Sunday pwyc ... we can be the peace in our home

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Sunday pwyc ... we can be the peace in our home

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:08 pm

You are cooking up a storm, bw2!

I had my nap and am looking at my assignment for ProGen due on Wednesday. Will go down the street to visit w M in less than an hour.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:20 pm

I am just too lazy during the week- or it's lack of focus come 5 pm - I found myself eating unhealthy foods and eating out ($$ 8-) :? :D )

glad you had a nice nap d twins!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:22 pm

emptied dw and put a whole new load in the machine and that is washing itself.
I still have to freeze the berries
( I had hoped d mom would stop by and pick up her berries)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Blessedw2... earlier this week a lady I know was telling us how someone in her family says that she can't have cheese. She said she just makes her regular, everyday lasagna, tells the person there is no cheese in it, and the person eats it and never says a word other than to tell her it's delicious. LOL!! There are so many people with so many restrictions these days. When I was a kid, nobody had allergies or sensitivities to anything. You ate what was put on the table or you didn't eat.

That being said, I am waiting for the results of my dd's Celiac testing. We've already gone through her being a vegetarian and then not being able to digest beef.... I wonder what's next.

Meatloaf is in the oven.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:30 pm

I did some drawing. Allergies in our family are real dgd ends up in er if she eats cinnamon, or coconut the whole family double checks for these ingredients, not smart to feed it to them anywya in our case it could be deadly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:08 pm

Ramblin' has posted in J and C.

Dd and her friend have gone off to get some take-out fried rice for our supper.

I'm re-making grocery list as HRH is unsatisfied with the printable I'd most recently customized for us. On that one, spaces to write are small. For now, using CEO's blank fillable :idea: to place some headings to write under, and can go back later and change of course.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:12 pm

I cooked until I couldn't cook any more. I have to empty the dw and clean up.

fried rice sounds great d harriet. good luck on the list stuff!

hi d nancy. glad you found out what makes her sick. it's so scary to have an allergic reaction!

d cathy hello - dd older gets a huge belly overtime she eats cows milk and cheeses - she is really fit and taut in her waist so it is really obvious when it happens. feta bothers her but not like cow products. dd younger is starting to have sensitivities to milk. it gives both of them di... you can guess. TMI lol. it's not an allergy like dd younger's nuts and peanuts but makes her have problems later on. My brother is the same way. he gets di ... and indigestion. Allergies are different than sensitivities. dd younger had to have 2-1/2 times the amount of normal epi pen because her face and hands kept swelling and she couldn't breatyh after someone said the cookies didn't have nuts and she took a bite - spit it out because it had peanut butter in it. it was terrifying but she was next to the hospital. (a family member used to bring peanuts all the time to say it was in dd's mind - She had to sit far away in case of peanut dust which causes dd's throat to tighten. (found out the hard way when we passed a nut area in a grocery store when people were shovelling peanuts in a bag).

actually if you watch why children are having allergies now and sensitivity's is because our bacteria in our gut have changed - we used to have dirt, no antibiotics and more which have caused children to have these sensitives and severe allergies. there is a documentary on netflix on what is happening.
If I didn't see it for myself with a couple kids I wouldn't have understood either. Some people do pretend. but others have a sensitivity and suffer with intestinal issues for days afterward.

A family in dd youngers grammar school were allergic (horribly) to latex, peanuts, tree nuts and had sensitivities to a lot of stuff. They had to tell everyone in the school that no latex balloons etc. could be in the school (there was a sign on the front door of the school).

dd younger was told to eliminate gluten because it is thought to cause inflammation in chronic pain patients.

I belong to a allergy group for parents and lots of young ones are getting more and more deadly allergies. The FDA is hopefully approving a program that will slowly introduce microscopic bits of allergens so that children can become tolerant instead of having deadly reactions. My cousins daughter had to do that for wasps.

lol aren't you glad I talked about this lol :lol:
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:39 pm

The last pot luck I went to at dsons was odd, some could not eat pork, not alergy, some nuts, others cinnamon and coconut, 2 type 1 diabetics, dson & I have senusitivity to nuts, some milk products I belueve, seems the veg & deviled eggs and chile wete a hit.

H grilled this afternoon, I cooked an egg, and noodles for h. To have in his lunches.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:45 pm

on phone learning how difficult it is to post in miniature.

So funny but we have a grocery list and the three of us are kinda looking at it, there on the table. Walking around it. Who wants to do this... .. um, nobody. Who wants to eat? Well, yeah, there's that. (Smile). Probably going with dd in the morning.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:59 am

EVERYONE MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MO!!! Not MY post, b/c that is the last one right now, but the one ABOVE mine. I think we can all take a deep breath and relax a little bit...

ALSO... I'll be posting in J&C again in a minute... tomorrow is D-Day for dmom... or maybe F-Day? FOOT day.
I have to get up at 4:30 a.m. Oh my goodness. I don't think I've done that since ds had a hernia operation at age 4! :o :shock: :cry:

Today, I took a VERY long nap, which was much needed b/c we didn't get in bed/lights out until almost 4:00 a.m. We were home at 2:00 a.m., I think, but oh my goodness, dgs was wound up. He had to read to me... then I had to read to him... then he needed a drink... then he wanted my phone... (He didn't get it.) Then he had a PAPER CUT and it was BLEEDING... :o :shock: :roll: It was a LONG night. And believe it or not, he never fell asleep in church, either.
Plus, he had a horrible day at the festival. He could NOT stay quiet, had a couple meltdowns, hurt his granddaddy's feelings with his no-filter observations, ordered food/refused to eat, it was just a no good, horrible, very bad day. Any insights here, Elizabeth? Rose? Anyone?
DGD, on the other hand, was a perfect angel all day long.

Sunday chores done, including going to Wmart for groceries on my own, b/c dh feels so miserable.
My reminders -- set on my phone for tomorrow -- I hope dmom will be able to rest after surgery and I can get some sleep then too, b/c I'm afraid it will be a short night for me tonight. I can never sleep with something like this ahead of me, anyway.
Tomorrow, aside from the obvious, I must:
* Call dmom to make sure she is awake... don't forget phone charger...
* Text ddil to let her know if she needs to stop on her way to the dentist and bring any of dmom's supplies (if I can't fit everything into dmom's car)
* Go to medical supply place to sign for hospital bed
* Call dh's cardiologist re: side effects from recent new bp medicine (three weeks on it, and yes, according to the internet, flu-like symptoms and coughing actually CAN be a side effect)

So -- y'all pray for me -- and forgive me for not cuop today.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”