Wake Up — It’s Monday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Wake Up — It’s Monday!

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:11 am

How odd, for me to be the first one here!
We are here at the surgery center.

Heads up — If you don’t go back and read the late night posts from yesterday — be sure to check MO for new posts! :)

Hope you all have a good day!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Re: Wake Up — It’s Monday!

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:42 am

hugs and prayers Lucylee, and all who follow to have a good day.
It will be amazing for dm when she can put her feet and toes on the floor, healed.

tdy
yoga
bank atm
bus home
lunch
prep for helper. Yay one I've liked from recent months came back, and knows the what and how of things here.
bed sheets changed.
floors and bthroom done.
I did catch up on dishes, counter, 2 LOL. also toted a heap of things out of the way for floor attention.
also cleaned my wir floor, which cleaners never touch.
afternoon rest meant I had the umpf to walk 3k this afternoon.

still to do- dishes tonight. prep drink with my chia seeds- omega 3 special needs.
bath etc.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:30 am

Wow. Monday morning and back to real life. I've been up since 7:30ish but have yet to really settle down to the day. Still reading blogs I missed last week. :o

So in the hope of prying my bottom off this chair soon....
-change clothes and walk the dog, who is waiting patiently
-breakfast and meds
-empty the dishwasher
-unpack dirty clothes, sort, and start lol, preferably something that needs to hang to dry
-clear kitchen table and kitchen counters

Goals for the day:
-see my mother
-groceries
-unpack, wash, put away
-ProGen work due on Wed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:05 am

Lucylee... sounds like your grandson was way over stimulated by sights and sounds. Perhaps headphones would help when in large crowds but sometimes has kids like him grow older they get over loaded ...foods can be a huge trigger too. Way too much of everything and bench the melt down

I have a drs appointment today... temps 115* today and 117* tomorrow, not fun
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:48 am

d harriet - have fun with your dd this morning!!!

I am awake - so happy it was you who gave all of us a wake up call.. wish it was under better circumstances d Lucy! I will be thinking of you!!!

d lynn good day to you! well done on your work! have a great evening!!

hi d twins. I hope you have a really wonderful day!

hi d rose! headphones really help kiddos. great idea! i hope you stay cool while you go to your dr. appointments Happy day to you!

happy day to all of you!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:50 am

I am not sure but I think someone broke into my kitchen last night and ransacked it (they cooked and left out the dishes - but emptied the dw) :shock: 8-) :D

My goodness - I know what I am doing this morning.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:36 am

I spiffed up the kitchen, rounded up a couple of donations school supplies, cooked eggs to devil they are cooling. Planning & journal done, qt done as well.

Wtg gals on your progress! I am trying to get back on track this week after feeling puny last week.

A bit dissappointed I did not find the planner refill pages at W-mrt I has seen on u tube, so I cut and punched some out of good quality paper I had on hand for my daily lists. My weekly stuff needs atn. Last full week with the hens here. The one that was lame is better and walking again not running but an improvement.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:51 am

bw2, it's obvious that the dishwasher here wasn't run since before I left on the 13th, when I last emptied it. :shock: Lots of things that needed a little scrubbing because they sat so long dirty.

I've made progress here. My bag is unpacked, laundry sorted and most stuff put away. On second load of laundry. I should open up dh's bag (he was away from Thurs a.m. early until last night late) and unpack his dirty clothes to add to my mountains of laundry.

I feel like the day is slipping away from me.

-figure out dinner
-purge refrigerator
-grocery list
-s2s
-make the bed

Once this is done I need to head out for groceries and to see dmom.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:18 pm

lol -d twins your family and my family must know each other lol. dh only washes dishes by hand and if I leave with clean dishes in the dw he won't empty them - when I am home he just puts his dishes in the sink. I remind him from time to time and then he will do it but I can't tell you how many times those egg dishes stay there for 5 - 7 days :shock: :lol:

d twins - look what you have done already! emptying the luggage and washing and putting the laundry is a an extra... you have your normal routine which you are used to and then when added things come in it seems like your day is speeding by (or in my case I think i can't catch up - my overthinking brain 8-) :D )

have a good day with your d mom. I ordered groceries yesterday because I could feel the time disappearing. :shock: ;) 8-)

hi d nancy. I love your kitchen looking so spiffy - I am not there yet but working on it. I hope you feel better this week. i know it will be hard for you to loose your chicks! ((()))

so far - :shock: I am making progress in the kitchen. I feel bad that i can't do anything with d mom and dh. I have to work on my house.

I can't find my phone!

TRYING TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Of course there is no surprise that lucylee comes in here and says, "Wake Up". Always such an early bird, lucylee is. Ben Franklin didn't have anything on her. (best wishes)

We did have a pleasant time, blessed. She and I have a rhythm to the grocery trek. We double-team the produce dept and aisles, but don't get too far away. (That's HRH's worst habit, when he and I are together. We spend time trying to find each other again because he's too ambitious with heading in new directions.) At the parking lot, I hand the bags to her from heavy to light, she loads, I walk the cart to the rack, she starts the car and when I get back, we're gone! It's so much faster together, but I know the benefit is short-lived now because it won't be many more years until she is fully away.

Anyhow, with a better-stocked cupboard, I have to address this nagging headache that seemed to get worse out in the haze today. Had a comforting sweet potato lunch with a headache pill. Right now trying to tell myself that this is enough and I don't need a darkened room. Sigh.

Return to “Post When You Can”