that so I am cautious.

Thinking of Dee and DH.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:44 am

good morning sweet Harriet! Thank you for starting us!

good morning d lad

Good morning d everyone!

being outside is my happy place too d lady - so happy you were able to do that. (100 degrees is tough - I am glad you are so cautious).

We have been having the hot days but yesterday there was a break and it was a bit cool by the lake. It was beautiful. I got to see a sailing school with little ones in tow. The front boat was a rib (floating motor boat) and that boat was pulling a line (tied together) of bug boats (tiny sailboats) with children ranging from 4 to 6 years old. at the end of this line was another RIB with a counsellor in it. The scene reminded me of a mother goose followed by her babies and the father goose at the end making sure there weren't any stragglers. So so cute!

Hope you have a wonderful day. I am hoping to be here today!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:58 am

Thanks, LadyM. Just peeking in before I leave for the hospital. Dh is still there. His bilirubin was up and the Dr said last night they won't release him until that stays normal. He's getting antibiotics by IV every 6 hours. Sure he'll have pills when he comes home. They're talking about taking out the gall bladder in about 6 weeks. Dr also told him to call the shoulder surgeon today and tell him what's going on & see what he wants to do. Too many things going on at once for sure.

I went for lab work this morning. That was fun! NOT. Finally had to get another gal to come in to try to do a draw. Finally did but took almost 45 minutes. I'm polka dotted! In fact the receptionist in the Dr's office called me just as I sat down in the lab to say that my Dr had ordered blood work. Guess I knew that. Told her I was in the lab as we spoke. Hopefully it'll be back to the Dr by tomorrow morning. Have that appointment at 8am.

If dh doesn't go home today, I need to cancel an appointment with the PT for his shoulder tomorrow afternoon. Of course if the surgeon vetoes the surgery right now, it's a mute point. That will make dh very unhappy. After all, that's why the cardiologist is waiting on the stent -just so he can have this surgery.

I did go to the cardiac rehab center (just around the corner practically from the hospital) and did my first day of rehab/maintenance. Actually felt good to be able to hit those machines again. I probably will wait and go tomorrow as I doubt they want me doing it 2 days in a row. I'll probably do 3 days a week in the near future.

I'm eating my breakfast as I type, then I'm heading into the hospital. Hope you all have a good day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:03 am

d dee lots of love to you and your dh as you go through your day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:03 am

pulled cards and journal. ready to work.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:21 am

Great thoughts today thanks gals! I have been fighting a summer cold ugh been sneezing. I have went through a dresser, added to the donation bag, journal & planning done. Considering a day off. Need a couple items at the store. Done. Walk ddog. X Clip herbs by patio x. Declutter creayivity room closet x. Doing one closet a day this week is my plan.
Waving to everyone.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:23 am

waving at you too d nancy!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:51 am

Hi everyone! Great thought: a kinder gentler world. Yes indeed.

Y'all need to go back and read the last posts from yesterday. If you don't go back and read the last ones you sometimes miss the most interesting posts! Elizabeth did they find your bear and did you ever find out what the hearse was doing?

It was an early morning for me today. I went with DH while he had his lab work done. I wasn't sure he'd be able to find the right building or the right place in that big complex. I'd been there before so I knew it was odd. Good thing I did. He didn't know or remember to take his order from the doctor or his insurance cards (which I carry in MY card holder). Then once inside they needed to know how long ago he'd had a particular test and he had no clue. :shock: Called me in. Oh, when he had the workup for such-and-such...or was it the other thing done? Anyway, long enough that the test $ is surely covered.

Thought of Dee and DH while he was there. The girl wanted DH to rotate his arm palm up and straighten it out. Ha! Good trick if he could do it; his arms haven't moved that way for a long time. So the vein was a bit curled and she said it would hurt more... but DH said no problem at the stick. Quite different from a little boy in another room, about 8 yrs old, screaming and yelling and crying, and mother was yelling back at him instead of gently encouraging and bribing with a reward later...I wanted to go over there and smack her. :o

Dailies done, LOL hanging up; desk sorted out. I think I'm due for a break.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:00 pm

I was under the assumption Mr. DeeClutter had been allowed home ... don't know where I got that idea. Maybe reality will catch up with my misunderstanding soon. Dee, yes, I'd say 3 days a week is ideal, too. Happy you enjoyed it.

Feel better, Nancy.

The children were here since early - Whew. Today we built a big-cardboard-box house with a flagpole. How to make a flag pole? No time to youtube. I found a set of unopened chopsticks in the drawer. These are still attached at the base. We taped dgs6's typing-paper flag to a plastic straw, and slipped the straw over one stick of the chopsticks. I made a similar size cut in the top of the cardboard house but the chopsticks base wouldn't stay. So I taped a square of the same clear packing tape we'd built with, pierced a hole, and then when the chopsticks were pushed in, the tape "hugged" the flagpole upright.

Tobias kept trying to play in the house instead of the children. He is convinced he's within his rights. Say cheese, snap photo, send to parents, all good.

Return to “Post When You Can”