Footprint Erasing Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Footprint Erasing Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:46 am

"Footprints" erasing can be fun. Take a look 'round your home and find the little things that can be put to rights. It's okay if there are 999 little things. :) We've all been there.

Pick it up, don't pass it up, and then... put it away! - P and P
:) :)

Ramblin' coined the term footprints, I think, for all the little out-of-place things in a home.

My favorite method is to wear a "wrist corsage" (small plastic garbage bag) so both hands are free, to go around the house for any trash first. Then start thinking of things that need to travel to their places.

LadyM Happy Anniversary! Happy home from hospital day for Mr. DeeClutter, I hope.

Twins' Mom, safe travels are wished for you.

Feel better, Nancy. Smiling at lucylee's dmother's memory method of football correlation.

CathyS

Re: Footprint Erasing Friday

Postby CathyS » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:11 am

Hi!!

It's Friday. Tonight we are having fish (perch) and fries. We also have some coleslaw to finish up.

A couple of weeks ago, I turned our mattress. Dh complained about it the next day because now the slight dip that I have been putting up with is now on his side. Today I have re-turned the mattress already.

The dishwasher is already going so it will be done before 9 a.m. when the hydro rates go up to the "on peak" pricing. Between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. the hydro is priced at "mid peak". I just like to see our hydro bill where I use 4 times as much on the off peak hours than I do "on peak". I don't really pay attention to the mid peak hours.

When we were in the states last month I bought some peach flavoured jelly powder. This morning I made the American one and the one available to us here. Separate bowls, side by side. Tonight we will have a taste test to see which one we prefer.

Music is blasting and I am about to start the floors portion of my week. Vacuuming/sweeping and maybe washing. I am also going to do a quick spider web removal.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:09 am

I'm not familiar with the "jelly powder", Cathy. Can you explain more? And....
Today I have re-turned the mattress already.
So this surely means you're good for a long time since you've already done it twice this year! :lol:

Actually, LucyLee, you're not late at all -our anniversary is next Thursday, the 26th. Dh had talked about going to a really 'nice' restaurant. Told him I'd be just as happy going to the pub. Talked with the owner last night and he's going to make something special for us (pub is here). He asked Ted to give him his list of dietary restrictions and he'll cook up something special. He's so good to us! And I must say everything we've had there is superb! The dcampowner turned the Pub/restaurant over to an owner of another restaurant in a nearby suburb. Service and meals are excellent! Why should we travel? Think of the gas we're saving. Speaking of which it was down about $.10/gal yesterday.

Going to spruce up the RV and head out for PT I think. DD tried to set up the boxes that came for our internet yesterday. S pectrum was trying to walk her through it and they've pretty much decided that F rontier cut their cable when we had that provider a couple of years ago. So they're doing a 'free' service call today. Actually I got a text from TWC and immediately thought for some reason that it was F rontier finally answering my call of over 2 weeks ago. I could reply "2" to cancel their visit today. Thought it was strange that they were coming out the same time as S pectrum when it suddenly dawned on me texts are still coming from T ime W arner and haven't changed over to S pectrum. Called and think I got it straightened out. So, they're still coming this afternoon.

Have to take dh to a pre-op (for his shoulder surgery -which probably is not happening for quite a while) appointment with PT. Decided to keep it as then it will be done. Thinking most of the other pre-op stuff will have to be re-done whenever they decide he can have that surgery. The surgeon from his 2 hospital stays for his bowel obstruction & the gall bladder infection is calling the shoulder surgeon to get his feeling on when he can operate. Sure it's going to be after the gall bladder surgery. Then after the shoulder he'll have another stent procedure at some point. We might get out of here before the snow flies but I'm beginning to doubt it.

Going to spruce up the RV and try to fit in my cardiac rehab before it's time to take dh to his appointment at 1.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:19 am

what a positive way to look at my clutter trail. "Footprint Erasing Friday" so positive and such a great concept!!!

hello d harriet, hello d cathy, hello d dee, d lucy, dnancy, d sunny, d lady, d harmony, hello d twins!
and hello all dear ones!

d dee cheering you on through your floor work today!

d harriet... loved your corsage!

d cathy... i love your meals you make! ooo peach jelly mmm mmm mmm

d dee I am glad to hear that the surgeon is talking to his doctor directly! you have a busy day ahead - hope it is a great one!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:21 am

I am up was up by 5. Breakfast done. Journal done. Daily Planning qt done. Thanks for the mojo today I really needed it. I have some foot prints to erase.
Vacuum living room x.
Start laundry x.
I have a plan for dinner.
Cook noodles for h. Lunches.

Still have a bit of ishy tummy not going to far today.
Heading to J & C .
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:10 am, edited 7 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:26 am

hi d Nancy... good morning to you!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:27 am

ready to start my routines - hoping to make this a cook for the freezer day

ready for breakfast. today keeping track of how much sitting I do - reading planning paperwork etc.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:12 am

One wrist corsage filled and tossed - filled to the point of cumbersome to carry.

Some of the pick-up-and-carry started.

First laundry load prepared but waiting as dd prepares part of it - I'm not miffed because this time she's really trying to make my deadline, lol. Ahem. I would like to get morning dailies done in the morning, however... ...

Healthy brunch into tummy.

Repairman who was to arrive is already an hour late. HRH is delighted - not - (was staying at home for this, this morning).

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:17 am

well done d harriet!

breakfast done - time to pull things to do. using timer this morning

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:22 am

Waiting on the doctor to arrive and fill out the paperwork he was supposed to do Tuesday!
Aaaauuuggghhh!!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”