Wake Up — It’s Monday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wake Up — It’s Monday!

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:04 pm

lol your sweet dh sounds like my dh!!!

I am so happy you had a great time! isn't it fun to spend time together! I hope your headache goes away d Harriet.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:09 pm

I just had a reminder how much we need kindness. Heightened stress re: the world is hitting so many people we love and care about. I hope we all go into the world knowing who we are is enough to make the day and our world better. It will get better. being kind changes minds.

trying to bring peace to my home so that my family can go out in the world in the same peace.

okay my kitchen - no peace yet in there :shock: :D going back to it :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Walked ddog. Peeled eggs and they are deviled cleaned up kitchen again. Linen closet is decluttered. Loaded a few more things.

Dining table is in dire need of attn. Papers etc. Need delt withstuff I decluttered but needs another step. This is up next.

Sorted out old bs monitors rx stuff glad I delt w that. Found wedding photo album, tea cups from 1st set of china a fun surprise, vases for flowers also.

Trying to think how to set up bujo pages for moving. I am over thinking it.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:23 pm

Funny that Harriet went to grocery with her dd - I just did the same. While I was making a grocery list, she came by to catch up. We talked a while, and I did some refrigerator wipe out while talking to her (at least I got that done!) then I dropped everything else and we went by to see dmom - for about 10 minutes - and then to the grocery. I really do better by myself although it was nice to spend time with her and catch up.

I got groceries put away and had pizza for lunch. Not an ideal lunch, but then it was past lunchtime and I was getting "hangry." I also rebooted laundry. I have two loads hanging dry (one was bras only) so better to do a load to fold next.

Next up:
-s2s
-make the bed
-take out kitchen garbage
-go upstairs to work on ProGen work
-refill meds for the week

Just realized that our A/C isn't working. I keep thinking it's hot and checking the thermostat and it's set on 72 degrees. The actual temp is 76. Thus, heading upstairs is an excellent plan as the late afternoon sun warms up this area. I'm glad I was planning for cold chicken salad this evening - dh had left rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator that needs to be used.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:32 pm

do you think I should ask my dd's if they want to come with me to the store 8-) :D

how fun to catch up with your dd d twins
yay on your laundry, wiping out the fridge and grocery store.
hope your ac starts working

hi d nancy cheering you on as you work - good for you with dealing with the old monitor stuff.

peeled the poblano peppers I grilled yesterday. My kitchen is starting to look better.
took meds
I found yellow peppers that need cutting up (and used this week) as they are starting to look like they are going to turn.
dh cut the small area inside the fence as we are supposed to have rain

time to clean counters and stove top. I made brown rice for the freezer in the instant pot for the next month.

dd younger is home 5 days of headaches - today is a bit better. she is sitting with an ice pack wrapped around her head. She is talking so that is good (and she smiled!)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Had to pick up dd at the car dealer -she had to leave her Cherokee for some transmission work. Then dh and I headed in so I could go to cardiac therapy and he to the lab for bloodwork. The rehab closes its doors at noon and I had to skimp on a couple of exercises. Got all the way to the car and my key fob had fallen off my wallet. So back in we went. As we got to the door one of the therapists happened to be coming in & asked what we needed as the door was locked. No keys. Went in and they were on a table -they'd fallen to the floor and someone picked them up. Came home & I dozed a little bit.

For some reason I'm getting pains in my legs. Don't think I did anything exercising.

Dh is about to fall asleep. Think he's going to try to work for a while tomorrow. But his 'boss' will see that he doesn't do anything too taxing. We also see the cardiologist tomorrow, hoping he can give us some insight as to what is happening in the weeks to come.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:06 pm

hi d dee - hope the transmission work isn't too bad! best wishes as you do cardiac rehab
(hope the pain goes away) wishing you a restful night.

glad his boss is watching over him.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:26 pm

the neurologist gave dd younger steroids to hopefully break the migraine cycle. hoping it helps!
I love dd's neurologist

the vegetarian enchiladas are in the oven (boy I miss the cheese lol) dd's would not be happy if I added it (physically) ! 8-)
I made 2 one for the freezer and one for us. I also miss the flour tortillas - I normally use corn but lol now that I don't have flour stuff in the house - I am missing it 8-) its usually too squishy for me.

time to empty the dw

felt bad for d mom as well - when I am not busy with her she worries about her issues more. she was here bc her heart rate was up to 106 - which isn't bad bc it goes back down to 84 then 76 (when she was here - right away) being alone stinks - I invited her to stay but she is so so super clean and organized that my messy kitchen was too much for her to handle. :( she was kind about it but I know with dd hurting and me cooking she felt she should go home. :( dd older did say in funny tone - that maybe her and my d mom might be able to have a double room if they both had to go to the hospital. (my d mom laughed!) ;) I will call my d brother just so he can call her to make her happier

dh is feeling better emotionally - I am just trying to be there for all three of them. called d brother and he is going to call d mom.

taking a nice sit down. and then back to reality.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:23 pm

My WiFi is wacko. Lost three posts already.

Blessed...there is great research that shows breathing pure oxygen breaks ups migraines. Many of my friends keep tanks in their homes to use. You can google it... oxegen and migraines ... and show it to your daughters neurologist. I am going to talk to my dr abt it during my next visit.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:30 pm

Dee...
Check your salt intake. I went to the drs today with concerns abt terrible leg/food/ankle cramps. Have increased my magnesium and potassium that did not help.

Long story short I am sodium deficient and now have to increase my salt intake.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”