Footprint Erasing Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Footprint Erasing Friday

Postby lucylee » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Wow! All tasks completed on errand list!
— delivered papers to asst living
— signed papers at asst living
— several phone calls with dmom
— phone call to dmom’s pastor’s wife
— drug store for rx’s, etc, (dh)
— other drug store for misc including bday card for dmom to give ddil
— bank for $$ for dmom to give ddil
— post office
— phone call to dbil to confirm his attendance at ddil’s bday supper tonight
— stopped at school to look at first grade roster list (dgs got a wonderful teacher, about my age, whom we’ve known forever. Ds has been friends with her sons since kindergarten and they even went to college together!)
WHEW!
Dgrands arriving momentarily...
Leaving for supper at 5:00...

Oh! And surgery is scheduled for 6:00AM Monday morning!!!
Eeek..... I will get NO SLEEP.

IF SHE EVEN HAS IT!!!
She is still considering backing out — retaining fluid, legs swollen — sees family doctor again this afternoon.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Wow I wish I lived close to LadyM's mother! LadyM, did you enjoy your anniversary day off? Crossing fingers for your tests.

There are footprints around here to get rid of. Mainly in the kitchen. I don't leave footprints in there any more but it got ahead of me.

I don't do the wrist corsage thing any more. But I have little waste baskets everywhere. Beside bed end tables, beside the recliner; 2 bigger ones in the kitchen; a medium wire basket by my desk; a taller one in the computer office. One in each of the 3 bathrooms. 1 in the laundry room. The only place I really have to gather any extra stuff laying around is the kitchen table, which is 2 steps from the pull-out basket but DH is not good about doing that. Everything gets emptied Sunday when I gather everything for Monday's pickup. Most of them only have a couple pieces of things in them, but I find things neater this way. DD has laughed at my baskets everywhere, but it works for us.

Huge paper chase today but it's all done but one thing. I had to go through big stack of medical reports / things I've printed out from my office visits over the years. A big bunch of them were duplicates. I have a stack to shred now. All this to figure out why my dr. office wants $35.00 for something I don't remember being done (and not approved) but it is on the office visit report...so I guess I'll go ahead and pay for it.

Might be a quiet weekend. DH is out painting Sat and Sun afternoon.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:26 pm

I do continual PUPA monitoring every time I move from one room to another. I am a slob and am constantly and continually frustrated at
how easily I can leave a trail behind me if I don't remain aware. My goal is to keep the 5 main rooms company ready at all times. Every morning I do the floors and horizontal surfaces in those rooms. Then it just a matter of keeping the STUFF from finding a home there throughout the day. About a dozen or more times a day it seems I am telling DS9 and/or DGD7 to pick their things up and put them where they belong. It seems like every half hour or so I am saying things like....
* Dirty socks by the back door is not okay...stop what you are doing and put them away.
* leaving your shoes in the middle of the floor is not okay - someone will trip over them.....stop what you are doing and put them away.
* Who left their empty milk glass on the table? Go rinse it out and put it in the dishwasher.
* Are you finished with those books? Go put it where it belongs.
* Why is there a dog bed in the middle of the floor?
I try to balance between a company ready home and one that is used. Legos on the fun room floor is fine. Coloring supplies covering the dining room table is fine. Until they are finished being used and then put them up before moving on to the next thing. If I don't continually do PUPA and/or telling DKids to put their things away, then the horizontal surfaces will become covered in a matter of hours.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:15 pm

dog gone it I lost the afternoon to a migraine! 8-) :shock:
dd younger is is really bad pain today - a flair up - and she had to skip work - wondering if the weather had something to do with both.

having dinner with d mom soon as I couldn't cook or do anything. both my old dogs slept near me - (even one of the cats) so funny to wake up surrounded by animals lol.

hope you all are well!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:18 pm

I had to nap but feel refreshed. Got laundry folded. Next load will be when h work clothes. It is cooler here today. I did 2 shelves in the linnen closet.

It looks a bit cluttery bc of the donations that need to bw loaded in the car when it is here I do not want to put them outside in the smoke we have had this week.

I washed up the dishes. The ddog has been at my side this afternoon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:59 pm

wonderful that you feel refreshed d nancy

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:05 pm

as I wasn't able to cook today or do my morning routines my d mom and I are going out to dinner alone bc dd younger is up in bed. But I did, tonight, make my bed.,empty the dw, clean the sink, put away some in the kitchen, clean the counters. I don't like when I don't have gumption but my body must have known I needed to sleep bc of a doozy of a migraine. But I did do that. I realized not feeling well that my dreamer perfection took over when I was planning meals :shock: I fell down the rabbit hole instead of simplifying. Nothing looked good and with dd younger's diet restrictions I have to be a bit more creative.

d mom is picking me up in 10 minutes (she is always early :D )
i have to pick up gatorade and chicken soup (which I "had" planned to make with my instant pot today)

wishing you the best.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi everyone! This may be my last post for a little while because I leave for vacation tomorrow.

Last night, I got done: library run, found my vacation packing list to follow, got 3 days of park tickets, prepaid rental car, bills and budget, collected some stuff for the cats' boarding. It was a good thing I did the B&B. I meant to put the park tickets on the CC not the debit. YIKES! Fixed though.

At payroll, I examined my vacation schedule and decided to take the afternoon off to get things done. I also posted major report mods to test and gave instructions to the team on how to put them on prod if we get the go-ahead.

This afternoon, I have: clipped half of Briggs claws (a multi-stage process), LOL, got park maps, called hospital about a payment plan, and ran some errands associated with the trip.

Taking a short break, then will assemble the cat stuff, clip the remainder of Brigg's claws, and start some packing.

I will be getting LOTS of the funnest kind of exercise in the coming week.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:21 pm

Last load of laundry is going now. I finished the deviled eggs just before dinner. Roinded up the donations got em out of the hallway. Got a few more bagged up to load up tomorrow.Had a lot of table clothes! :roll: I will be changing the the table so will not need those.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 pm

Elizabeth I bet I already missed you, but have a great time, especially now that you know you can do the water park things and roller coaster while on your vacation! Whoosh, whoosh!
I hope Briggs has no more nosebleed and that in fact that last episode was exterior anyway.

blessed, so sorry you were feeling sick but that's sweet to awaken surrounded.

Best wishes on tests and such, LadyM.

Company came this afternoon. No plan for this at all, since I'd thought they were coming two days ago and had prepared for a meal then. Sigh. Never mind - that food is gone. No reason to feel sorry for myself. Dd ended up picking up a few things on her way home from work to add to things I picked up in another direction.

I have done a great deal of Desk Day to a roadblock and now sitting still with that. At least I know I've done all I can until others get back to me.

Return to “Post When You Can”