Saturday Strength

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Saturday Strength

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:31 pm

I am looking in from DC. I need to get packed up tonight and my flight home is in the morning leaving before 9 am. I will be stepping in the door at home before noon probably.

Amazing week here. I’ve spent two days at DAR library, most of five days at the DC National archives, a trip to the college park national archives, and an orientation and couple of hours at the Library of Congress. I did not get a lot of material at the NA but a lot of time was spent learning about the available materials and how to get to them.

It will be hard to get moving once I get home, I suspect.

Thinking of concerns here, I read J&C but didn’t comment. I miss you all.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:36 pm

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Happy children around here - the putt-golf outing was a huge success. That's a wise bday party activity, I think.

Off at a track meet, DangerBoy accomplished a remarkable feat of balancing himself and continuing to run following a scary trip on the track. (gasp! says Grandma) He was running the 100, which is won in less than 15 seconds. So everyone assumed he would finish last, but he gained speed, reached the middle of the pack and finished 5th at 15.4 seconds. His coaches were beside themselves with relief and delight - dd38 says one was slapping her on the back over and over, forgetting this is the mother, not another man, lol.

I made a new oriental dish - it was a hit. Half rice and half quinoa for a fried rice skillet. To tell you the truth, I didn't get much and it was gone! Oh well, better than having leftovers because they don't like it!

Glad your week is such a good learning experience, Twins'.

blessed, nobody can function with a migraine. Sounds like you were ready to get things done as soon as you could.

LadyM, what a remarkable temperature and record. yipes.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:46 am

I am so happy you had fun d harriet at the putt-putt golf activity with dear kiddos!!! glad danger boy is fine after the tumble on the track... those things make mothers and grandmothers grey (mine under my dyed hair).. gasp is my usual response or ooo ooo ooo (may d kids make fun of me for that - lol)
sounds like a great mix (dish) d harriet

have a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”