Wednesday Funny

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday Funny

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:11 am

I'm in full on work mode - almost to panic mode.

“Calvin: You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes: What mood is that?
Calvin: Last-minute panic.””
- Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

What tickles your funny bone today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Wednesday Funny

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:29 am

so so funny! loved it d twins!

hope you and everyone here has a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:34 am

I have been on the panicky side seeing all that needs doing. my home is blew up and looks dirty. I was looking at everything I had to do and Poof panic and anxiety happened which slowed down the process. :shock: ;)

I have 4 people in my family needed me to talk to them, care for them or just be there. I was feeling pulled in multiple directions. I was feeling guilt that the house blew up, that my mom was alone the last 5 days- she has stopped by which is so nice, that dh feels a bit on his own, dd younger is sick and dd older needed to talk about work.

So today: feeling so much better. No headache. No exhaustion
Also feeling less guilty about others needs as I realize I can only do what I can. next - so dramatic: reminding myself that I am the CEO of my home and life.( 8-) :D ) - maybe I will make myself an award statue - My name on top and HOME CEO on the bottom of the plaque. or just a desk plaque :lol: 8-)
So today I am just trying to live in the right now and do my morning routine and my home blessing.
I realize I have to say I love you to my family and not feel guilty.

Grateful that d twins started me out with humour. Best way to start the day. :D :D :D

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:45 am

I'm leaving now for a massage and wondering why I scheduled it today. The proof argument assignment is due today for Pro Gen and it's a doozy. I had kind of mapped it out week before last, but wasn't realistic about how much more work it would need to complete. My roommate, E, was finishing her July work and starting the assignment for September. :shock: The August assignment is just to refine, redo, and polish the July work. Only one person has turned her work in so far and it's formatted as a research report, not a proof argument. Things that make you go :shock: .

A.m. routine is done for now - I need to do another load of laundry later but want to be here when the washer cuts off to move it over.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:03 am

I have a feeling the massage will help you with your report! relax and enjoy the moment. have fun today d twins!! You are a smart cookie - you have got this!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:07 am

I pulled out my sidetracked home executive book and have it sit on my kitchen table for inspiration and humour. :D

since dh is still sleeping I think I will do a home blessing in the dining room and front hall. I am going back to my timer full time (lol until i forget where it is). only 15 minutes an area -- simple no perfection... (if you hear someone yelling that to themselves - that's me)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:16 am

Smiling at blessed's last post. Full time is the way to go back to the timer, yes.

Laundry through to drip dry
trash and recyclables to the cans and ready for trucks
kitchen spiffed - to a point
new grocery list fill-able printed, plus extras

Next up see about me - brunch

Today -
more Desk Day
errands perhaps
do the reading for study
7:00 study at church

let's see, what's funny - remembering my dmother and her twin, champion giggleboxes, who could look at each other, know what funny thing the other had thought, and get tickled to the point one would probably have to scurry to the bathroom quickly. The rest of the people in the family just looking at each other, like... .. what? This went on all my life - when my grandmother was still living, she had a solemn joke in which she announced she would now do her impression of a cow. She would slowly drop each of three books she held behind her as she walked - plop, plop... .. plop. She would have left the room and her daughters still wouldn't be able to talk for several minutes, nearly crying. I remember when they tried to explain the joke to some of us children, who couldn't understand. It took forever.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:53 am

hi d harriet! good morning!
well done this morning d harriet!
I like your idea of a grocery list - on your computer?

champion giggleboxes
i love this - so so cute. I can imagine myself being there with your dear family! made me smile right away.

my d grandmother was like this (my d moms mom)
and she was a super story teller - family stories. When my d grandmother, d grandfather, my mom, my aunts and d grandmothers cousin and her husband would get together in france the stories and laughter abound. (as well as dancing) - you brought back so many wonderful memories d harriet.

my d mom is actually not humour funny but what she says is so funny that she finds herself laughing until tears come in her eyes and dd's join her.. dh's sisters are witty funny and giggle at each other. it's always fun to be part of when the humour and joy is in the air!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:07 am

No funnies for me today. Woke with a freight train of a migraine and my friend Courtni died from her illness yesterday.

Back to bed...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:09 am

oh my d rose!!! praying for you and your sweet friend.
Hope that awful migraine goes away.

Return to “Post When You Can”