Saturday Strength

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Saturday Strength

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:02 am

A DFriend wrote this and it touched me. I am sharing in case it helps someone else.

I believe that the greatest strength you can have is to show love to those who are hateful to you. Just because I don’t react, doesn’t mean I don’t notice. I choose to live a life of love. A lion doesn’t have to prove what it can do. You already know what it is capable of. It’s a silent strength. Have courage to show love. Have the strength to forgive. When someone takes advantage of you, take that opportunity to show kindness; live generously. Let your enemies bring out the best in you. Don’t just love the lovable—anybody can do that. Have the strength to show kindness even to people who don’t deserve it. Choose to live a life of strength— show love and be kind.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Re: Saturdy Strength

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:14 am

I work on this - it made a difference in some cases and in another no but i felt better once I didn't engage by reacting and tried to think with a kind heart. thank you for sharing d lady.

trying to get over a habit. when I sleep the whole day- migraine day yesterday - I have a tendency to think I failed when I wake up. how silly. I can use the saturday strength you shared d lady. i have to remember I am not a failure if my brain goes on holiday and I can't focus. It's okay - I ended up with a migraine. it's okay it's a new day!

wishing everyone a day of focus and strength.

Does anyone do what I do re: looking at what they didn't do (I do that when I sleep the day away) - I have to remember even with a headache and sleeping I did most of my routines.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday Strength

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:23 am

I had a wonderfully refreshing night sleep. I haven't looked at the fitbit data yet but it feel like it had lots of deep sleep.

Today schedule is totally clear. DGS21 is wanting to get together today but we haven't made any firm plans. He is welcoming to come hang out with me and join me in whatever I'm doing but I'm not feeling the need to go "do" something.

It will be another extra hot day (110F) so staying indoors sounds good to me. I have several things I want to bake but the A/c units are working hard and I don't want to put extra stress on them by turning the oven on. I have seen pictures of friends who put sprinklers near their outside a/c units as well as putting umbrellas near the units to keep them in shade. I'm not sure if that helps the a/c unit work better but it seems to help the friends in their effort to do something to stay cooler. :)
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:59 am

Good morning every one. H is working this morning. I was up by 6, breakfast is over. Journaling is done. I did some sketching &
had coffee.

I am thinking on meals and need to do my day planning. I am tweaking the placement of a couple of em. Feeling better today that helps.

We are getting a break from the heat until midweek.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:14 am

my goal today is not to get lost in the rabbit holes of my day and do a home blessing

good morning d nancy yay on meals and day planning. cheering you on

d lady so so happy you had a refreshing night sleep.
stay cool!!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:09 pm

The young man came over and chatted a while. He has the unusual talent of summarizing a long discussion into one sentence at the end. It's nice to get the sense that someone has listened that well and has been engaged in the various thoughts.

They have gone off to have a Saturday together, planning a thrifty walk around a 3-towns-away touristy place to see a few sights, and have sandwiches. HRH threw some money into the air for dd to catch (and believe me, she doesn't let it have any extra hang-time), saying "me and Elvis, what can I say - just no Cadillac." So maybe they will have a little nicer or longer date-day.

Laundry done and down to folding.

Long phone call from neighbor fielded.
DPC to the electric about the dual bill I got.
Went over music in email.

Next up -
bathroom spif
one kitchen counter reorganize

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:16 pm

I decided to go ahead with using the oven this morning. I had 3 things to cook in it so the racks were full.

I am still forcing myself to keep a slower pace until I get the results of the tests done on my heart. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :) I have spent 2-3 hours outside today but am now feeling like a captive because it is too hot to be outside. DMom said the weatherman announced that it is the hottest day since 1939.

I'm being lazy and letting DS9 play video games with no time limit. It is something that only happens when the weather is bad or I'm sick. The digital babysitter comes in handy but it has consequences. His tics get more frequent when he sits still and uses screens. I'm watching DS9 now without him being aware and his tics are happening about every 30 seconds.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:26 pm

Back from another load of junk hauled off. Yea us, we were both out of sorts doing this every Sat. Is not so much fun but it is cooler today so that helps. The ddog thinks it is fun at least! :mrgreen: The carport does look better now so that headway is helping yea! I remembered some thing on the menu plan that is a hit frozen meal, so I have a plan that perked up hubby.

Time for the hens be let out for free range time in a few min.

I did two more rounds of pupa in back yd cannot believe I finding stuff lol!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:27 pm

I went to the farmers market with dd younger and then to michaels for a present for a little boy she takes care from time to time. she is off and feeling better even though she feels a little spacey. she took her meds and feels better.

I have to leave at 4:45.

hi d lady... hope your house cools down after cooking.
wishing you a good day!

hi d harriet! wishing your dd a beautiful day out.
cheering you on through your folding

yay on getting another load of junk gone d nancy!

I have to change to junky cloths and work on put away first (clutter patrol)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:54 pm

kitchen home blessing done
family room home blessing done
vacuumed in 3 season room walking areas.
spoke to dd older for awhile.
home blessing in dining room done
home blessing front hall
stairs home blessing done

put timer on so i know when to leave.

Return to “Post When You Can”